CSC jumped 45 days in 19 days....???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al_aos

Registered Users (C)
Is this for real....or is there some guy sitting there and thinking....umm lets see if I like 15 june .yeah thts the date ......

Checked out the USCIS web-site. A false alarm. The date still shows up as May 15.

<https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=California>

Al_aos said:
The Uscis website ....CSC updated on June 23rd. last updated date was june 4th

My apologies.atypo error ..instead of June 15th it is 15may. But it has still jumped 45 days....last dat if I remeber was 01april on june 4th....

I think we are too harsh sometimes on the USCIS. I agree that there are quite a few people waiting for approvals from early 2002, however, the CSC at least has made considerable inroads into approving cases at a much faster rate. The amount of checks and balances required for each case is a lot, so there is a real possibility that some cases take longer than others.

I don't like the waits any more than the next guy, but you know what, waiting a few months more for our approvals is anyday better than the USCIS doing a bad job of security checks and letting some unwanted elements slip through the cracks!

Lets give credit to the CIS and CSC in particular when its due. How many of you would actually want to be in any other service center right now?? I think the CSC is consistently approving cases from mar/april whereas the other centers are not.

I think immigrants play a very important role in this country, but our road to becoming a part of this country has always been hard and I think it always will. Half the world would willingly give up their current life for a chance to be living here and we are lucky that we are atleast better off then most others. There are some extenuating circumstances, but most of us have pretty good jobs and lead a not so bad life here. Let us put the wait in perspective people.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Hokie,

Donot blame all delays on security. What do you think, all the people waiting here have common names of terrorists! While I donot disagree that USCIS is working faster than it used to be, I would say they better do it now than later!
And the whole point is - Instead of keep approving 5-10% of people in each month to progrss JIT, they should approve all the people who donot need RFE, for a given month, then issue RFEs for the people who need it, issue security checks in the same month and then process them, before going forward.

If you think they are being efficient by approving next month's case, before they can work on RFE, you are wrong!. There are thousands of applications, whose FP expired and haven't received RFE for previous months. Its not that they sent 2nd FPs for everybody and issued RFEs for everybody and are working on cases of next month instead of waiting for the RFE responses..

The perennial debate on whether INS is a good agency or bad will go on forever. :)

But I hate it when people credit security checks for the delays. It always sounds so fake and dumb. Do you think that security checks should take this long other than in an emergency? Do you like the idea that potential terrorists are roaming around the country while INS gets its act together? Hence I don't believe that increasing backlogs on the pretext of security threats is a viable or acceptable answer. Lack of money or manpower are both acceptable not excusable but acceptable. But security NEVER!

As far as the JIT is concerned. I would definitely like to see FIFO, seems kind of dumb when so many people are not being approved inspite of having all the right credentials. What is the point in moving the JIT so rapidly before taking care of the people left behind? That will just lead to bad blood and additional pain for people who have been tortured enough.

Having said all that, I have to say, CSC is moving pretty darn fast, and hopefully can sustain this pace for some time. That is the only way they can reduce backlogs and we, see approvals in the near future.

We might hate a lot of things with a lot of government agencies, but that does not make our position correct and the government's position wrong.

Anytime we deal with government bureaucracy, there is bound to be some amount of variability in quality of service. The idea that JIT only move when all the cases filed at a certain date have been adjudicated is absurd! For whatever reason, some cases take longer than others. A lot of it probably is because of security checks. Doing a security check is not as simple as checking the name of some person against a list of names. They ask for a lot of biographical information from each person and granted, they don't go and validate each and every piece of information we provide, but they do have to do a more thorough check than just a name cross-check. If name-check is all they did, every terrorist would then just pick a common sounding name like John or Bob and get away with it. The trick is to try and outsmart people that want to do harm to this country and yes, there is a price to pay for it!

Bottom line is that when the CIS was not approving any applications at all for more than 15 months, that seemed beyond the realm of reason. But now when they are doing much better than before lets not behave like little kids who didn't get picked for the team, let us be a little more patient.

For whatever reason, this country does need the services of immigrants to grow, but, in this case the supply far exceeds the demand. There needs to be a complete overhaul of the immigration system in this country not just backlog reduction. Until this happens we will always be in limbo for elongated periods of time without any real rights in the US.

A lot of us have called our Senators/Congrepeople about assisting us in our individual cases, how many of us have actually told them that the current system in unfair to the thousands if not millions who want to come here legally? Once we get our case approved we are happy and go on living and if we feel a little more benevolent we continue fighting for backlog reduction. Let us instead fight for immigration reform as a goal and backlog reduction as a secondary goal!!

This forum is the voice of thousands of immigrants, a majority of whom are employment based candidates who contribute a significant amount to the country's growth. Let us all demand to be heard not just for our selfish reasons but to actually improve life for millions of immigrants to come!

I don't want to get in an elongated debate with the members of this forum. I don't mean to antagonize anyone here, because I do understand the frustration that in involved in this wait, although since I am a WAC03118 it is not to the extent of most here, but I guess from my point of view I want to fight injustice but I also want to be reasonable about what I am getting in return!

I agree with mango_pickle, what is the point moving the JIT when there are others within the JIT dates which INS thinks, isn't the right time to approve. Atleast let those people know, generate an RFE or something so that they know why its taking so long for them.

>>>CSC jumped 45 days in 19 days....???

That's right; it "jumped" 45 days. It hasn't cleared the backlog of 45 days.

