• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Critical Important News!!!

ZyXEL

Registered Users (C)
Hi Everybody.

Today I had my infopass and I got an amazing news from the immigration officer at USCIS. This is about deadline of the DV application September 30th.

I had my interview passed seven months ago. I was worrying about deadline, because my FBI Name Check is still pending, but officer told me that it is not my mistake and because I completed all paperwork with USCIS and already had my interview they will not penalize me for the Name Check. Even if it will take longer than Sept 30th it is not the case. As she told me, it's the case for those who didn't completed all requirements and didn't passed the interview. But if interview is done before September 30th and only FBI name Check is pending there is nothing to worry and as soon as FBI will clear you getting your GK.

Hope this information will help those who is in the same situation as me. Again I'm not a lawyer and I'm not responsible for this information, each case could be individually, but this is what I've been told today by official USCIS Immigration Officer.
Good luck to all who's still pending and congrats to all who already received it!!!
:) :) :)

Please take this information with a grain of salt. As far as I know you will not be approved after September 30th.

I've been to the infopass multiple times and learnt that most of the times they don't really know the rules about the diversity visa.
The last time I was there the lady said that my case could take 2 years. :eek: She was embarrassed when I showed her the letter saying that no approvals would be given after September 30th...

Good Luck!

I don't want to rain on your parade (and I know no better than you) but I was told that USCIS will try to get the FBI to expedite the name checks so we DV people will be able to meet the Sept 30th deadline. Good luck though - lots of us are being approved lately so hopefully you will be approved before the Sept 30th deadline and it won't matter.

rpar003 said:
I don't want to rain on your parade (and I know no better than you) but I was told that USCIS will try to get the FBI to expedite the name checks so we DV people will be able to meet the Sept 30th deadline. Good luck though - lots of us are being approved lately so hopefully you will be approved before the Sept 30th deadline and it won't matter.

Well, be careful there. My husband had his interview in April and was name check pending. Only a couple of weeks ago we were told by an Officer Supervisor at my local office in Milwaukee that if the name check results didn't come in before 30 Sept. he would lose his GC even though he'd already been interviewed. So, in our case, luckily, the supervisor acted on it right away (plus we got the senator's office involved) and now we have our GC!!

Please don't rely on just one officer.

VERY BEST OF LUCK

Barbara

Woww that's scary if immigration officer tells you SO IMPORTANT information WRONG!!! Thanks for your reply's....
God help all of us who's pending and God help all of to get this card SOON!!!

same case fbi name check pending

Hi ZyXEL,

I'm in the exact same position as you are. an immigration officer called a week ago and told me that my name hasn't been cleared yet by the FBI. I don't know what to do. I also had the interview and everything was ok. Do you have any further info about your case or the DV procedure?. PLease let me know.
I have my info pass on tuesday the 19th in NYC, let's see how that works out.
Thankx
mjr

Hi,

What happen with the visa fee we have paid if we are rejected because of we can't get the clearance by deadline ?

Regards,

Hi mjr,

If you have not then plz contact your houseman/senator they can really expedite this for you!!!Also,explain them abt the deadline etc.

Good Luck!!!

The following visa lottery story from 2003 was very helpful in my case:

http://dv.semper-ante.com/

Rant: Compared to lawyers, immigration officers are often poorly educated, misinformed, and of feeble intelligence. Bottom line: DON'T TRUST AN IMMIGRATION OFFICER! EVER! If you want to really understand the issues of your case, read court fillings, read court opinions, talk to a lawyer, etc... Get your information from reliable sources - not from IDIOTS.

Pin

Is there anything...

people can do to quicken up the FBI clearing-of-names?
I participated in the Green Card Lottery, won last year, applied and paid before December 2005... Then now finally this August I get to hear that the ones handling my case didn't "realize" I am living in the States, have had an home address here for the past 5 years... so they had had me pay all the fees to the wrong place - and therefore wouldn't be able to process my case. However, I could apply again, since it wasn't Sept.30th yet - and of course pay all the fees again. I did, and got quick responds, went and had my biometrics taken, and was told that I would most likley receive a notice for my interview this week. Which unfortunately, I haven't yet, but it should arrive soon..which gives me a few days to be cleared by the FBI.

Seeing that my case has taken forever, do I have any "rights" so to speak to ask for it to be processed even if I haven't been cleared before the 30th.. or is there anything I can do ( call, write letters etc.) to speeden up the process?

Thanks & good luck to you all, Sigrun

do I have any "rights" so to speak to ask for it to be processed even if I haven't been cleared

USCIS may or may not process you by Sep. 30. If they do then you are happy. If they don't then you are screwed:
1) If you sue them after Sep. 30, your case will most likely be dismissed (mootness).
2) You showed immigration intent (no non-immigrant visa for you (B-1,F-1,J-1, etc))

You can try to sue now... Milleage varies (depending on the district you are in, which judge you get, etc...) Cost is large (about $3000-$6000).