CP Successful

kashur

Registered Users (C)
Had successful CP interview today. Was pretty uneventful. Will write details when I get back to the US - sept 2nd. Good luck to you all!

Originally posted by kashur
Had successful CP interview today. Was pretty uneventful. Will write details when I get back to the US - sept 2nd. Good luck to you all!

Kashur,

Congrats... We will look forward to see your coments on your interview...

Congrats

... and let the champagne flow.

So you didn't have to worry about the name check after all. Good for you dude. Hope to join your club soon (Sept 17 in fact).

- Nilesh.

yeah... no name check :)....

ok... here goes my experience:

Medical:
Lilavati rocks! Friendly people, least expensive, very good canteen. (Dont know how other hospitals are, but I have no regerts about Lilavati).
Got there at 7:30 for 7:30 appointment. The lady (I think her name is Reena) came at around 8:00. We filled a form, and gave blood. Went for xrays. Came back for basic medical - height weight and eyes). Paid fees by credit card and cash for shots. Went to eat something, came back for shots and meet the doctor (women get exemption from MMR if they are or planning to be pregnant). Were done by 11:30. Went back to collect report at 3:40. Out by 3:45. Reena was friendly all throughout.

Photo:
My own studio. We were living very close to the consulate therefore did not use the rush service. Their rush service (same day service) costs Rs. 250 and next day costs Rs 100. Why would you want to use the rush service if you can get the photos done inside the consulate for the same price?

Interview:
Reached a few mins early for 8:15 appointment. Did not have to wait. I was expecting guards to be rude. I was pleasently surprised. Went to window 10. Nobody appeared for 15 mins. Asked at window 11 about what to do. The lady at 11 accepted our papers saying 10 and 11 do the same thing. Gave our appointment letter and passport there. Were called at window 4 after about 30 mins. The lady was wearing a bright smile and was very friendly during the whole interaction. Signed the affidavit about joining same job on return to the US. Asked for all the basic papers - birth, marriage, police certs and copies, DS 230 I and II and I134. Asked us to wait to be called at window 9. After about an hour and half, win 9 called. Combination of an American lady officer and an Indian gentleman manned the window. took oath. Submitted employment letter. My wife and I both work. The lady was confused about how can she issue dependent visa for someone who is not dependent (but holds an H1). The Indian gentleman told her that she can and so she did (I was surprised by her reliance on the Indian gentleman). She signed the papers and the Indian gentleman told us that they are issuing IV to us and that we should pay the fees at counter 1. We did that and were asked to come back at 3:30. Got there at 3:15, stood in a line for IV applicants. Got the papers. Address was wrong on my wife's visa. The lady at the counter said that it doesn't matter. Took her word for it and went back home.

I have heard all kinds of stories about people in the consulate being rude. Fortunately did not experience it at all. Everybody we interacted with was very nice.

POE:
Memphis. No other fligt landed around our time therefore lines were small. The officer collected our passport, visa paper envelopes and custom form and asked us to collect baggage and wait in a room. There were about 20 other people in the room (and I thought not many people came from Memphis!). Waited for about 30 mins. Were called for fingerprinting. The officer showed us the GC stamp in passport and said if we dont receive the card within a year, we should call INS. The process took about 30 mins of wait and less 3 mins of conversation and we were on our way.

Summary: The process was very smooth. I ama glad we chose CP over AOS.

Thank you all for all your help! I'll be glad to answer any questions.

Congrats! Kashur

Enjoy your post GC life!!!

-Ravi

yeah... no name check :)....

ok... here goes my experience:

Medical:
Lilavati rocks! Friendly people, least expensive, very good canteen. (Dont know how other hospitals are, but I have no regerts about Lilavati).
Got there at 7:30 for 7:30 appointment. The lady (I think her name is Reena) came at around 8:00. We filled a form, and gave blood. Went for xrays. Came back for basic medical - height weight and eyes). Paid fees by credit card and cash for shots. Went to eat something, came back for shots and meet the doctor (women get exemption from MMR if they are or planning to be pregnant). Were done by 11:30. Went back to collect report at 3:40. Out by 3:45. Reena was friendly all throughout.

Photo:
My own studio. We were living very close to the consulate therefore did not use the rush service. Their rush service (same day service) costs Rs. 250 and next day costs Rs 100. Why would you want to use the rush service if you can get the photos done inside the consulate for the same price?

