CSC EB-1 OR/EA/NIW I-140 Tracker

NIWcon485: Please confirm - your NIW was approved ONLY 3 days after INS received your response to RFE?!?

Also, please share some details on your case - how much detail/additional info did your RFE ask for??

I have currently filed for NIW - RD 12/10/02 ND 12/12/02. RFE date 01/28/03. The RFE was a MONSTER!! They basically threw the kitchen sink at me - even though all the points they listed had been thoroughly addressed in my initial application. Anyways, I am just about to send off the response to the RFE (probably today or tommorow). Any info you can share would be very helpful.

EB1(b) (OR) was denied.

Eb1(b) denied.

After long period of pending, my I-140 EB1(b) (OR ) was denied.

About myself: PH.D degree from US top (5) universities with ~15 publications (~10 are first author).

I only claimed authorship and citations. INS just claimed that I am not qualified for any of them.

I am so frustrated and don't know what to say. Just want to post the information here to let people know what might be going on in CSC center at this special time.

You seem to be well qualified. Can you tell more on why INS denied? When you filed? Have you ever received RFE? Thx.

TO: rockstone

Hi, rockstone,

Sorry for late reply. I filed on Last August; Received and replied RFE on November; Denied on April.

Reason for denial: I do not meet (or not enough evidence for) any of the six criteria.

I-140 EA Denial

Hi All,

Just wanted to post that my I-140 was denied by CSC on March 6th.
ND July 12th, 2002.
RFE generated on Oct 31st, 2002.
Response received by INS on Jan 27th, 2003.
Denied on Jan 29th but was posted on March 6th.

One major mistake that my attorney did was file in the category of Extraordinary Ability even though we had agreed on Outstanding Reseracher catergory. We found out about it when we received the RFE that it was filed in the wrong category to begin with. Although there were several positive comments in the denial (like 'the problem lies with the strict definition of such and such and that there is no doubt that the applicant is highly talented and qualified and will benefit US and so on) overall it was a denial.

The attorney thinks (now I doubt everything) that they are pointing us towards filing in OR category which has a much 'lower bar' according to her.

Our I-140 this time in OR category will go out by the end of this week. Looking at the current denials from CSC of OR petitions as well makes me little apprehensive.

Sumili

Last edited by a moderator:
My EB-1 OR petition was approved by CSC on April 1. However, I was laid off by the company which sponsored it in Nov '02, and am working in a national lab now. So, the EB-1 OR approval is of no use, unless I go back to my old company, which seems remote. I am planning to file a self petition (NIW or EA) soon, having got some confidence that I have a good case.

NIW do-it-yourself kit?

Does anyone know what materials/procedure if apply NIW by self? Can someone point a resource? thx.

I have the same question. My situation is:

Petition for EB1 OR in early March, want to apply NIW myself, have a copy of almost all the materials for OR petition, except the 140 form. Anyone could help? Thanks so much........

NIW approved from CSC

Hello everyone: Just wanted to post my info incase someone might find it helpful:

NIW I-140: Postdoc in Neurooncology

RD: 12/12/02
RFE issue: 01/28/03
RFE responded: 04/08/03
RFE RD: 04/11/03
AD: 04/24/03

Just got the notice in the mail! Now moving on to CP!!

Good luck to all.

I-140 approved

Dear friends,

My I-140 was approved on 06/02/2003.
Laywer received confirmation letter last Wednesday (07/09). BCS Case status Online service is still not updated.

No time for celebration since my H1-B will be expiring in August and need EAD soon. I hope my I-765 (RD: 04/18/2003, ND: 04/21/2003) will be approved soon or I will have to go for a iEAD next week or so.

Warm regards.

BrazilNut

EB1/OR at WAC
WAC-03-107-52XXX (Feb 20 2003)
Concurrent filing 140/485 and 765/131
RD & ND: 02/20/2003
AD: 06/02/2003

My I-140 EB1-OR was approved on 07/01. RD is 04/10/03. I also noticed my status has not been updated at BCIS online. Please let us know if your status is updated online.

Not updated so far

Ichh,

BCS Case status Online service is still not updated as of today. I will keep checking and I will let you know.

Are you eaiting for your EAD as well? Please let me know your details if applicable.

Reagards,

BrazilNut

BrazilNut,

Thanks for your reply.

My case's details:

I-140/485 concurrently filed at CSC
RD/ND: 04/10/03
I-140 AD: 07/01/03, no RFE
I-485, FP, AP, EAD still pending

Ph.d in EE, Ms in CS, about 20 publications, 2 book chapters, 5 reviews directly invited by editors, about 30 citations, 10 recommendation letters(9 from US)

EB1-OR approval WAC0315154xxx

EB1 OR was approved on July 2nd, 2003.
RD was April 17th, 2003.

Still waiting for AP and EAD.
Online and INS direct systems have not been updated yet.

Sumili

Congratulations on your I-140 approval. Your earlier I-140 filed in Extraordinary Ability was rejected right??. Good to hear that this one worked.

Good Luck on your I-485.

Cheers,
anonymous

Anyone knows after replying RFE for EB1-OR, how long can expect approval? several days, 1 month, or 2 months? thx.