CSC I-485 **Approvals** in August 2004.

WAC-03-262-5XXXXX Approved !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are the details

EB2
PD : Aug 06, 2001
Labor Approved:July, 2003

I-140/I-485 : Sep 17, 2003
Concurrent

I-140 Approved : Jan 27, 2004
I guess, response to RFE triggered the approval .

Finger Print : Apr 17, 2004

I-485 approved : Aug 04, 2004

LUD: 4/17-->7/12-->8/4(Approved)
Recd approval emails from USCIS on 8/5...

Wish you all the very best ..

Regards
DJay

WAC03158XXXXX Approved - April 2003
EB2- Non-concurrent
LC applied PD July 2001
LC approved Sep 2002
I-140 applied Oct2002
I-140 Approved March 2003

485 Applied april 25th 2003
FP: March 17th

Fax inquiry sent June 25th 2003
LUD 7/02 ??
LUD 8/10 Approved.

Took 3 years for the whole process. Still wifey not approved.

August 2004 - 485 approval

Got approval (self & wife) on 08/06/04 via e-mail. To receive the formal approval notices via mail.

details are
EB2 RIR
WAC-03-018-5xxxx
PD Oct 22, 2002
2nd fp completed on 07/20/04
No rfe
485 approved on 08/06/04.

LA Waiter Approved

Status changed online today.
Approved for both myself and wife: WAC 02-205 and WAC 02-248

EB2
RD/ND: Mid June, 2002
FP1: July 2002
FP2: July 23, 2004 (Buena Park)

Wife applied later:
WAC-02-248
RD/ND: Mid August, 2002
FP1: September 2002
FP2: July 23, 2004 (Buena Park)

LUD Changes: July 29: FP Received -> August 10: Approved

Last edited by a moderator:
Approval

Bit of a jammy ride but approved August 6th. Became an expert in AC21 law but never used it in the end...

WAC03029
EB1 (L1A)
Joined American parent company 11/01
Applied I140 2/02
Approved I140 6/02
Applied I485 10/02 - bit lazy to do the paperwork timely. Would have only made a few days difference!
FP1 12/02
Outsourced 11/03 - decided not to invoke AC21 as I reckoned I had a couple of years to go at that time.
Approved 2nd EADs and APs 2/04
Resigned from outsourcing company 2/04 - it was a rubbish job
Worked for friend for free for 6 months
FP2 07/04
Approved 8/6/04
Rejoined American parent company 8/9/04 - excellent timing!

#25, 140_takes_4ever, *** Approved 140_takes_4ever WAC030015XXXX ***

I remember reading about this once, that the light at the end of the tunnel is not a train. Apparently it is, the train to freedom. Freedom from the clutches of INS. After a journey starting on May 11th, 2001 and coming to a close on Aug 11th, 2001, 39 months after its start, I think I grown little wiser, a lot older, and very cynical. The strongest feeling I currently possess is one where I feel I was robbed off my productive time and opportunities. I was kept captive by this screwed up system and made to pay the price for my greed.

My first thought after getting the approval emails was "okay cool", amazing that after waiting for so long, and being so passionate about this issue, it doesn't even rate a scream of joy. And then I was sad for all the time and opportunities lost. The news having sunk in a little spoke to my wife and dashed of a few emails to some people like Kashmir, rk4gc, warrior, etc. (who have become close friends over the course of the fight for backlog reduction). Then I got right back to work. Amazing, I had imagined the whole process to play out so differently. I guess I am a little wiser now and my priorities have changed.

I feel terrible for all the people with RD's before mine, waiting patiently for their turn while young whipper snappers after 4 months of waiting claim their "long" journey has come to an end. I feel like I have jumped the queue and to make amends for this, I will not stop fighting this fight against backlog reduction until there is justice for all. I would like to wish people like sfbay_area_guy and ruxrux all the luck possible, their wait times are ridiculous.

Here are a few conclusions that I would like to summarize from my experiences so far:
1. The campaigns we worked on did make a difference. Though people make claim INS works in cycles, I believe our strong efforts pushed the cycle to happen earlier than later. So do contribute your time and energy in making it even more successful.
2. Always send faxes, take nothing sitting down. You need to make INS aware of your plight. Despite the apparent lack of action you might perceive at times, your faxes do make a difference. (My 2FP I believe was as a result of the fax I sent)
3. LUD's and touch dates are a joke. It is best to stay away from that addiction. I am happy to say I checked my case status only once a week, if that.
4. ALWAYS, ALWAYS update the various trackers floating around. Those are the best source of information on how INS functions. Remember how useful it is to you when you are looking for information? So when there are updates in your case status, update the trackers so others can benefit from your experience.
5. The key for most people waiting forever should be 2FP. That is what triggers off early approvals. In my case it was 12 days since FP results received and 18 days since FP given. So try to get your 2FP notice if your FP has expired, by any means necessary.
6. ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS go for early FP. My 2FP was scheduled for 9/1/2004, and here I am sitting with my approval almost 20 days prior to that date. There is no percentage in waiting for the FP date shown on your notice.

