Curious

Wendy-Margaret

Registered Users (C)
Can anyone tell me if sibling cases require an interview before obtaining either EAD or AOS for Green Card? So far we have reached the finger printing stage, just completed that on 7/28 so now we are waiting to see what's next. Any information would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
You'll get EAD and AP, then interview for actual GC. I NEVER heard about calling sibling to the interview to get EAD. :eek:

No interview for EAD but there will be an interview for the actual Green card. What you should expect next is your EAD in the mail. Then a letter for interview later.

All family based cases require personal interview to adjudicate the I-485 case and grant the actual green card.

What about the parents cases? There are plenty of those cases that got approved without any interviews.

I have done many cases of US citizens petitioning for parents and all have personal interviews. These cases are always adjudicated by the local disctrict office with jurisdiction over the place of residence, not by the service center. They are always required a personal interview.