CP Success in Chennai on Nov 27th - Got away with no Vaccinations

Red Monk

Registered Users (C)
If you have prior blood work reports which can show that you are immune to all the diseases that the vaccinations cover, then you will be waived of all the required vaccinations. This is what Dr. Vijayalakshmi told me. So, take any prior blood work reports done within the last one year of your interview date.

She mentioned that the actual way to determine if the individual requires vaccination or not is to do the blood work for all the disease types and then decide on the vaccinations if the individual is not immune. She told since the CP interview candidiates don\'t have anough time usually, the consulate requires her to give the boosters.

Since i had got mywelf checked here for all the disease types during my annual general check up my PCP, i was waived of all the vaccinations.

Hope this helps all those who have the blood work done and are afraid of the needles. I would also recommend Dr. Vijayalakshmi strongly for all Chennai CPers. She is very patient and considerate.

one question

I am having my interview in the Feb. Can you please tell me in detail what should I say to my PCP to get all these tests done here in US. Like is it just the blood test or some specific tests.
and also what do I need to take to Dr. Vijayalakshmi, is there any particular letter or reports to be taken from here.

Thanks

What is blood work.

COuld you please explain "Blood work"? Are you talking about regular blood test and it\'s results?

Thank you.

Cool

Keep hearing some new terms in this board. Blood Work?? WHat is it.
Its good that Dr. Vijayalakshmi is accepting it.

C ongratulations Red Monk I have a question regarding the letter from the bank

Red Monk,
Congratulations. I have a question regarding the bank statement. Is it necessary in addition to the bank statements to take a letter from the bank and how much is a safe amount to put on form 134. Thank you very much in advance.
SSLakshmi

Blood work

simply means blood tests in medical terms. Thats what medical professionals say "blood work" its just medical "jargon"

Blood work is same as Blood test

Blood work is nothing but Blood test. If you talk to your PCP and tell him that you are appearing for your immigration interview and need him to test you for all the diseases listed for vaccines, then he will do it.

Bank Statement is good enough

I did not take any additional letter from my bank apart from my bank statement and neither the folks at the Consulate asked for it. Hope this helps...........

You mean we do not have to go to Lister lab.

Do you mean by getting blood work done in US, we do not have to go to Lister Lab? Are you sure about this?

Thanks.

Dude, Did i say that you do not have to go to Lister Lab?

Please dont confuse the other readers. The checks they do in Lister are for HIV and other terminal diseases. I just said that if you get your blood tests done for the diseases which require vaccinations and tak the report, Dr. Vijayalakshmi will consider it for not vaccinating you. I did not say that you can replace the Lister tests. Hope its clear...........

No Title

Just take the lab reports. They are adequate. You have to go to Lister labs anyway for other blood tests and X Rays.

To Red Monk - Blood Work

Do you know if insurance companies usually pay for such type of
"work". I am enrolled in an HMO.

RED MONK -- Blood Report

Do we need to take the blood test/report for any thing other than below :
       1. Tetanus Diphtheria (Td)
       2. MMR Combination for:
              Mumps
              Measles
              German Measles (Rubella)
       3. Chickenpox (Varicella).

Also do we need to take a additional letter also from our PCP apart from the blood test reports.
Also is there any particular format that we need for blood reports

Thanks a lot

RedMonk

Can u please elaborate what all tests I should ask my PCP to do, so that I dont have to take vaccinations in India. Can you tell for ex. which all anitibodies should we ask him to test for? which one did u get the test for?

To Answer all of your questions

I copied the list of diseases that the Consulate requires you to be vaccinated against from www.ins.gov and showed it to my PCP. I had gone to him for a routine cholestorol check up. He said that he can ask the Lab to perform the tests for all the diseases(applicable to my age) and see if i am immune if it helps me. I thought that it will be helpful since i will know before i leave US if i am not immune to any of those. So, i asked him to do it.

I took a copy of the Lab Tests when i went to see Dr. Vijayalakshmi. She saw the blood test reports and said that i am immune to MMR and my values are quite high , so i dont need a booster and she also mentioned that the right way to do it is to get all applicants checked for all the diseases which require vaccinations and then vaccinate them if they are no timmune or if their values are marginal. Since there is no adequate time and it will be elaborate, the consulate has directed the Doctors to give boosters instead of laborious tests.

So, for the benefit of those to you who want to get these done, i think it will be a good idea and if you can group this with your other tests, then the insurance coverage will be provided. Best of luck..........