While the pace of approvals has certainly improved, it is not good enough to meet their stated goals.

hokie,
Are you trying to make a point about something? If you are satisfied with CIS's "service" you are welcome to your opinion. You should also consider the fact that this is forum is for "issues in CSC" and people will articulate whatever in their opinion are "issues".

Regarding JIT movement, can you show me a published measurable criterion for moving JIT? If the answer is no, then you have the answer to your question right there. Giving vague explanations for why JIT has been moved doesn't cut it.

Security checks - Are you saying that it is OK for security checks to be delayed and let a potential terrorist loose on the nation for years? Isn't the whole point of security check to prevent such security threats in time?

Improved, yes. Doing their best? Not even close

That's why we are here, to chanel our frustration into something positive, and clear the mys and confusion some peole might naively have.

First of all, from the stats some guru here run, most of the cases, 90%+, that past due are NOT holding up by security check or whatever excuse they use, it is on the SHELF of CSC, they are THE one and only bottle neck.

While they can pick up and adjudicate a overdue case, they choose to adjuicate a newer case, so JIT can move faster, and make their boss happy, so they can fool politicans and their boss' boss.

It maybe acceptable that some overdue case not being adjudicated yet, due to hold up from other agency, but it is certainly NOT if they are not even being processed and simply sitting in the basement.

We have frustrations, tons of them. But we must not lose our common sense: CSC is doing their best, it is also the best of all centers.

Or, you want to transfer to VSC, TSC :)

I do not think the 90% not touched is accurate from the employment-based viewpoint. Otherwise, CSC will be flooded by fax inquiries.

I understand many people are left out while late applicants got approvals. but it is more to blame the IIO your cased was assigned to, rather than the backlog reduction effort from CSC. It appears different chunks of files are allocated to different IIOs, somebody might get misplaced, or pending on some whoknows check, but the main stream is going to the right direction.

Folks, rewind once

If you remember well, CSC moved JIT date forward with the speed of bullet in 2001 & 2002. In fact I485 date moved by one year (yes, one year) in one shot from 2000 to 2001. May be somewhere around 6-9 months later, CSC started concentrating only on backlogs with almost no movement in JIT. I believe the samething is happening now. May be 6 months from now, CSC will stop moving JIT and start processing all the previous applications. Sure we will see people applied far behind us getting approved, but was life ever fair?.

Two of my colleagues applied for 485, one in Nov 2001 and another in Dec 2001. First one got his GC in Nov 2002 whereas the other got in Dec 2003.
I too believe that America should lead by example, but due to INS we feel that America is not much different from India.

WAC-02-134-xxxxx
LUD 06/18 (for address change sent two weeks before that)

I am sure many of us here can name a few things CSC can improve

First sorry for sounded offensive earlier...

CSC IS already flooded with fax inquries, that's why many of them don't even get answered. 90% are holding up b/c of CSC, not necessarify untouched; say out of 100 pending 485 cases, maybe 10 showing RFE issued or FP notice sent; the rest are in the limbo of waiting for further adjuditcating, like FP received (1st or 2nd), including FP expired, RFE received, or untouched etc. All these cases are sitting somewhere in CSC, if not basement, some dusted shelf who knows where.

I can understand newer filers want JIT to move as fast as possible, I've been there too. But just look at where I am now, where more than half of the people still are. Yes you might get lucky, but on the other hand you might not.

They can do much better than now, not extended hours, but better resource management, how about assign the customer service center employees that simply recite the online status to me after 30 minutes waiting on phone to issuing FP notice?

How about approve a case that meet the law without unnecessary hassle of RFE?

I like the suggestions in AILA testimony too:
http://www.aila.org/fileViewer.aspx?docID=13346

digdugxy said:
Or, you want to transfer to VSC, TSC :)
I understand many people are left out while late applicants got approvals. but it is more to blame the IIO your cased was assigned to, rather than the backlog reduction effort from CSC. It appears different chunks of files are allocated to different IIOs, somebody might get misplaced, or pending on some whoknows check, but the main stream is going to the right direction.
Why would you compare CSC against the worst of the lot? I don't think it is productive at all. It is like you son telling you he failed in two subjects but asking you not to get mad since the kid next door flunked eight!

There are problems in the system and that is what needs to be fixed not comparissions between out situation and that of people in other service centers.

As far as the comment about blame the IIO, you gotto be joking. There is no change in LUD for a majority of the cases, which means no IIO even has your case. I remember a long time ago, someone had posted how when your cases falls near the JIT they move your files from the warehouse to the office file system, after which they are allocated. These files haven't even been looked at while files from all over the place are being approved.

Not asking you to jump up and down on CSC's back, but understand that they are still not doing their job efficiently enough to aleiviate the pain and suffering that they have caused. And after waiting upwards of 20 months I have NO patience to deal with bullshit, from INS or other portal members. So I just don't buy any of these theories about how cases are different and each one takes its own time to process. If that is the case then there is something wrong with the criteria.

<<<< And after waiting upwards of 20 months I have NO patience to deal with bullshit, from INS or other portal members. >>>

140_takes_4ever:
It appears you really lost patience, along with your decency. Get educated, this is no point to argue with you further.

Twist

Get used to taking bullshit buddy, cause nothing in life comes easy!!!!

If you don't like to listen to another opinion, maybe you should reconsider your decision about coming to a democracy where everyone has a right to be heard. There are several countries where dissent isn't tolerated and I am sure you will fit right in.

Enough childishness; until 140 got his pan^&# in a twist we were only having a civil exchange of opinion. Lets not lose our self-esteem over the wait. Let us at least be decent human beings through all this...

Peace!

Status
Not open for further replies.