Cp To Aos

vgc

Registered Users (C)
Can someone tell me the procedure, if one has selected for CP and wants to go for AOS. Is there any special forms that we have to fill up.

Thats not right

If your I140 has just been approved then you can avoid delays by informing the NVC not to forward your I140 papers to the consulate in your home country. If the papers are already sent then only INS can request them back.

I heard CP is way faster than AOS and no 180 days problems then why you want to transfer?

I have filed for AOS but was just regretting that should have filed for CP!!!!!!!!!!

485runner !

When you call NVC, the answer that you get is that they will get back your file once INS requests for it. I have already tried doing it. According to my lawyer, once you file for AOS, your CP is automatically invalidated. Also, he said that the excuse by INS that your case is delayed because your 140 is sent to your country is false. INS maintains a copy of your 140 application.

No Title

485case,
  Don\'t regret for that unless you are from TSC...now cp is taking six to seven months and there is no 180 day protection...and on the other hand AOS is taking 9 months and less. Not much time difference and considering that you have to get vacation to go to India at that time and also the amount of time and money one spends, it is no more lucrative.
Apart from that it takes 4 months for the file to reach consulate...then by that time if dates are not current, then you have to wait till it get current.

thanks,
raju

No Title

485runner,
   INS maintains a copy but they need original file and not the copy...and what your attorney told is wrong...INS will wait for the file to come back from NVC or consulate whereever the original file is staying....

But in the current scenerio, if you are from India then the file will not to go the consulate and it will be at the NVC (because of the changes in consular processing procedure). Bottom line is that file will stay at the place where you are supposed to send packet 3.

thanks,
raju

No Title

Well,
CP is good only for couple of people, whose all the layers go quickly. My I140 is approved 5 weeks back and still hasn\'t reached NVC. Keep calling everyday and getting tension. And there is tension in each and every step, until u get the GC. While for AOS, once u fill up all the forms and get through medical, looks fine. Well thats my guess. I guess more is on luck, whichever one u choose.

No Title

U\'r welcome...
I am the victim of CP processing...my file has been lost in transit from VSC to NVC...after 9 months I have applied for AOS...
In that respect, I regret for CP option...As VGC pointed out, the tension you face does not make it worth....

thanks,
raju