CP success at chennai

akorah

Registered Users (C)
I had just done the CP at chennai.

Important points
No PCC required.
Dollar to INR rate is now 49
HAve the documents ready in the order.

Keep the H1 approaval notice with you. ( He asked me why mu VISA in the passport does not match with the company name in the I140. I explained it. Then he asked for the latest H1 approval notice)

Medical done with Dr. Vijayalakshmi,Highely recommended. She is really nice, helpfull.

Ready answer any questions.

Thanks for all the people who contributed to this site. It was really helpfull.

Congratulations. Document order...

Do you need to put bank statements and tax returns while giving all the documents to the Officer?

Tax returns ----

Hi Akorah,

Congragulations and thanks for posting the info. I have my interview coming on 29th and I have the following questions :

1) How much time does it take to get the medical certificate from Dr. V, Can we have an appointment with Dr V the same day as go to the Listers lab. I am asking this question since I am not a local of Chennai and will book the hotel based upon this.

2) At the interview do they ask for tax returns, I dont have the tax returns for 98 and 99 do you know if the transcripts should be fine.

3) Do they aks any questions ?

4) DS 230-II, I noticed that the DS-230 II forms sent by the consulate in packet IV are not updated to the most recent ones on the consulate web site. Which form did u fill, the one sent by the consulate or the one on the web

5) Do we get the passport the same day or they send it to us by courier.

Thanks a lot for your time.
Kuldeep.

No Title

1) How much time does it take to get the medical certificate from Dr. V, Can we have an appointment with Dr V the same day as go to the Listers lab. I am asking this question since I am not a local of Chennai and will book the hotel based upon this.

MOST PROBABLY YOU WILL NOT SPEND MORE THAN AN HOUR TO TWO WITH DR.V. BUT LISTER LABS GIVE THEIR REPORTS ONLY IN THE EVENING AT 5.00. SO IF U CAN GET AN APPO WITH DR.V AT 6 PM THE SAME DAY PROBABLY U CAN COMPLETE BOTH IN THE SAME DAY. BUT I WOULD THINK U R CUTTING IT TOO SHORT AS AUTO-TRAVEL TIME IS ALMOST 30 MTS WITH TRAFFIC AND WHAT NOT.

2) At the interview do they ask for tax returns, I dont have the tax returns for 98 and 99 do you know if the transcripts should be fine.

TAX TRANSCRIPTS SHOULD BE FINE - PROBABLY BETTER, AS IT IS A RECORD FROM HORSE\'S MOUTH!

ON THE DAY OF MY INTERVIEW, THE OFFICER TOLD US THAT ALL WILL NOT BE INTERVIEWED. AND RIGHTLY SO, I WAS NOT INTERVIEWED AT ALL. READING OTHER POSTS, THEY JUST ASK GENERAL AND SIMPLE QUESTIONS ABOUT WHAT DOES UR CO DO?, HOW MANY EMPLOYEES ETC. DON\'T SWEAT FOR THIS.

4) DS 230-II, I noticed that the DS-230 II forms sent by the consulate in packet IV are not updated to the most recent ones on the consulate web site. Which form did u fill, the one sent by the consulate or the one on the web

I USED THE ONE THEY SENT FROM THE CONSULATE - EVEN THOUGH I HAD THE ONE FROM THEIR WEBSITE ALSO FILLED UP. ( I THINK I RECEIVED OF-230 IN PACKET 4 AND HENCE SUBMITTED THE SAME.

U GET THE PASSPORT ONLY THE NEXT DAY THROUGH COURIER.

HOPE THIS HELPS.

congrats, a question on DD\'s

I saw/heard in these postings but was not sure. Pl. let me know what all you info., you have to write on the back of the demand draft (for visa issuance & application fees). Also, how should be the blue dart draft be addressed and what is its fee ?

Thx., in advance

Tax Transcript and W-2 Question!

1 ) If submitting Tax Transcripts are we also expected to submit W2 as well.
    Pls let me know.. I\'m about to leave a couple of days for my Interview.

2) Can someone also give me the address and ph# of the Konica lab in chennai.

3) Pls list the new Documents List in Chennai now..

Thanks a lot for any feedback.

how much time at consulate for interview

If the passport and all other documents are coming through courier. Can we finish the interview by say 2pm.
I was planning to go back to bangalore same afternoon.
Is it possible.

thanks

Yes,

I kept all the tax returns with me. But he did not ask for that.
He took only the last years tax trabsacripts. He returned the other two.

All the best

No Title

He asked me what is my designation.
Ans: Software Engineer (research)
Q: But it is witten here Outstanding researcher
Ans: Not that is the VISA catagorey my company applied for me.
It looks like my naswer did not satisfie him. He asked me to wait, we will call again ( He did not ask me to pay the visa issuance fee). After 10 minuted he called me again, Asked me to pay the issuance fee. and go,.

That is it.

No Title

) How much time does it take to get the medical certificate from Dr. V, Can we have an appointment with Dr V the same day as go to the Listers lab. I am asking this question since I am not a local of Chennai and will book the hotel based upon this.

ANS: Yes, you can have both in the same day. I did that. Actually, I did lab on Tuesday. got the report around 4.30. Went to Dr.V around 5.PM. requested for an appointment ( I had the appointment on the next Thursday). She granted my request. So did medical on tuesday itself.

ANS: Though I have the tax returns, he never asked for that. In fact he returned my tax transcripts for 99 and 98. Do not worry. Tax reurns are not that important

ANS: Yes, please refer to the above post.

ANS: I used the OLD DS 230-II
ANS: cpourier

No Title

ON the back of DD I wrote My name and case number, for my wife I wrote her name and the case number for kid , her name and the case number