indiadocus

I'm applying for EB1A and EB2 NIW

My credentials:

MD with superspecialization, board certified, fully licensed
MPH
Fellowship in two prestigious societies
Board member Diabetes advisory board of State
Expert consultant, indian online TV channel
publications + abstracts total 16 ( very few citations- as lot of stuff is new)
15 conference presentation
reviewer of 4 journals, 20 articles ( not major impact though- but all invitations)
PI of intervention study listed on clinicaltrials.gov
Offer to consider job as a scientific medical director for a pharmaceutical company ( declined)
Independent letters from refrees

I know my publication record is not that great especially with few citations. I also know its been tough for physicians these days. I'm planning to apply for both EB1 and EB2 NIW

PLease suggest.

I spoke with two lawyers. They say Number of citations is the most important thing now. Your CV sounds really strong. May be it might be prudent to wait for number of citations to increase but again I am no lawyer.

How can a physician get into pharmaceuticals? any advice.

I spoke with two lawyers. They say Number of citations is the most important thing now. Your CV sounds really strong. May be it might be prudent to wait for number of citations to increase but again I am no lawyer.

How can a physician get into pharmaceuticals? any advice.

What I understand that citations help prove significant original contribution in the field. I'm not claiming significant contributions based on that- I will be using the publications as proof of published scholarly material and significant contributions will be other things I have done or doing. Also Membership criteria will be claimed by fellowships in socities and judge of work of others by reviewer work.

Citations may take years to come. I have refrees praise about the importance of my work.

As far as pharmaceutical companies- I was contacted because of referral from one senior person who knows my work and research experience. But there are always postings out there, but they require you to have MD/PhD or atleast 5 years of industry experience with obviously lots of research. Sometimes companies like Amgen are looking for MD's for their R/D division at different levels of training. They dont pay you veyr well though.