Details on my case history:
WAC: 030015XXXX
RD: 09/25/2002
ND: 10/01/2002
FP: 11/06/2002
2FP: 07/24/2004
Processing resumed: 07/30/2004
AD: 08/11/2004
Touch dates: 6/20/2004 - 7/30/2004 - 8/12/2004
Faxes sent: 05/10/2004 & 06/17/2004

No RFE, No AC21, haven't changed my job since I got out of school, status in the country has been very clean. F1 - H1 - GC.
Applied for a H1 renewal this year.
Work for a large software company. Regular career progression, with growth in salary and I have always made more than my LC salary.

With that comes to an end my wait for the AOS. I am not so concerned about the stamping or the plastic card, don't plan to leave the country for a while, so the wait shouldn't be a problem. Off course I will be participating in all the campaigns that come up. Most of the active activists have my email address and/or my phone numbers, so are welcome to ping me if you think I am being lazy. I will answer all pm's, questions anyone might have regarding my case or any topic I have some knowledge about.

As an end to this long post, I would like to thank the usual suspects, a few of whom are Rajiv Khanna, dsatish, edison, PCee, kashmir, bitterman, rk4gc, niladri and a lot of other people whose names might not be listed, but you know who you are, who have worked hard on the behalf of the immigrant community and taught me a lot of what I know about immigration matters. Also people like gopher, Parlay, desi-bartender, etc. who contribute in so many different ways, they always kept the spirit of this forum high. You guys are responsible for making the 485 CSC forum the community it has become not to mention the best source of information for a prospective applicant.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=138843

WAC-03-248-***** approved.

2 cases approved on 8/2/2004. [WAC-03-248-***** ]
485 application: September 2003
First finger print: March 2004

Feb 2002 case (wac-02113-5xxxx) approved

No RFE
ND 02/15/2002
1 FP - april 2002
3 EADs
Few days after CSC processing date moved to 03/15/2002 (30 days from my ND) called CSC asked to verify that my adress change is updated in my file and for my I-485 in particular and made an inquiry regarding the status of the case. It was 06/07/04. Followed somebody's advice not to slowdown CSC with unnecessary multiple requests and tried to be patient while waiting. They've said that in 30 days I'll get smth. in the mail. In 37-th day got letters saying "pls allow us up to 60 days to reschedule FP". About a week later got FP appoinment letter for late August. On Sat. afternoon, 07/24/04 went for early FP. They may allow early FP if there is not much of people waiting and if you have not more than 1 month left before the real date. On 7/31/04 online msg updated to "FP received". On 08/09/04 "last updated date changed" but msg left the same. On 8/10/04 msg changed to approved. Few days later got appr. letter in the mail.

Long wait is over. Thanks to all of you guys who posted encouraging messages here in the forum. Wish you all good luck. CSC is really speeding up.

Approved... WAC-03-001-5XXXX

Got approval notice by mail today. The status on the website is still "fingerprints received...". Got third EAD today as well! :)

Case Details:

WAC030015XXXX

Priority Date: July 27, 1999 (Changed employer after first I-140 approval, started the whole process again!)

RD: 9/26/2002
ND: 10/1//2002
2nd FP: Beginning of Aug.
Processing resumed Aug 12 (according to website),
Approval Date: Aug 11. 2004 (Hmm!)

No RFE, No AC21. Changed jobs around 7 months after filing for I485.

I would strognly advice getting fingerprinting done before scheduled date. Just before closing time, the service centers are totally empty.

This website has been enormously helpful throught this long and painful wait. The wait was so unnerving that I still feel numb after getting the approval, hasn't sunk in yet.

I would like to thank Rajiv Khanna, PCee, kashmir, SillyMan, 140_takes_4ever. Especially to desi_bartender, who happened to be a friend. :)

I am going to contribute to the ImmigrationPortal and would strongly recommend everyone else.

wac-03-106-5XXXX Approved

Approved on August 13th. Went for early 2nd FP (Aug 4th instead of Sep 1st).

