current employment on I485 AND EAD

fitfat1947

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I will be applying very soon for my GC.
I will be doing AOS.

In the I485 and the EAD form, it asks me for current employer.

I came to US on B1 visa, as I am starting a business, in addition to my family business in my home country.

For the I485 and the EAD form,
is it ok to say I am currently employed by my familys firm in my home country ?

Just wanting to make sure it doesnt raise any eyebrows ?

Are you working for your family business in the US? If yes, that's illegal in B1 status.

If not, then you're not really employed by them now. You'll need to stay in the US at least until you get Advance Parole (2-3 months), and you need to also be in the US for fingerprinting and the interview. That's a lot longer than a vacation, so you're not currently employed by them and there is no need to list them as an employer.

Regarding the business you're starting (in the US?), that's also illegal in B1 status unless you're being a passive investor at this time.

What is the basis of your green card? Marriage to a US citizen? If not, you may have bigger problems.

My family business is not in the US. It is in my home country.
As far as starting a business in the US goes, it is just research and negotiations right now.
Am applying for a green card through a spouse.

You should not list any current employer since you are not working for them now and you will not work for them again for the next few months (if ever), but you should list your family's business as one of your past employers in the last 5 years on the G-325A.