Curious Newbie

canucker

Hi everyone!

I'm a new member to this site and just wanted to introduce myself and fill you in on my situation:

My boyfriend came to visit me in Vancouver in May 2004 and has been living with me since. He went home to Arizona for two weeks in September to pack up his stuff and take care of any records he needed for the PR process there. We were planning on applying as conjugal partners. In Jan 2005 he had his medical, and most of the paperwork and gathering of evidence was complete, ready for filing, when accidently I stumbled across some forums discussing the high refusal rate for conjugal applications. :eek: So okay, we discussed our options, and now have decided to apply as common-law partners from within Canada, but we have to wait until May of this year now to apply. We are submitted a visitor visa extension this week.

Now, we are worrying if some of the documents needed (and I realize some are different as we are applying from within Canada now) will expire, or if we will need to re-do any of them again (more $$$), like the medical. But we are willing to pay, and do whatever is necessary so that we may be together. All this PR stuff is stressful though!!

Anyways, sorry if I bored you with yet another PR story, but if I'm going to be posting on this forum, I figured some might be interested in my background, or not! ;)

If anybody has been through a similar situation, or has applied as common-law from within Canada, I'd be very interested to hear your timelines.

Thanks. :)