CSC new processing time released (JIT). I-485 processing date 04/01/01

Wow that is great.

All the pre-April pending cases can now legitimately fax inquiries.

Wonder when the date will move to 08.01.01,so I can fax my inquiry. Hopefully,I will get approved before that.

Soi

After RFE, got AVM approval in Jan, but no approval letter yet....anybody?

Hi,

Am getting anxious now. When I call the INS number, the recording says that my wife (dependent beneficiary) \'s I485 has been approved in Jan \'02 (this is after we sent in an RFE in Jun \'01. I got my approval letter in Jun \'01.). We have not received the I-485 approval letter for my wife yet (as of today April 13, \'02). I haven\'t gone for my passport stamping yet since I do not know what my wife\'s status will be if I get mine stamped (she is on H-4, I am on H-1).

When I called INS recently they said in about less than 1 sec. on finishing my question that they mailed the approval letter in Jan itself and I should go fight with my carrier (USPS in this case, since the approval letter is sent as first class mail). I said this may not lead me anywhere since there is no tracking of such letters, I was then told by the officer to file I-824 along with the $140 fees (more money in their pocket) to get a duplicate approval letter. I have no idea if and when I will ever receive even the duplicate copy if I file the I-824.

Please anybody/somebody out there, tell me your experience on this situation....
* Shoud I wait some more time for my wife\'s "original" approval letter to come in?
* Shoud I go ahead and file I-824 and keep all my fingers and toes crossed?
* Should I go ahead and get my passport stamped and tell them at the SF consulate that my wife\'s 485 has been approved (per the INS recording); will they stamp my wife\'s passport also?

I will much indebted to whoever sheds some light on my situation.

Thanks

Your Attorney should get one copy..right?

Try contacting your attorney.. If this does not work out.

I would advice you to file I-824 ASAP. I am pretty sure you will get soon this time. Sometimes it\'s all luck.
Also, I think you should go ahead and stamp your passport. Please do not rely on anybody else\'s experience, each person is different in INS hands. Just follow the rules and pray god.

Good Luck to you and your wife.

pranay..

I had a similar but different case.

My wife\'s AP was similarly lost in mail. It never came. I had to just re-apply for a new one.

I don\'t know

If anybody have tried to go to passport stamp without approval notice. My guess would be that if you go there properly documented, and with the pictures and your alien number, and explain the situation, perhaps one could get stamped. INS has your approval status in their system, so the approval notice is a bit redundant. Anyone has tried this?

I remember one person with the id of lapd who had gone to get stamping done at los angeles the next day when he heard the avm. He was told that the INS system was not updated but to come back after 3-4 working days. He did not post any messages after that. I assume that this person could try to approach INS with the following
a) Passport
b) two photos
c) EAD
d) AP

if he gets copy of approval notice from attorney he should take that also.

In other cases I remember people calling CSC at the regular number and the IIO said yes they have received the approval letter which was returned and the IIO confirmed the latest address and updated it in their system and sent another approval letter again.

Why has the individual not resorted to fax enquiry - does he/she not have a competent lawyer.

In case he/she does not have an attorney - he/she should try to do the fax enquiry method on his/her own

A person from my office who is on family based petition has done exactly the same. He did not get an approval notice and went in the wee hours in the morning to Los angeles INS downtown (2 am) and stood there and was told yes you have been approved and they stamped his passport. Of course it was worth it he says though it took 13 hours totally.

So - the individual has lots of options.

Check with your attorney

He should get a copy, and if not lawyer should fax an inquiry to CSC. i have heard that cSC responds much better to inquiries.
Part of their Perestroika.

soi

b-bad,

Although it is a very happy news that CSC processing dates have moved, it makes me wonder if this really true.. I dont see this update on any other immigration site. Could it be a Print Mistake or something like that..?

Wonder why all sites have not upated their data

Usually, within couple of days, everyone updates the data.

soi

Now almost all sites I know are updated

Looks like b_bad\'s site is really faster than the rest..
Thanks b_bad for the info.

I hope CSC moves forward and crosses july because I am an July Waiter

I am a July waiter too

Hope we do not have to wait for the JIT report to be current and get our approval before that, like so many other lucky guys.

soi

I think the Date means that ..

.. CSC has processed all the cases that are prior to that date. So you do not have to worry.. You may wait for a week and start sending Level 1 Enquiry to INS through your Lawyer. If the enquiry is Level 1 then INS has to respond within 14 days.

Today I called IIO again about my case.

Today this IIO was not nice at all. I asked him the status on my FP. After asking for my case #, at first he told me my FP was not completed, INS even didn\'t receive it. Then, I replied to him that last time when I called one IIO, I was told that INS did get my FP from FBI. Then, this IIO was a little angry at me, saying why I don\'t ask my lawyer to inqure INS, I told him orginal lawyer was not my
lawyer anymore. Then, he thought I told a lie to him, asking me to send fax to INS stating that I changed lawyer.

By these conversations, I can see that this IIO didn\'t check my case status from computer at call. After getting my case #, just
answered to me that my FP is not received yet. And once his words contradicted with what other IIO said, he was a little angray and not patient.

From this story, we can see some IIOs are not nice at all, sometimes they are lying. But the IIO\'s that I contacted before were very nice.

Anyway, just now I found that CSC I-485 processing time went ahead for 4 months at 04/01/01. That is a good news.
I don\'t think it will take too long to handle my case now. RD and ND for my I-485 are 04/03/01 and 04/24/01.

Hopefully, all of us will be very lucky to get our cases approved. God bless us.