CP Success on Septmeber 18th. @ Chennai.

einstien

Registered Users (C)
ello everybody,

Indeed this is a Cool Process. Friends, we (Me, Wife, 2 Kids) had a successfull Interview on this day at Chennai. Though I was not active on this forum but I have been following very closely and my thanks goes to each one you for your wishes and postings with valuable information. My special thanks to Bald Eagle, Srifx whose posting was so detailed made me to visualize the whole process and I should blame them in a way for not letting me post questions so often. I will summarize the salient points of my case and experience.

PD : July 2000
AD : May 2001
PKT 3 Mailed : July 16 2001
Interview Date : September 18th 2001

Medicals :

I did my Medicals at Lister Labs one week before hand. No appointment is needed and if you walk before 10 AM you can get the reports by 4 PM. No need to fast, you can have good break fast for the blood work and X- Ray. The correct building is #13 on Jagannathan Steet. You have to carry your Completed Medical form with a Photograph pasted, Passport, Appointment letter, Rs 600 for each person.

Dr. Mathai Thomas :

You need to carry your Passport, Lab Reports, Immunization records from US if any, one Passport size Photograph, Appointment letter and enough cash.

I would discourage any body going to this Doctor just for the simple reason that he lacks minimum commonsence and some how tries to negotiate more vaccinations even though you have them before. He may be a sincere and a strict Doctor but equally I feel he needs to be more logical, understanding and professional. And what pisses me off is the way he rags you asking for the evidence. We had all the Vaccinations for both of my kids and we took the records we got from the Pediatric Hopitals we visited. Each of this record has the previous vaccinations already administered with dates and the present Vaccine that is being administered. Despite that he says he can\'t understand from them what has been given to the kids with dates and if we can\'t provide the proof he may have to administer all of them. Here we argued saying that this is what we have and they were accepeted by the Day Cares in US and why can\'t you. He gave them back to my wife and started asking for the proof and dates of each Vaccination. Though my wife had hard time with the records, she challenged him showed all the dates and vaccinations. Finally he gave two vaccinations one each to my kids. I was expecting he being a Panel Doctor will be very well versed with all formats in US and will take some time in reading them instead depending on us to his job. When my turn came he asked about chicken Pox and I said Yes I had when I was child. Now he asks at what Age. I said may be at 6. He say no I want correct age. I re phrased my answer and said Yes exactly at 6 years. Now he says that cannot be chicken pox, it should be small pox. We are into another argument and his justification is that going by my DOB there was small pox prevalent not chicken pox at that time. I was about to lose my temper but kept cool and said I don\'t know what Pox is prevalent at that time, but I do know what I got and it is Chicken Pox. Again I have to fight for this. Now its the time for Eye exam and already its been two hours. My kids have become so restless and they started messing up his office. Still he wants to do eye exam for my 2 1/2 years old kid who just started reading alphabets and the lady who does this exam was fighting with him to make him read the letters on the screen. Finally after 2 1/2 hours we came out with a shot of MMR to me and my wife and one shot ( not MMR) each to my kids and paid Rs.2500.

TIP : If you have kids make a Summary of all the Vaccinations in seperate sheet and get that signed by your Pediatrician in US. Make an appointment at 4.30 PM so even if it gets late kids can be OK.

Interview :

My interview experience is same as others. Its just a formality to appear in person and submit the documents. We went in at 8 AM and

Interview

Interview :

My interview experience is same as others. Its just a formality to appear in person and submit the documents. We went in at 8 AM and came out by 11 AM. If you have babies or toddlers you can take water, diapers, Cookies, empty feeding bottles etc. Milk, coffee, Biscuits are sold inside. They will make you eat all the eatables at the security if your are carrying. Finally just remember these things.

Arrange Docs as mentioned in Packet IV except passport.
Write your case # , Name, Address at the back of all the DD\'s.
Sign on the bottom left of two Immigration Style photos and don\'t sign on the third. Put these Photos in your Passport and keep them separate along with a copy of appointment letter because you need to show them while passing the security.
While submitting your Docs slide the passport with Photographs first and then documents bunch. Don\'t use any clips. Don\'t forget to take Blue Dart DD and Write Address on a slip they provide for the delivery of the Packets.
I got my Passports and Brown Packets delivered at my residence next day by 1.30 PM in Hyderabad.

