Current 485 APPROVAL DATE

reddy007

Hi ,
I filed my 485 in FEB 2002,got finger prints in May 2003,what is last approval date going in TEXAS,
thanks for members..
reddy

Hi,
I am in the same situation. I filed my I-485 from K-1 visa back on Jan 13,2003 at the Houston office. received FP request on June 6, 2003. Really surprised about that. i know people that have file back in Oct of last year and still dont have any FP request.
Where did u file yours and was a marrriage bases I-485? thanks

Tru:
Are they planning to move the date from NOV 2000?. I guess nobody will ever forget this black date!.

Surya

I wish I was a committee member of TSC so that I can answer your question. I am as much in the dark as you. I have no clue as to when and if this date will progress.
May be folks in this forum know magicians/astrologers (of course TSC would defy even these folks) who can answer this question.

Tru:
Probably even TSC can't answer to this question.
I just posted a reply for your answer to the previous question about Nov 2000.

" reply
The current approval date for 485's is Nov 1, 2000.
This date has not moved since Nov of 2002."

Just keep hoping for good!.

Web of Penelope

Tru

Let me attempt to answer this question, through a Greek mythological character: Penelope, the wife of Ulysses. When Ulysses goes to fight in the Trojan ( this is different :D ) War, many guys come forward to usurp the beautiful Penelope. This lady was smart and was faithful to Ulysses. In order to ward off all those guys who wanted to marry her, she told them that they should wait until she finishes the web she was working on. Thinking that the web would soon be done, the guys wait. However, each night, Penelope would just undo the web she did during the day and start over all again. This way, she made those guys to wait for about 10 years, until Ulysses comes back from the war and kills them all.

Now, don't ask me if TSC's actions of approving EADs and APs in lieu of I-485 is akin to the Web of Penelope, and whether we have to wait for 10 more years, until some administration would do away with Green-Cards for immigrants altogether. However, the way TSC adjudicates stuff, is very similar to this Greek mythological instance.

And just as Penelope was stuck with the web, each night, these guys are stuck with November 2000.

"And just as Penelope was stuck with the web, each night, these guys are stuck with November 2000."

But "these guys are stuck with multiple EAD's , AP's and FP's in an infinite loop!".

NOV 2000

Like most of us, I was thinking about that day a lot (days and nights) and here is my theory:

Nov 2000 was 10 moths before tragic day 9/11. That was the day that Al- Qaeda terrorist team entered US for 9/11 mission. Since TSC already issued visa to 2 dead terrorists post-mortem. To show their diligence from that day on Nov 2000 will stay as long as Al-Qaeda is threat.
:)

calculations

Say it TSC gets ¼ of total 485’s their way, that would be roughly about 15,000 485’s per month. Say 10,000 are from employment categories and folks apply for EAD, AP renewals every year.

120,000 renewals per year x $240 application fees = Approx. 29 million (at least) easy money.
Since they are only renewals probably the adjudicators don’t have to scrutinize the heck out of the applications. Say it takes an average of 10 minutes to approve such applications. The 120,000 is a very conservative number since I don’t know how many people are applying from the past year, past two years etc.

It takes a staff of 13 people to adjudicate all these. Say if the salary is $60,000 per person (which is a high number). The payroll costs including overhead etc. say is 1 million.

The return on investment 29 million is huge compared to the 1 million investment. Good economics. Don’t you think?