CP/Security Check/Administrative Processing

xgc

Registered Users (C)
My checklist request (ask more info) was received by NVC on Aug 7th, 2003 after initial PK3 received in July. However, three month later, my case is still not completed at NVC (normally only 8 wks).

After calling NVC, I was told "it has been reviewed but still in Administrative Processing, which is a precedure established after Sep 11 and no stardard estimated time available..". My lawyer told me "Administrative Processing" is just the name for internal processing and it is very likely my case is under security check since it has been so long.

Is there anyone here can offer some time estimate of this kind of security check?

Thanks in advance.

XGC (current status: Chinese Nationality, Canada resident and US H1B in IT)

Name check for Chinese

Thanks a lot for info in yahoo group. Montreal and GUZ consulars must have similar process, which is to get clearance from NVC/FBI/DOS. Would you please share your knowldge from that group by summarizing the process and time frame?

Thanks a lot for your posted information, I am sure many will benefit from your links.

It seems that Chinese would have a significant high portion to have a name "hit" due to name commonality, which will thus take much more than normal 30 days window.

Based on your experience and knowledge, is 120 days guidline a reliable figure for FBI clearance for Chinese whose case missed 30 days "ideal window"? What is the average in this situation?

Name Check timeline

Based on recent Chinese Cpers' experiences, FBI took anywhere from 5 weeks to 4 months to complete the Name Check. It took FBI 115 days to complete mine, and then 5 additional weeks for the results to reach GUZ. Presently, I am waiting for interviewing appointment.

How did you get the inof about when FBI start your case? What phone number to call? I called NVC, the ladies there always told me "it is Administrative Processing" and refuse to tell me when it started FBI checking.

Any advise appreciated.

FBI Nos.

You can send a fax to the FBI, to request VISA
REQUEST NAME CHECK status information at 202 324 3367, request should be directed to Ms. Susan Konotka, FBI National Name Check Program Unit Chief, they would need to know: your name, DOB, phone nos, your fax nos and other names
used, in addition, the names of your dependents over 16 years of age on your DS 230 application. They will respond in 3-5 days. Let me know how it goes. Good Luck!

It is amazing! How was you able to know these many useful information?

Best wishes for your interview.

Urgent: Interview dilemma with labor cert

Hi all,

I have my AC140 interview scheduled for December.
I have a substitute labor cert that was approved from TX where my consulting company HQ is.
However, I have been working in NJ for the past 4 years during which the labor was applied, i-140 approved etc.

Now I am getting nervous about the interview.

Would this issue be brought up at the interview?
If it is, any suggestions for a good explanation? I was thinking maybe I can say that since I am consultant I always have to travel to client sites and work rather than where the company HQ is.
At the least, I hope this is not considered as fraud.

Please help!

Thanks

Hi GUZ CP,

Please note I just dropped you a private message through this forum.

Thanks

XGC