Cross Chargeability

ked

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

Does anybody have an idea on Cross chargeability for filing for I140/485?
Can this be possible if my wife is a citizen of UK?

Any help and steps as to how to go about it will be appreciated.

My lawyer is a real jerk and he messed up with applying for me under EB3 and now I have to do all the legwork here, just to make sure things are in order.

Also, when can I apply for my spouse as a secondary beneficiary on my GC application?

Pls. help.

Regards.

ked said:
Hello,

Does anybody have an idea on Cross chargeability for filing for I140/485?
Can this be possible if my wife is a citizen of UK?

Any help and steps as to how to go about it will be appreciated.

My lawyer is a real jerk and he messed up with applying for me under EB3 and now I have to do all the legwork here, just to make sure things are in order.

Also, when can I apply for my spouse as a secondary beneficiary on my GC application?

Pls. help.

Regards.
It does not depend upon citizenship but upon the country of birth. If country of the birth for you or your spouse is not one those retrogressed countries( India , China , Philippines) you will be able to apply I-485 immediately.

Thank you very much.

My wife is a citizen of UK by birth. That makes life a little simpler for us.
Well, would you know when do I put her as a secondary beneficiary on my application?

Applying for Cross-Changeabilty

Hi! Ked

My wife is British citizen by birth. Do you have more information about Cross-Changeabilty and how to file Cross-Changeabilty?

Thanks!

Good news! You can apply for I-140 and 485 together if your wife is a UK citizen by birth.

Cheers,

Ked

Any luck filing your 485 with cc ?

Hi

Did you file 485 using CC ?

Any luck with approvals.

My wife and I are looking for precedent in terms of approvals before we make the jump. It's been 5 months since we filed our 485 and we might be affected by retrogression !

Thanks

krips99 said:
Hi! Ked

My wife is British citizen by birth. Do you have more information about Cross-Changeabilty and how to file Cross-Changeabilty?

Thanks!

chevalblanc said:
Hi

Did you file 485 using CC ?

Any luck with approvals.

My wife and I are looking for precedent in terms of approvals before we make the jump. It's been 5 months since we filed our 485 and we might be affected by retrogression !

Thanks

Hey,

See the Cross-Chargeablility thread under Concurrent filing for my status.

As per the Oct Visa Bulletin, EB2 category is used with Cross Chargeability is Current.
So it will be advisable to apply under EB2 if possible. As far as approvals for I-485 goes, I havent seen many, so dont know.

Cheers,

kedzone