CSC 485-wait-time > 365 days ==> RFE?!

greenEnvy,

For the life of me I can't understand what the conflict of interest is? I haven't changed jobs, nor has my company changed its mind about sponsoring me for a Green Card, so there should be no conflict here.

Only difference I would believe exist, is in that, you pay single customer fee, whereas, my company being massive gets a group discount. This works out to the lawyer making less money per case from my company, hence the third class treatment. In your case, the lawyer treats you to the first class treatment since you are paying full fare. It is a bloody joke at how miserable my lawyer is or her paralegal at any rate.

As far as someone suggested, putting up a thread with lawyers and their screwups is good for someone asking for a lawsuit. I would strongly advise against it.

the_card,
Sadly true! You will need to go for a new FP after 15 months. But the good news is that it doesn't take as long. It is very fast to set up, and if my previous experience is off any use, pain free. No waiting no fuss, no mess. They are also very prompt with the results.

Dang!

140, when was your experience? Did your 2nd FP go thru the whole background check? Or does any 2nd FP have to go thru that piece of junk?

I'm really worried about it. Just got laid off. I have to find another job and send RFE on my new job. That will trigger interview as well, right?

Good. How nice! It's been more than 17 months already. Silly Man, (if you are here) how long is your 485 wait yet?

485 approvals is total discretionary of CSC(service centers).

CSC 485-wait-time > 365 days ==> RFE

can be applied and waived by CSC and the officer working with the case file.
The point is the CSC do not "completely" follow standard operating procedures.

-jay.

the_card,

Sorry about not clarifying in my post, but when I talked about FP experience I was talking about my first FP experience, have been in the queue only for the past 4 months so haven't had to go through second FP yet. I was quoting you the 15 month FP expiring rule after extrapolating on the 1 year automatic RFE rule. Sorry about that.

Take it easy, SM. At least you are still with your sponsoring employer. I am the one that is really F'd up. 2 other co-workers of mine applied at the same time. One got approved. The other did interview. Me is still sticking around.

And 140, thanks for any information. Anyways, what's your status right now?

Last edited by a moderator:
If we are talking about 15 month rule for 2nd FP than let me also shoot a question for gurus.

Me and my did first FP in Sep'2001 and now on 13th feb she is having interview at SFO. So will officer ask for 2nd FP?

I know the reply "Only god knows or officer him self" but even than....

the_card,

Status is the same as everyone else on the board! Waiting approval. Hoping against hope that CSC starts the approval process again. I know there is quite some time till my turn comes even after approvals start but this lack of progress is a serious damper from CSC's side.

Vipsha,

Like you said no one knows for sure, but if I had to choose, I would say your wife will not need to get another FP done. I feel the entire system is extremely arbitrary. If there was an RFE etc. generated of the case hadn't reached the interview stage then I feel there would have been high chances for a FP requirement. But at this stage, it is highly unlikely! Please keep us informed about your wife's interview. Our best wishes are as always with you and your family! Good luck!

Is this a standard process,
15 months wait, RFE and next interview.......
I replied back to the RFE, what next interview??

me too...15+ month wait -> rfe

BTW FP is valid for 15 months, how long are medicals valid for ?

tt tt

I talked to an IIO yesterday, says my EAD renewal and 485 apps are together, bieng reviewed, mind u bieng reviewed not processed....what does this mean the IIO alone knows,
talked to my lawyer, he says . "Being reviewed" is INS-speak for "you are calling us to inquire about a case that is within normal processing times, and as a result, we are not going to lift
a finger to disturb the normal processing of your case." You do not need to present any additional documents to INS unless you are requested to do so. If you are called for an interview, you may need to present additional"
the 2 just dont match....
i think the lawyers and the INS complement each other pretty well