Thanks to everyone on this great forum for making the wait bearable!

My case details:

AC-21 case; Letter submitted by new employer;
Received a completely unrelated RFE:
Proof of Legal Status from 1998-2000; Updated biographical information; copies of all I-94s including port of entry, date of entry and duration of stay; copies of all pages in the passport

RFE issue date : 07/02/04
RFE response receipt date : 07/19/04 (LUD 07/20/04)
WAC# (first 5 digits): wac-03-106-5XXXX (EB1-OR, non-concurrent)
ND: Feb 2003
1st FP April 2003
2nd FP : None
2EADS, 2APS

wac-02-234-5XXXX Approved

Approved on August 16th. Went for early 2nd FP (July 16th instead of July 31st).

Thanks to everyone on this great forum for making the wait bearable!

My case details:

WAC# (first 5 digits): wac-02-234-5XXXX (EB1-OR, non-concurrent)
ND: July 2002
1st FP Sep 2002
2nd FP : July 2004
3EADS
LUD - 9/17/02 (1st FP) - 8/16/04 (Case Approved)

Long wait is over. Thanks to all of you guys who posted encouraging messages here in the forum. Wish you all good luck. CSC is really speeding up.

this_processing_killsMe - Bang! Bang! My baby shot me down (Approved!)

Everyone,

Got the mail from USCIS-CSSO that my case has been finally approved on Aug 16th.

A heartiest thanks to everyone on this board for sticking around and providing updates on their cases. I stopped posting for a while (for a year or so, I think) during this long haul, after having submitted myself to the mercy of INS, but I am glad that this process is over.

485 process began in Mar 2002. I had to push the attorney to file it in the first place (they were sitting on it for a while). First FP took longer than everyone else to arrive (finished in Oct 2002). I remember sending in lot of faxes for that darn notice to materialize. Then as my bad luck would have had it, the freaking JIT dates slowed down to a drag. I stopped caring for a year or so. I started caring only after the date moved beyond my Notice Date. Once again, the all-so-important 2nd FP notice eluded me. I had to send faxes again to get my 2nd FP. USCIS got my 2nd FP on July 20th. The LUD was stuck at 7/20 (until today). So, I started faxing again last week to get someone's attention to take some action on the damn case. And, lo and behold! I have two mails sitting in my yahoo account this morning telling me the good news.

Takeaways:

1. Fax, fax, fax those reminders away! -- You create enough noise, somone will listen!! And yeah, you can fax the same freaking reminder more than once a day. No one is going to kill you for that. I, for one, didn't send any mails to the senators (or the like). But I wouldn't discourage anyone from sending such emails. The key is to get INS's attention -- the means that you choose should be effective.

2. Go in for early FP and make sure you get it done -- If you are turned away, keep showing your face every 2-3 days, until you get the FP done.

3. Become an immigration expert -- Remember that you, and only you, have the burden of following up on your case. Don't lay eggs along with the INS and/or with your lawyer. Be on top of the processing dates, FP expiration, EAD/AP expiration and renewal, immunizations, RFE responses, and making sure that you can furnish all the necessary papers whenever the need arises.

4. NEVER cause delay from your end, if it can be avoided -- For instance, don't postpone your FP date; be prompt in replying to the RFE. You never know when INS decided to take a long breather again before processing further.

5. Calling doesn't help -- you wait long to talk to someone who can't speak English properly, and then pretty much gives redundant info. This is, unfortunately, an all too common exercise in futility.

Okay, enough sermoning.

I wish everyone the best on this board, especially the ones who filed their cases before mine and still haven't received their approvals. My advice to such folks is that they should spend a little (and not a whole lot) of their energies in following up with their cases.

Signing off for now (I am leaving for India next week), with the following words that complete the song:

Bang, bang.. they shot me down
Bang, bang.. I hit the ground
Bang, bang.. that awful sound
Bang, bang.. BCIS shot me down!

finally killed!!

_this_processing_killsMe

********Pinnacle_man approved********

Friends, Fellow forum members and Aspirants,
Today I happy to share the news that both my Spouse(Primary) and myself(Dependant) are approved.

I believe my fax (I sent yesterday) helped and I also came to identify a possible "case status not found" reason.

I will shortly explain all these and post here.

For now, I want to thank 140_takes_4ever, Kashmir and Mr.Rajiv Khana.

I want thank every Volunteer who have helped and are helping to generate the scanned data.

PS: I will post all the required details very shortly.

