CSC 485 and FP notice

reval_wait

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys

My RD on 485 application is May 7. I still haven't received any Finger print (FP) notice, wondering if anyone with May 7 or even later dates has received such notice.

I am posting this again since didn't get much response last time. I just fear that the notice is not lost in the mail.

In one of the other forums I noticed that some one with April 29 date received FP notice but that was close 4 weeks ago keeping the same timeframe I would expect that I should have received this notification long time ago.

Also does anyone know if we can check (online or phone) if such a notice was ever sent.

Thanks for your responses
reval_wait

My RD is April 29 2004 Notice Date May 6 2004. I received FP notice on June 1st scheduled for June 12 2004. If you are EB2 then you should have received it by now. Wait for a couple of more days and then check with your attorney whether he/she has received it or not.

Hi Guys

Mine is May-17 and how soon would i expect the finger print notice to come. I want to change my residence and if it is round the corner i want to wait till the finger print notice is recieved. BTW i am eb3.

ID for finger print?

I just got the notice for finger print. It's scheduled on July 21. On the notice, it states I need to bring this notice and appropriate ID to the local CIS office. I just sent out my passport for visa revalidation. Does my California driver license count as appropriate ID? Thanks.

By the way, my I-140 RD is Feb. 9th 2004, I-485 RD is May 21th 2004.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, Driver License is enough

I did fingerprint in Oakland office. Although I did bring both driver license and
passport but they just checked my driver license and didn't even ask for the
passport. It's my experience so I can tell.

I am not sure if other offices do like the same.

Who determines where to get FP

I am in WA and my case is being filed in CA because of pilot program and all that stuff. Actually my company HQ is in CA. I know there is INS office in Portland. When I get the FP, will I be asked to go to Portland INS or is it mandatory to come to CA. Do I need to do anything to set my preference. Sorry I am new. My lawyers are about to file for concurrent I140/485.
Thanks

HI Starter

HI Starter,
You will be scheduled to do FP in Portland, OREGON if you are living near portland. I am living in Vancouver, Washington and I have received an FP notice scheduled to do FP in Portland, OREGON office on 06/22/2004. You can't specify the choice of ASC. The BCIS will decide where to schedule your FP. I think they will choose the ASC that is closer to where you live.

I hope this helps.

Thanks
eb2august01

Do i need to fax or do an enquiry. ycning is May 21 and he got finger print. Mine is May-17-04. Is there a fax orenquiry number to call. Nothing moved on my application so far. BTW my I-140 was on Dec-22-03.

my receipt date is 3/31 and still no FP notice ... although mine's semiconcurrent (140 in Dec 03).

I heard the FP notice comes to your home. Does the lawyer actually get a notice?

Thanks.

for your reference

The fingerprint notice will come to both your home and Lawyer's office.
So don't worry about it.

As for the EAD/AP, I haven't got them until so far.
RD: Apr. 23, 2004
Fingerprint done on June 5, 2004

Nothing moved on my case at all.

Hi Guys

Slight correction to the original posting,

I-485 ND is May 15

Anyway received FP notice.

CSC EB2
EAD & AP ND May 15
EAD & AP approved June 24

reval_wait

Fingerprints for Pending I-485 Applications

Fingerprint Inquiry Procedure: The following inquiry procedures applies if 120 days have passed from the date that the I-485 was issued and the applicant still has not received a fingerprint appointment:

Step 1: Complete the “CSC Fingerprint Inquiry Form” and fax it to (949) 389-3055.

Step 2: If you do not receive a reply after 10 business days, fax a second request to (949) 389-3486.

Hi Murthy_Janaki
When you mean Travel Docs, are you referring to Adv. Parole?
Because my I-140/485 and EAD have been sent to INS CA recently.
I wish to apply for my wife's Adv.Parole in couple of months and I am cuious to know how long would that take.

Also, do you or anyone know if we can apply for Adv. Parole all by ourselves? Is that okay as my lawyer is ripping me off for every task. She is asking 500$ just for applying Adv. Parole.

Thanks

Yes it is Adv Parole. Mine got approved in less than two month. I think they are processing some thing like May-26-04 now.

Fingerprinting before the scheduled date and time

HI,

MY FP is scheduled for July31st. One of my friends told me that i could go to the Fingerprinting office earlier and get it done. Anybody have any experience with it, and are their any disadvantages of doing so,

Thanks