Crazy online message after local office interview

hope04

Registered Users (C)
Hi, All:

We had our interview done at L.A. office two weeks ago. My husband posted a thread about the interview the next day here.

We had our passports stamped during the interview. Everything went well.

But. Today, when I checked the online case status. it changed to:

"On July 18, 2003, your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. It is taking between 160 and 180 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.
"

This is crazy. It looks like verything go over Again!!!

I am really sure that I typed the right case number(I checked several times). And it is unlikely that the number was assigned to someone else.

Should we receive an approval letter after interview? We didn't yet.

What is going on here? Please help. I have bought a airline ticket to travel outside U.S. next week.

this is normal

this is not crazy, looks like local office cannot put the final point in the BCIS database, so they transferred case back to CSC (the message you see) and they should mark it as completed.

thanks for reply.

hope you are right about this. but that means the case is still not approved yet?

Hope this will not be a problem when I travel next week.

I thought people get stamped immediately after interview. I thought I read some people's interview experiences here which kinda ended with passport stamping. Right or Wrong?

hope04, I'd trust what you see in your passport, the stamp. Be cautious to what is reported on the website. Give them some time to finish bureaucracy :).

That's a standard "Transferred back" message.
Almost every transferred case goes through this point before it gets marked completed and approved.

Thanks guys for reply. Hope you are all right.

For "mango_pickle". The answer is yes. we had passports stamped at the end of the interview.

I will keep check the online message and let you know if it is changed.

Hope it changes soon!

If the passport shows I-551 stamped and your A #, then that is good as the approval itself.
Congrats anyway!

Is it true that all I need to travel out/back U.S. is my passport(with the stamp)?

Do I need to bring other stuff like Social security card stuff? Also the I-94 is gone (the officer took it during the stamping).

Thanks.

hope,

You shouldn't have any problems travelling (as far as re-entry to the US is concecrned). You don't need I-94 anymore. Stamp in the passsport is golden! So enjoy your trip and relax.. Social security card is light and does not take up too much space, so I would try squeeze it in your wallet, just to be on the safe side.