Criteria-Will i fit

samy99

I am a physician and have completed the maters in publich health too.
25 papers (20 first authored).
Over 20 national and international presentations.
One Research grant.
Peer reviewer for five journals.
My research work has been cited in a renowned newspaper including my commentary.
I dont have any big memberships in professional societies.

Do i qualify for EB-1 application.

Thanks for your time and thoughts.

If you have a permanent job, EB1B is a no brainer. Even if not, your case is strong enough for EB1A. Good luck.

Go for EB1-EA (self petition) or OR (if you have permanant job). CV looks good for both. Try to get some membership since you have good Cv, you can get full membership. It is always better to file more than 3 category eventhough you dont come under.
All the best.

You have a strong case for EB-1A or EB-1B or even NIW.

One Research grant.
My research work has been cited in a renowned newspaper including my commentary.

One Research grant.

You should be OK for EB1EA (self petition). If you are working as physician and part time researcher then, EB1OR may be difficult because of job description.

In my opinion you will have no problems with EB-1A. You are quite qualified. Nevertheless, it is important to prepare a good cover letter.

Support ALL of your claims with legitimate exhibits. And use no hyperbole (the reviewers, I believe, will be amicable to your case if you do not insult their intelligence). These things, I feel, reduce the chance of a RFE.

I filed I-140, without a lawyer, and followed what I wrote above.

Best of Luck

Pradeep

One Research grant.

I AGREE WITH PRADEEP.
In my opinion you will have no problems with EB-1A. You are quite qualified. Nevertheless, it is important to prepare a good cover letter.

Support ALL of your claims with legitimate exhibits. And use no hyperbole (the reviewers, I believe, will be amicable to your case if you do not insult their intelligence). These things, I feel, reduce the chance of a RFE.

I filed I-140, without a lawyer, and followed what I wrote above.

Best of Luck

Pradeep

EB1-EA Covering Letter tips

yes a good cover letter makes all the difference

These are some of the important ones should be taken care while preparing the covering letter:

1. Prizes or awards for excellence in the alien's field:
-the number of awardees or prize recipients as well as any regional limitations on competitors
-awards with national recognition will probably be reported in the media-check

2. Membership in Associations:
-membership is limited solely to those who have been judged by their peers as having attained outstanding achievements in the field for which classification is sought.

3. Published Material:
-circulation and the intended audience of the publication.
-how the alien is one of that small percent who have risen to the very top of his or her field.
-accomplishments should be the focal point of the published material.

4. Judge of the work of others:
-alien's outstanding ability as a judge
-evidence that an alien has been asked to review scientific or scholarly articles written by others
-submit an explanation of the significance of the alien's experience in judging the work of others in the field

5. Alien's contributions to the field.
-submit evidence of the beneficiary’s original contributions of major significance to the alien's field of endeavor.
-peer-reviewed presentations at academic symposia or peer-reviewed articles in scholarly journals that have provoked widespread commentary
-unsolicited requests for copies of the alien’s scientific abstracts or published research papers
-citation index which cite the alien's work as authoritative in the field
-reviewer for a peer-reviewed scholarly journal
-widespread commentary and /or received acclaim from others working in the field of endeavor

7. Display of the alien's work
-exhibition or showcase was itself of such significance as to be probative of the fact that the alien has sustained national or international acclaim in his or her field of expertise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I agree you have listed very clearely how to address a cover letter. One should not concentrate on just 3 catagories, provide evidence for as many as you can. Some evidences will satisify more than one catagory.

One Research grant.

Geleya's suggestions are excellent.
I guess, you can use your research grant to also claim "judge of others work". As a PI/Co-PI of a grant, you are responsible for the conduct of the research, monitoring and directing personnel involved in the project and thus judging their work.

You could include your presentations (along with publications) in the "contributions of major significance" criteria. Again, presentations could also be used as ".......work has been displayed at artistic exhibitions or showcases" criteria, since in scientific field, conferences are tantamount to artistic exhibitions and showcases.

Hope these help. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eb-1

I think it would save you a lot of trouble and time if you hire an attorney to do it. As the others have stated above you do satisfy the criteria for EB-1A.

One Research grant.

You got excellent chances. I see lot of good replies that will help you.

Also make sure you get enough solid recommendation letters.

Good luck.

I guess, you can use your research grant to also claim "judge of others work". As a PI/Co-PI of a grant, you are responsible for the conduct of the research, monitoring and directing personnel involved in the project and thus judging their work.

You could include your presentations (along with publications) in the "contributions of major significance" criteria. Again, presentations could also be used as ".......work has been displayed at artistic exhibitions or showcases" criteria, since in scientific field, conferences are tantamount to artistic exhibitions and showcases.

yes dgrajan. grant suggestion is good. I will include that.

Hello,
I would disagree on the first point.
Instructions of Form I-140 says
"Participation on a panel or individually as a judge of the work of others in the field or an allied field"

"work of others" is the key. The work that is performed by your research grant is, in my opinion, yours; i.e. it will carry your name too when published .. would it not?

I may be wrong on this one; but it appears to me that the claim, at its best, is murky.

Potential source of a RFE? What do others feel?

regards
Pradeep

Hello,
I would disagree on the first point.
Instructions of Form I-140 says
"Participation on a panel or individually as a judge of the work of others in the field or an allied field"

"work of others" is the key. The work that is performed by your research grant is, in my opinion, yours; i.e. it will carry your name too when published .. would it not?

I may be wrong on this one; but it appears to me that the claim, at its best, is murky.

Potential source of a RFE? What do others feel?

regards
Pradeep
I agree with pradeep .. Research grant can satisfy "leadership/key role in a project" not "a judge of the work of others" ... good point Pradeep

I agree with pradeep .. Research grant can satisfy "leadership/key role in a project" not "a judge of the work of others" ... good point Pradeep

Pana and Pradeep,

You guys are right. My bad. I did not think it in that aspect. Thanks for pointing out.

BTW, Pana did you get any LUDs??

BTW, Pana did you get any LUDs??

NO LUD since 14 th ... a bit worried as this monday is the 15 th day of my PP and I will be travelling next week till friday ... may not have time to access internet but will let you guys know what has happened once I am back .. wish me good luck and good luck to you all who are in a similar situation :)

NO LUD since 14 th ... a bit worried as this monday is the 15 th day of my PP and I will be travelling next week till friday ... may not have time to access internet but will let you guys know what has happened once I am back .. wish me good luck and good luck to you all who are in a similar situation :)

Wish you good luck. Don't worry, everything will be fine. Have a safe trip.