Thanks a lot,

Pinnacle_Man

1st FP Nov 5th 2002
2nd FP July 24th 2004

***WAC030075****Approved.

My case has been approved on Aug. 11, 2004. Yesterday, I received my approval letter and of my family’s through mail. My details

Non-concurrent EB2-RIR California (Residing in Oregon)
Labor filed on Jun. 18, 2001
approved on Jul. 18, 2002
I-140 filed on Jul 25, 2004
approved (sometime in Sep. 2002)
I-485 - RD (Oct. 7, 2002)
ND (Oct. 9, 2002)
1stFP - Scheduled & done (Nov. 20, 2002)
Received by INS (Dec. 11, 2002) and message changed
2ndFP - Scheduled (Aug. 08, 2004)
- Done (Jul. 29, 2004)
- Received by INS (Aug. 5, 2004)
LUD - Aug 6, 7, 9, 12

Working with the same big company after filing labor, No RFE

I waited almost 3 years and 2 months and finally I was relaxed to see the approvals in the mail. On the one hand I am free from the frustration and happy to see the approvals, but on the other hand I am sad to see so many WAC01/02 cases waiting for approvals. My sympathy is with the people whose wait time is more than me (WAC01/02 cases) and I wish them good luck.

First of all I would like to thank Rajiv to host such an important portal and to fight for immigrants' cause.

This is a wonderful forum and contribution by volunteers is phenomenal. Everybody is wonderful here and especially senior members like I-140, Silly Man, Kashmir, PCee, Cinta, dSatish, Edison and rk4GC. I would like to thank every member of this forum. My special thanks goes towards sense of humor of Silly Man and I-140, sincerity and hardworking of Kashmir and Cinta, invaluable contribution of PCee, dSatish, Edison and rk4GC.

I was a frequent visitor of this forum during my labor and I-140 process and
I am a regular visitor of the forum since filing of my I-485, but I am not a regular writer. Before I-485 (during Labor and I-140), predictions from this forum were not very accurate. I always got my approvals before the anticipated date, however I-485 predictions are accurate. I participated in almost all of the campaigns except few (which I think I was not eligible at particular point of time).

I believe in Geeta and I always thought "Yada Yada Hi Dharmasay Glanirbhavati Bahrat..." when I-485 approval was taking too much of time. I believe lawsuit filed by Rajiv and his team acted as "Krishna". I am sure that recent approvals are the direct result of the lawsuit.

As an end to the post, I am sure everybody will get his approval soon. The process has already started. This time INS seems to be serious.

rajniksharma - Approved Finally :)

Just recieved my approval emails..

EB2
RD Aug-02
2nd FP 05/04
Rfe issued 07/10/04 ( Medial Supplement Form, copy of valid ID)

Rfe reply received on 08/09 ( message changed to .... "It is taking between 570 and 600 days for us to process this kind of case" ....)

LUD 08/09 , 08/10 , 08/11

AD 08/16 ( Got approval email ard 4:45 )
3 EAD's, 3 AP's

To all those still waiting, hang in there. Good luck to all.

DesiHero (WAC-02-095-XXXXX) - Approved!

WAC-02-095-XXXXX

RD: 01/25/2002
1st FP: 04/19/2002
RFE: 10/11/2003
2nd FP: 07/16/2004

Approval notices received on: 08/16/2004

Thanks to all for your support and advice on this portal. Good luck.

Missing case came back approved - rkumar1

guys my missing case came back approved.. a long wait is over.. still need to go for stamping...

RD : Feb 28 2002
2nd FP : July 22nd
2nd FP received : July 29th..
Aug 13th 2004 per the online message..

CoolRaj_03 (WAC-02-156-XXXXX) - Approved !!! Whoo hooo .....

Just checked my online status on the USCIS web site. It says that our 485 journey is over ! Well almost :)

Case details RD April 2002

Third FP [They lost the second FP and I had to get the third one done]:
first week of May 2004

RFE:[693 supplement and BC]
RFE response rcvd by INS July 20th

Approved: August 11th

I have been a ardent reader of this forum for the major part and a occasional contributor but this forum has been phenomenal for all the issues pertaining to immigration that I needed info at various times. I think the greatest strength of this forum is the zeal of its members for helping each other. Pralay, GoodSaint, I140.....,Mano_pickle ... carry the good job on ....

A special thanks to Mr. Rajiv for providing such a wonderful forum for members to share their experience.

I am not saying a good-bye yet, as I hope to linger on, in whatever useful capacity :)

And finally, wish you all a speedy approval.

Regards,

CoolRaj