Criticism and Not

michal

Registered Users (C)
To those who criticise this country: seems critical denominator is one, no understanding of how slow democratic process is. Add human nature to the sack and you have US immigration policy. Why is Canada's immigration policy more open? Historically it is different. The best place to start change is us. There are no conspiracies against immigrants only human nature.

To those who defend this country: the real freedom comes from within, what you see is what you project from your own inside. This country still accomodates inner freedom well.

Michal.

??

Don't know what made you send that email ......

people here on this forum complain because they are fed up with the randomness in approval process. Some of the 2001 guys are still waiting while some from 2003 have been approved. What is your ND? wait for 3 years and then I will ask if you will complain or not.

Michal, It is very simple! When I am forced to sacrifice 5 years of my prime life, give up all the opportunities that I earn on the way and be kept in the dark of a immigration 'policy' that is random and unpredictable, there exists a problem. You can try to cover up the whole process as 'Human natured democracy'. I would just plainly call it sheer 'Arrogance and Nonsense'.

Did you read about the 'procedure' CSC adopted to reduce its back log? - shredding applications ! Wow! Am i supposed to applaud this? or consider it as 'Human Nature'? .. Please!! You have no idea ... I don't blame you.

No offense..I sometimes laugh at people who support whatever is happening.
How should I change myself?
Change the color of my skin?
Change my last name to SMITH?

Rnt u the one few weeks ago posted something to the effect of..

Why does FBI take 3 yrs for clearance?
Why does it take 3yrs to clear the 485 process?
Have you changed within now?

It's not that they r doing it slow..it is just that THEY DON'T CARE TO DO IT..

Madhav

Last edited by a moderator:
We all love this country and the democratic process. We would not try to become citizens otherwise. But I think it is safe to say we are unhappy with the slow and random immigration process and with the indifference to our plight. A little compassion (like phone operators who can actually help or an occasional reply and action to our repeated inquiries) would go a long way in making us more content.

RD/ND Aug 2002
FP: Some day in the distant future

michal
You talk about country, democracy, freedom, immigration policy....I don't think any one on this forum has anything against any of those thing. Not even immigratioin policy....which is set by the law makers.
what most people on this forum complain about is the department of Home Land Security's United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) that violates the country's immigration policies by not granting the benefits to the people that are eligible for those benefits. Since the only people that are affected by the department are a bunch of immigrants no one is doing anything about this....

Just imagine how this country would function if other departments worked in the same way as USCIS does..

IRS... we are processing tax returns from 1998...and taxes are a lot more complicated than immigration benefits
USPS...we are delivering mail from 2001, please wait your turn..
Social Security Administration...we are paying benefits that were due 2000...
etc..etc...etc....

I think her case seems to be APPROVED ..... ;)

That's why this new talk ......

Last edited by a moderator:
the problem is there is no definitive time limit...

the law doesn't say clearly what is an acceptable timeframe. it just says "reasonable". unless they are forced to give a yes/no answer in "6 months", they can interpret "reasonable" as they wish. it can be 3 years or 60 years. basically there is no pressure on them. so they don't care.

I think the law mandate that INS completes I485 within 6 months. Basically, INS is violating the law right now.

that is not a law...that was the election promise made by GWB four years ago...

chinabee said:
I think the law mandate that INS completes I485 within 6 months. Basically, INS is violating the law right now.

harvydonald - hilarious!!
It would be good to hear something like

Your next paycheck would be processed and credited to your account in June 2006. :) Then I would change from WITHIN!

Anyway, I still remember those from Bush. I will make sure and do whatever it takes to reduce the adjudication process of any application to be 6 months.

Until few months ago, during his term, it was hard for the process to move 6 months.

:)
Madhav

Mad Par said:
.Until few months ago, during his term, it was hard for the process to move 6 months.

It's important for GWB to keep his conservative base - therefore underfunding USCIS and creating new gridlocks with security checks/name checks etc.

harvydonald said:
michal
You talk about country, democracy, freedom, immigration policy....I don't think any one on this forum has anything against any of those thing. Not even immigratioin policy....which is set by the law makers.
what most people on this forum complain about is the department of Home Land Security's United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) that violates the country's immigration policies by not granting the benefits to the people that are eligible for those benefits. Since the only people that are affected by the department are a bunch of immigrants no one is doing anything about this....

