Current PD....now what's next?

mke

Registered Users (C)
It seems to be a miracle but many of us have our PD now current....what's next now? I started to gather the required documents to file I485 but I found some requirement called "EVIDENCE OF ELIGIBILITY". Does that mean we have to wait to be notified by the USCIS that a visa number is available in order for us to actually file or I485? or we just send our application knowing that our PD is current?:confused:

No

It seems to be a miracle but many of us have our PD now current....what's next now? I started to gather the required documents to file I485 but I found some requirement called "EVIDENCE OF ELIGIBILITY". Does that mean we have to wait to be notified by the USCIS that a visa number is available in order for us to actually file or I485? or we just send our application knowing that our PD is current?:confused:

mke,

You become current on the 1st of June. Unless something has changed, you are free to file your 485 on the 1st of June. You do not need any official notice from USCIS. There is a lot of paperwork that needs to be taken care of first. I would get cracking on it.

Please talk to you lawyer and make sure to get this done in the next two week. DO NOT WASTE ANYTIME TO FILE.

good luck,

saras

saras,

if you don't mind sending and if you have a list for 485, could you please share with us as well ?

My PD is Sep/2002 - EB3; 140 approved last year.

Thanks.

Guys
My PD is Jan 2003 and I am current. I had filed my 140 & 485 concurrent in 2003. My 485 is approved long back and also in 2004 I ansered query on my 485. Had applied ead&ap each year and attrended finger prints whenever called for.
So what is the next step I need to do now?

THanks,

Pl guide

Dear Gurus,
Please guide as my date has become current at such a crucial stage ( can start a new job in next few months).I had filed 140/485 thorugh NIW in Jan 2003 and I am supposed to work here till Oct 2007 ( 5 year commitment) .I was fingerprinted last August ( 2006).
Now my PD even through labor is current.
Is there any way I can file 485 based on labor but take advantage of already filed 485 NIW ( Fingerprinting or FBI checks) ? porting my date .
Does INS have a central data bank where they can see my fingerprinting and FBI clearance or I have to go through these all over again.

Q2. How can I check answers for earlier questions on this forum
Q3. What is " LUD" and how do I check
Thanks a million

more questions.........

Thank you saras, we're trying to collect everything we need.

Somebody posted a thread and he's been told "the attorney cannot file until USCIS notifies them that I am eligible to file". Is something different now?

A couple more questions:

1) How long are the med exams valid for? I've found they're valid for a year, is that correct?

2) What about the new fees? When will these become current?