CSC vs NSC

MN-485

Registered Users (C)
CSC seems to be processing I-485 cases with RD of 12/2000. But NSC is still processing June 2000 cases. My assumption is that CSC has double the number of applications as that of NSC. So why is NSC so slow ???

No Title

But don\'t forget that California alone makes up about 12% of the country\'s population. Whereas, NSC is dealing with states such as North Dakota and Idaho, which probably have very few green card applicants.

Bottom line - California INS is doing something right and the other SC\'s really need to be asahmed of themselves for such a disparity in processing speed.

No Title

I am also confused about the CSC processing time in the www.immigration.com website. But looking at the approvals in the CSC 485 discussion board, the service center is consistent with 6 months processing time. Wish NSC could be like that too...

No Title

Hi all,
I am from Chicago but got the processing done through CSC. I never rally browsed through this site as I was always on the CSC one. So I could give you an idea about CSC processing times. Typically we are getting approvals 4 months after Notice Date. Mine was one of those unlucky cases that took around 6 months. I have a ND of jan 11 2001 ( RD of 12/19/00) and it got approved on June 25th. Most folks with my dates got their approvals during May. Many of the CSC folks with ND of Feb end have been approved. I haven\'t seen any March yet. Of course there are a few cases that are stuck in the 2000 dates and a few stray one in 98 and 99 but otherwise its pretty much on track and I can say that Feb 2001 guys are getting approved. I plan to go tomorrow for stamping. I was wondering at what time I should be getting there. Is the downtown office the only place we need to go to?