CSC EAD renewal, receipt notice delay

immportuser

Registered Users (C)
guys

i mailed my EAD renewal package on aug2nd. it was received by someone in CSC laguna niguel on aug4th. i still haven't received any WAC # notice from them. is this normal?

how many days does it usually take for getting this WAC #?

by mistake i mentioned my last applied (granted) date as 'date filed' and not 'date approved'. could that mistake make them deny my app?

thanks

1) Usually it takes about 10 days to get the WAC numebr but if u don't get it (sometimes attorney may get it if attorney filed the case), then see if ur checks got cleared as on the back of the checks u will have hte WAC number. In my case, checks got cleared in 5 Business days and i found out my number on the back of the checks and checked online using that number and say USCIS received my application.

2) Regarding xng date, i dont think that will be an issue. In the worst case, they may issue an RFE and u can reply saying it is type error.

This happened to me when my employer field for 3 years extension of my H1b during my 5th year and i got RFE from INS asking fro the explanation and we replied that it is a type error and my case got approved.

So don't worry

How to get the receipt no. from the checks

Test Forum User1,

Did you call the bank and asked them to look at the back of the check to get the receipt no.Can you please explain. Thanks.

Test_Forum_User said:
1) Usually it takes about 10 days to get the WAC numebr but if u don't get it (sometimes attorney may get it if attorney filed the case), then see if ur checks got cleared as on the back of the checks u will have hte WAC number. In my case, checks got cleared in 5 Business days and i found out my number on the back of the checks and checked online using that number and say USCIS received my application.

2) Regarding xng date, i dont think that will be an issue. In the worst case, they may issue an RFE and u can reply saying it is type error.

This happened to me when my employer field for 3 years extension of my H1b during my 5th year and i got RFE from INS asking fro the explanation and we replied that it is a type error and my case got approved.

So don't worry

immi_help2004 said:
Test Forum User1,

Did you call the bank and asked them to look at the back of the check to get the receipt no.Can you please explain. Thanks.
Depends on your bank.

One of my banks, sends me actual canceled check with the monthly statements.
The other one makes the check images (front&back) available online.

For most banks, they keep the checks for you -- if you give them a check #, they can mail you a copy of it for a nominal fee ( usually less than $5 ) or even for free sometimes.

Call your bank and ask them for alternatives.