CSC Liaison Meeting Summary For August 27, 2003 (09-16-2003)

lcauser

Registered Users (C)
CSC Liaison Meeting Summary For August 27, 2003 (09-16-2003)

Adjudication Priorities

The priority for adjudications until September 30, 2003 is that of religious worker cases. It is anticipated that in October 2003, the adjudication of adjustment applications (I-485s) will resume at a faster pace (perhaps double). It is also expected that in October the adjudication of Employment Authorization Applications (I-765) and Advance Parole Applications (I-131) filed concurrently with I-140/I-485s will be faster, so that eventually these applications will be adjudicated within 45 days.. By the end of September 2003, it is hoped that H-1B visa petitions, except for extensions, will be processed within 90 days. H-1B visa extensions should be adjudicated within 4.5 months and eventually by the end of this calendar year - 90 days. However, the processing time for Immigrant Visa Petitions (I-140) will be delayed.

Adjustment Applications (I-485)

These types of cases, as mentioned above, are not a priority at this time. The JIT Report Processing Date will soon reflect a change from November 16, 2001 to December 16, 2001. Although it appeared that I-485s have not been adjudicated, the following statistics were provided as to the number of cases completed:

May 2,943

June 3,178

July 2,472

When normal resources are allocated to the adjudication of these cases, it was indicated that 4500 to 5000 cases are completed on a monthly basis.

Extensions of EADs and APs

The Service Center confirmed that when an Application for Extension of Advance Parole and/or Employment Authorization is adjudicated, the effective date will be the date of adjudication and not the date when the previous document expired or was to expire.

Oct? Don't forget the annually auditing

They will start their annually auditing next month. So there are only two weeks working for their normal work. For Jan, 02 case, I won't expect any approval until end of this year.

02081$$$$$

They have been putting those reports out for as long as I have been on this board. Never seen any movement that would reflect that activity!

Expected a huge number of cases to be cleared when they hired 7 new IIO's! Another huge disapointment. I would rather they not put any news out instead of bringing up hopes and then shooting it down!

So much speculation and pessimism. Any one wanna start a futures market on 485 approval? Kind of like the Pentagon thinking of starting a futures market for terrorist attacks.

Come on,
Lewslaw has being putting it up for a year now, that 1-485 is not going to be priority.

There is some reason to believe, what she puts up now would be correct. Just hope for the best and wait for october to arrive. Also give a couple of weeks into october to see something comming. Things won't start happeing day1 in october.

Somehow, Ihave this feeling that good things are going to happen :).

Further, if they haven't done anything during the last year, what do they have to audit about :).

Originally posted by lcauser

May 2,943

June 3,178

July 2,472

these figures are roughly 10 times higher than what is reported online and monitored by project kashmir.

Why?

(1) figures include other completed cases besides of 485
(2) not everything is accessible online
(3) they include cases from local offices
(4) there is much more older backlog cases (not monitored by kashmir) which they are working on right now
(5) ???

to good to be true cause thats what they said last august . and after one year its same.

jitte de khoti oothe aan khaloti.....( donkey is back at same place from where it started)

Originally posted by MygcWaiter
Come on,
Lewslaw has being putting it up for a year now, that 1-485 is not going to be priority.

There is some reason to believe, what she puts up now would be correct. Just hope for the best and wait for october to arrive. Also give a couple of weeks into october to see something comming. Things won't start happeing day1 in october.

Don't know how long you have been waiting but in all my time, I have read news like this numerous times and have never seen it come true!

Not to say I won't be celebrating if it comes true, but I will be sceptical until I see the approvals. If you believe in this more power to you!

remember super seven (or was it famous seven) back in may...?

I'll believe all this when I see it happen.

- godot.