Interview:
Reached a few mins early for 8:15 appointment. Did not have to wait. I was expecting guards to be rude. I was pleasently surprised. Went to window 10. Nobody appeared for 15 mins. Asked at window 11 about what to do. The lady at 11 accepted our papers saying 10 and 11 do the same thing. Gave our appointment letter and passport there. Were called at window 4 after about 30 mins. The lady was wearing a bright smile and was very friendly during the whole interaction. Signed the affidavit about joining same job on return to the US. Asked for all the basic papers - birth, marriage, police certs and copies, DS 230 I and II and I134. Asked us to wait to be called at window 9. After about an hour and half, win 9 called. Combination of an American lady officer and an Indian gentleman manned the window. took oath. Submitted employment letter. My wife and I both work. The lady was confused about how can she issue dependent visa for someone who is not dependent (but holds an H1). The Indian gentleman told her that she can and so she did (I was surprised by her reliance on the Indian gentleman). She signed the papers and the Indian gentleman told us that they are issuing IV to us and that we should pay the fees at counter 1. We did that and were asked to come back at 3:30. Got there at 3:15, stood in a line for IV applicants. Got the papers. Address was wrong on my wife's visa. The lady at the counter said that it doesn't matter. Took her word for it and went back home.

I have heard all kinds of stories about people in the consulate being rude. Fortunately did not experience it at all. Everybody we interacted with was very nice.

POE:
Memphis. No other fligt landed around our time therefore lines were small. The officer collected our passport, visa paper envelopes and custom form and asked us to collect baggage and wait in a room. There were about 20 other people in the room (and I thought not many people came from Memphis!). Waited for about 30 mins. Were called for fingerprinting. The officer showed us the GC stamp in passport and said if we dont receive the card within a year, we should call INS. The process took about 30 mins of wait and less 3 mins of conversation and we were on our way.

Summary: The process was very smooth. I ama glad we chose CP over AOS.

Thank you all for all your help! I'll be glad to answer any questions.

affidevit about joining same job

Hi kashur,
Congrats for GC.

Do you remember the format (content) of affidevit about joining same job in US?
Does it says anything about time frame? How long one should stick with same job in USA.

Please reply ...

thanks,
ashish

It says the primary applicant will inform the consulate if there is any change in the job (prior to leaving) and will go back and work for the sponsoring employer. No time frame mentioned.
Not all consulates (eg Canada) follow this process.
brb

Re: affidevit about joining same job

Yeah. Does not mention any time frame. I have heard recommendations ranging from 2 months to 6 months. I dont think any official time period is specified anywhere.

Originally posted by AshishG
Hi kashur,
Congrats for GC.

Do you remember the format (content) of affidevit about joining same job in US?
Does it says anything about time frame? How long one should stick with same job in USA.

Please reply ...

thanks,
ashish

Congrats Kasur. I134 Question.

I have filed I134 (affi. of supp) for my parents when they came here in USA 2 years back (they stayed for 4 months and went back).
Now for CP, what should I mentioned in I134 question# Q.9 and Q10.
Is it ok to put 'None'.
Pl. reply.
Also, do I have to submit two I134 for spouse and child?

My in-laws came here last year and stayed for 4 months. I mentioned that in my I-134. Also, you need to submit seperate I-134 for ur wife and daughter - I'm as sure as my death!!
cheers!!
Ranen

appearance of attorney...

Thanks Ranen for your answer.
Some more...
My atty filing DS230PII and other docs. He is also sending a form called "Appearance of Attorney".
Q. Do we need to submit this form also at consulate?
A. Can we prepare all the form our self?

I 134 Item 9 & 10

As per what my attorney told, 9 & 10 should have NONE, if you have not done affidavits for the persons you are doing affidavit with this I134.

I was also confused with the question, but I am going with what my attorney told me. (And also carrying the other one for safe)

Re: appearance of attorney...

Originally posted by sm99999
Thanks Ranen for your answer.
Some more...
My atty filing DS230PII and other docs. He is also sending a form called "Appearance of Attorney".
Q. Do we need to submit this form also at consulate?
A. Can we prepare all the form our self?

you sure can fill out all forms yourself. I did nto carry any "appearance of attorney' form with me.

"appearance of attorney"(FORM-G-28) you can carry - they generally do not ask for it during interview . I think the policy should be to take every related docs during interview.Rest on Opor-wala !!!

Re: Re: affidevit about joining same job

Yeah. Does not mention any time frame. I have heard recommendations ranging from 2 months to 6 months. I dont think any official time period is specified anywhere.

Thanks for reply.

Could you please tell me the full content of that affidevit? Please reply.

thanks,
ashish

Re: Re: Re: affidevit about joining same job

Originally posted by AshishG

Thanks for reply.

Could you please tell me the full content of that affidevit? Please reply.

thanks,
ashish

Ashish,

I do not remember the exact content of the letter.. it was several lines long. What I remember is it was on a plain white page and asked to sign under oath on these two basic points:
- the job offered by the petitioner is still available and that you will join the job on your return.
- If the situatioin changes before you leave for US, you will inform the consulate.