I will be in India for a while vacationing after this much needed relief in the present economic conditions. If you have any questions please post and I will try to answer promptly.

Best Wishes,

Einstien

Interview

Interview :

My interview experience is same as others. Its just a formality to appear in person and submit the documents. We went in at 8 AM and came out by 11 AM. If you have babies or toddlers you can take water, diapers, Cookies, empty feeding bottles etc. Milk, coffee, Biscuits are sold inside. They will make you eat all the eatables at the security if your are carrying. Finally just remember these things.

Arrange Docs as mentioned in Packet IV except passport.
Write your case # , Name, Address at the back of all the DD\'s.
Sign on the bottom left of two Immigration Style photos and don\'t sign on the third. Put these Photos in your Passport and keep them separate along with a copy of appointment letter because you need to show them while passing the security.
While submitting your Docs slide the passport with Photographs first and then documents bunch. Don\'t use any clips. Don\'t forget to take Blue Dart DD and Write Address on a slip they provide for the delivery of the Packets.
I got my Passports and Brown Packets delivered at my residence next day by 1.30 PM in Hyderabad.

I will be in India for a while vacationing after this much needed relief in the present economic conditions. If you have any questions please post and I will try to answer promptly.

Best Wishes,

Einstien

Blue Dart DD?

In my understanding we need two drafts per person (application fee & issuance fee). Do we also need a separate DD per person for Blue Dart or just a single DD is enough? What amount was this Blue Dart for and in whose favor was it drawn?

Can we give local address for blue dart?

Can we give local address for blue dart? and for the rest can we give the original address

No Title

Single DD for the family.

The draft has to be made to "BLUE DART" and it should be payable at Chennai if the draft is purchased in a place other than Chennai. Just tell the bank and they will do it for you.

The amount is Rs. 250 flat+ Rs 50 per applicant. Example: If you are a family of 2 then the amount is Rs 250 +Rs 50 + Rs 50=Rs 350

Don\'t forget to write your names, case # and address with pencil on the back of the DD. This will help them identify drafts.

-CPBound

No Title

Yes, local addresses in Chennai or your hhotel can be provided.

During the interview, when the person at the counter takes documents, a blue label is provided tro fill out the address. Keep in mind that this blue label is used by Blue Dart to deliver.

-CPBound

einstien Congrats!

Hi,

My wife\'d date of birth has been mentioned wrong in the Invitation
 Letter, Do we have to ask them to correct it before the Interview or during the Interview will they consider these changes?

Please advise.

No Title

Try providing the consulate with your wife\'s BC if you haven\'t already. Faxing is an option but check with the consulate. In any case, write to them and they will give you the solution.

-CPBound

No Title

Kish Kush,

I think you mean Appointment letter. If the DOB in her passport and Birth certificate are the same then FAX a copy of her BC to consulate and request for the corrected Appointment letter. As long as you have correct DOB on Packet III and Packet IV forms I think this should not be a problem. Just confirm by sending an email to the Consulate.

All the best

P3 Cover Letter.

Hi,
    Could anyone post the format/content of the covering letter for P3. I understand we have to send one coppy of OF169 for the family, one copy of OF230/DS230 per applicant, copy of marraige certificate and a covering letter. Is that correct? If not please post the documents needed to be sent for P3.
Thanks.

No Title

Thanks all for the Wishes. Here is the Cover letter Format for Packet 3.Date

From,
 Your Name , Address

To,
Immigrant Visa Unit
U.S. Consulate General
220 Mount Road
Chennai 600 006 INDIA.

Sub : Request for accepting Packet III forms for case No. …………….

Dear Sir/ Madam

I, ….. is the primary applicant and beneficiary of IV case # …………. My spouse ………… and my kids …Mention Names …are included as my dependents. I am herewith submitting the Packet III forms for myself and all the dependents in order as mentioned below.

Completed OF 169
Completed OF 230 PART 1 for myself
Completed OF 230 PART 1 one each for all the dependents
Marriage Certificate
Birth certificates of my kids.

Request you to accept the above and do the needful for further processing.

Thank You,

Marriage Info on Passport

Hi Einstein,

Have you updated your PP with marriage information?

Do we have to update our Passport with our marriage information. We have our Indian Passport before marriage itself. Is this mandatory?
Your feedback will be appreciated.
Thanks