Just imagine how this country would function if other departments worked in the same way as USCIS does..

IRS... we are processing tax returns from 1998...and taxes are a lot more complicated than immigration benefits
USPS...we are delivering mail from 2001, please wait your turn..
Social Security Administration...we are paying benefits that were due 2000...
etc..etc...etc....

Well said! Good rebuttle.

Well said Mad Par about pay check.

I am sure, no one, absoloutely no one in USCIS will like to hear getting late on their pay check.

Michal would you like to be paid three years after you work? If yes, the I will agree with you. If people in USCIS are ready to wait for three years for their pay check then I can wait too.

Imagine an answer like this. Currently USCIS is not funded and is short on budget. We are doing FBI, Security Name Check on all of USCIS staff. Currently the wait time is 999 days. If you have not been paid in last 1000 days then please contact USCIS' friendly customer service. They will raise an inquiry on your case. You can initiate only one inquiry in 30 day period. All staff will be finger printed every month because of the number of papers you guys handle for all potential immigrants. Your payroll is family based and will be given based on number of members in your family. If it is employement based then it will have another queue. We will pay you on a first come first basis. Means your PD, RD, ND will be checked before giving you payroll. PD, RD and ND will depend on your date of joining, last promoted date and ... last .. day. However, it may happen that people who joined after you will get their pay check before you. This is part of our famous random processing of payroll.

Michal, the bottom line is this, if USCIS who get paid because of Tax that we pay on time then we should be treated the same way. The whole issue is about time. Are you their Michal?

Not to sound rude..but i've seen posts in the last few months..
I am not sure where his process is but either way, I am waiting for a day when none of us actually have to be here looking for information/times/advice. The adjudication process should be as reliable as our dial tone (saw that in an ad few days ago).

I don't think he will respond. :)

Take it easy longGC..
Madhav

I think, if I am not wrong michal's Green card is already approved. Again, if I am not mistaken his ND was somewhere in 2002, maybe after mine, and sometime ago just like the rest of us he was requesting everyone to get in touch with the senators together for an FP notice. Maybe it was luck or maybe he pulled the right strings but he got approved. To be honest I am not sure what he is trying to say in his mail, so michal if you are reading this and we have read you wrong let us know. I usually do not pass judgements about people, but in this forum, I would reqest, please support the rest of us who have not been as fortunate and do not doubt for a minute that we are against democracy or freedom or security, else we would not be here!! We are not against Americans or the country,just against the injustice meted out by a handful who work in the immigration system who either have no clue whatsoever what the rest of us are going through or just plain do not care!!

ND/RD May 2002
No FP, AD ????? Hopefully xx-xx- 2004

i really like the "paycheck" part...

can we put statements like this in the immigrationportal.org site to explain the situation of immigrants. may be in newspapers too!!!

something like - "how would you feel if ... <put all examples of USPS, salary, income tax, etc., here>".

michal

All right I admit my message was very enigmatic, hard to figure out.

Yes my green card was approved madpar long gc +others and yes I am "fortunate" as a 2002 filer.

I still remember how difficult and painful it was just a month ago to wait and wait.

The core of my thinking though is still this, if you are prone to criticise whatever it is the US, Dept of Homeland Security, congress, stupid and lazy americans if you are prone to criticize without actually writting immigration friendly senators at ex. www.congress.org, expressing these marvelous ideas like being paid after 3 years, etc. then you are forgetting that democracy means that yes if you hate USCIS you hate the voters, the people behind it who are the core of the democracy. Most of them however I would argue 99% are not out there to hurt us, they operate under other OLD directives that do not let them do the job, or do not have fast staff to do the job.

The second part about freedom means, you are going to get the green card and then what? Unless you are internally free and understand how democracy = life works green card will not help you, you will run into new painful challenges.

Let me know whether I made myself clear. Michal.

Sycophant!!!
Do you think they will approve your case if you kiss their behind? If so, then we all might do that for an approval.