CSPA help please!

amirhossein.mo

Received NVC case number before I-130 approval ?

Hey there, So my aunt applied for my mom under f4 on Aug03,2009. And we have a letter from NVC stating our case number and... and that was received on Nov 17,2009. However, when I go to USCIS website our last receipt states that : Your petition for form I-130 was approved on May 23,2017. I’m confused cause I don’t know which date to use for calculating CSPA age.
So is it possible to receive NVC case number before approval?

Received NVC case number before I-130 approval ?

Hey there, So my aunt applied for my mom under f4 on Aug03,2009. And we have a letter from NVC stating our case number and... and that was received on Nov 17,2009. However, when I go to USCIS website our last receipt states that : Your petition for form I-130 was approved on May 23,2017. I’m confused cause I don’t know which date to use for calculating CSPA age.
So is it possible to receive NVC case number before approval?
The date used for CSPA calculation is the date a visa is available. This is the later of either approval, or your priority date being current. F4 is only current to 22 Oct 2006 (unless you are from India, Mexico, Philippines when it is even earlier), so you are still a few years away from being current/having a visa available and therefore from being able to calculate your CSPA age.

For clarification on the approval date to use, ask your petitioner what date is on the i797 approval notice.

I under s
The date used for CSPA calculation is the date a visa is available. This is the later of either approval, or your priority date being current. F4 is only current to 22 Oct 2006 (unless you are from India, Mexico, Philippines when it is even earlier), so you are still a few years away from being current/having a visa available and therefore from being able to calculate your CSPA age.

For clarification on the approval date to use, ask your petitioner what date is on the i797 approval notice.
I understand, All I'm asking is that, is it possible to be assigned a case number by nvc before petition approval?

I under s

I understand, All I'm asking is that, is it possible to be assigned a case number by nvc before petition approval?
The case only gets sent to NVC after approval. Hard to say what’s going on without seeing the actual letters (might have actually been the uscis receipt number for example) hence the direction to the actual i797 approval notice which is definitive.

The case only gets sent to NVC after approval. Hard to say what’s going on without seeing the actual letters (might have actually been the uscis receipt number for example) hence the direction to the actual i797 approval notice which is definitive.
The petitioner has not received any approval notice for the form I130. All we have in terms of approval of the I130 form is the online receipt that says it has been approved on may 23,2017:
On May 23, 2017, we approved your Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, Receipt Number WAC09******. We sent you an approval notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your approval notice by June 7, 2017, please go to. If you move, go to to give us your new mailing address.
but we received our NVC case number on November 17,2009
This is so confusing and it does not make any sense!
how can I have my NVC case number before my I130 approval?
When case becomes current should I use May 23,2017 as the date the petition was approved?

Well it certainly sounds like May 2017 was the approval notice date but it’s strange she doesn’t have it, the update even says they sent it. Suggest she follows the instructions on what to do if it was not received. What exactly did you get from NVC in 2009?

The CO will use what they have in the system as the approval date.

Well it certainly sounds like May 2017 was the approval notice date but it’s strange she doesn’t have it, the update even says they sent it. Suggest she follows the instructions on what to do if it was not received. What exactly did you get from NVC in 2009?

The CO will use what they have in the system as the approval date.
I got a letter from NVC stating my case number and basically saying that we should wait cause there is a limited number of visas available.
Like could there be an error in the uscis website or is that really unlikely?

I got a letter from NVC stating my case number and basically saying that we should wait cause there is a limited number of visas available.
Like could there be an error in the uscis website or is that really unlikely?
I don’t know, hence why again i suggest your petitioner gets a copy of the approval notice.