CP success on April 2nd, local PCC, bad experience at Standard Chartered Bank

Houghton

Registered Users (C)
I completed my CP interview on April 2 at the Mumbai Consulate with no problems. The procedure was very smooth and similar to other\'s experiences.
Here are some additional notes:

1) Me and my wife did our medicals at Hinduja on April 28th and received the results the same day. They were waiving the vaccination and X-ray requirements for women who were pregnant.

2) We went to the Standard Chartered bank across the Consulate on Bhulabhai Desai Rd to prepare the bank drafts. The immigration visa application fee for two people is over Rs.20,000 (i.e $265/applicant). The lady at the counter refused to create a draft for us, saying that we need a certain PAN no. or an account with the bank, to create drafts for over Rs.20,000. I argued that international travelers might have neither of this and what will they do. She did not budge and said that her argument was according to RBI rules.Her supervisor did not help either. Anyway, this was a nasty surprize for us on a hot and tiring day. We had already spent half an hour at the bank cashing out traveler\'s checks.
This experience tells me that families who want to create drafts would waste their time at the Standard Chartered Bank. We went to the Bank of India adjoining the consulate, and there were no hiccups there. They took the cash and gave us drafts in 20 minutes. We also went to My Own Studio, took the pictures and later collected them at 6.30 PM.

3) Since I had four more days left before the Interview, I went to my hometown in central Maharashtra and tried my luck in getting a local PCC. I went to the Police Commissioner\'s office and somebody there directed me to a Dy CP who deals with foreigners and passports. I had created a written request, which he read, asked me some questions and agreed to give me the PCC. However, from that point onwards started an endless cycle of visits to various officials, memoes and corrections and ultimately I did not get the local PCC in time. It is possible to get this PCC if you have a lot of patience and time to pursue the various officials. They do send a constable to your home to make sure you live at that address. The PCC is a computer printout, with your photo pasted on it (you have to provide two copies) and states some general info about you. This is the same PCC which the police provide to the passport officials. My recommendation is not to go through this hassle, since we were not asked for it at all, during the interview. However, they were asking for the local PCCs for family-based applicants from India. One lady was turned back for not having this.

4) Finally, the interview was a breeze. Our appt. was at 9.30, we went in at 9 AM and paid the application fee. Our names were called at 11.10 AM. Only the documents specified in the packet 4 were asked, nothing else. Since mine was an EB1 application, they paid some extra attention to the employment letter. For spouse, the form I-134 is important. They were satisfied with the PCCs from Indian Embassy in Washington DC. The second interview with the oath lasted for 2 minutes. She asked me if I will join the same company after returning to US.

5) They asked us to come back at 3 pm. The windows actually opened at 4pm, NIVs were called first and then the IVs.

6) POE was JFK. We went in the permanent resident line, an officer took the finger prints and signatures and that was it. He didn\'t say anything. That\'s it! It was thankfully a smooth process. This forum was very helpful. I can answer any questions.

Congrats buddy..

I think ur case was the old process and u didnt have to go thru the complete NVC thing...
I have heard that Mumbai is pretty cool..how many Employement cases were along with u...did u hear anybody having any problems..

Shanks

Question about Demand Drafts?

Houghton/CP Experts -

Can someone who recently appeared for GC interview in the
Mumbai consulate clarify about demand draft:
The Mumbai web site says the DD\'s should be in
favor of ""CENTURION BANK A/C-US VISA". However, I came
across a posting where consulate suggested to take the DD\'s
in favor of "US Consulate General, Mumbai"

Would appreciate if you share your experiences.

No Title

Shanks1975: I did not come across any employment based applicants that day. The few people that I met were all family-based applicants. One old lady was given a conditional approval, and was asked to come again with a local PCC.

cpguy: I made the drafts in favor of the American Consulate General, Mumbai.

Employment Letter

If I may ask, what were they looking for in the employment letter? I have an EB-1 appointment coming up in Montreal and I want to make sure I have all my ducks in a row.

letter

I have the same question.
My case is EB1 as well and I would like to know what do they like to see in the employment letter.
Thanks

No Title

The employment letter is supposed to state the substance of the employment offer, and immigration attorneys should know what to state in this letter. My letter stated my title, salary, since when I have been working, and my job responsibilities. It also briefly stated my credentials. Most importantly, it stated that my job will be immediately available to me upon my return to the United States.

Thanks

Thanks. I already have my letter, which covers everything you mention. I feel a bit better. I petitioned myself, so I have to show that I am working in the field outlined in my I-140 evidence. Congrats again.

Hi I have EB1 interview coming up next week.

But I cannot get the PCC from the local police station. I have managed to get one from the Passport office. Would this suffice?

think you need local PCC too...

This is based on the FAQ posted on the Chennai consulate\'s web-site and confirmed by many.