Current I-90 processing times

annaraka

Registered Users (C)
Does anyone know how long it is taking to receive the actual GC once biometrics are completed? I e-filed 01/26/09, have a biometrics appt. scheduled for 02/12/09, but I have to produce the originla SS card to my new job by Mar 22nd or I'm out of there... SSA won't issue me a card without the physical GC.

I went to an infopass appointment today and they would NOT provide me with any kind of evidence of PR unless I have a passport. He also told me that once I get my biometrics done next week, it will take "AT LEAST 6 months to a year" to get my GC, and he emphasized "AT LEAST" several times...

Any advice?

What do you have right now as evidence of permanent residence? Do you have anything, even if it is expired? Did you get a refugee travel document?

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you have right now as evidence of permanent residence? Do you have anything, even if it is expired? Did you get a refugee travel document?

heyy.. thanks for the response!!

i have absolutely nothing as evidence of PR. i have an expired refugee travel document (not reentry permit with PR status) which they wouldn't even accept. all i have is a copy of my GC. I dont have my national passport or anything that proves my residence other than the welcome letter (i received my gc only recently - august 2007, and lost it..), and the little letter in which the gc came... (i'm an idiot, i know...)

Well at my biometrics appointment they said it would be 3-6 months to receive the card so who knows what is correct.

thanks bshaw, let's see what they tell me on thursday... let me know when you get your gc. good luck.

Thanks you too I will post the info as soon as it arrives but I assume I still have a while to wait!

I have received an "Approval Notice" in the mail today. Very strange. My case is MSC, and I was told the card production would be completed at California Service Center.

The "approval notice" I received says: "Your application for a new permanent resident card is being processed. If approved, a new card will be mailed directly to you from our Immigration Card Facility. If you do not hear from us within 30 days of the date shown on this notice, call customer service center at...". No idea what this means, but there it is...

I got my replacement GC today. E-filed 01/26/09, biometrics 02/12/09, GC in mail 04/06/09. About 2.5 months total wait for a replacement of a lost GC. Just FYI.

Well I came here to post that we got an approval letter as well dated April 8th but unfortunatly we haven't seen the card yet but getting the approval letter is a big relief.

Card showed up on 4/20/09 so mine took a little longer after the approval letter but still not too bad! Thanks to everyone who helped with this

Card showed up on 4/20/09 so mine took a little longer after the approval letter but still not too bad! Thanks to everyone who helped with this

About how many months did it take you bshaw, i filed the i-90 on march 2nd got the notice around the end of march And im still waiting(note my replacement was due to the fact they made an error on my birthdate) about how much longer should i wait just curious?