CP requirements for Mumbai consulate

Apurwa

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am applying for CP @ Mumbai.

Please can anyone give me a list of requirements/documents needed for the same and also give me time frame from intial application to interview date?

Do I need to have an approved I-824 or a receipt of the same will do?

Does Mumbai consulate accepts attorney certified copy (AC) of I-140?

Thanks

Apurwa

Originally posted by Apurwa
Hi,

I am applying for CP @ Mumbai.

{I can help with some of the questions}

Please can anyone give me a list of requirements/documents needed for the same and also give me time frame from intial application to interview date?

{Research the forum and you will find the lists of documents}

Do I need to have an approved I-824 or a receipt of the same will do?

{You can apply with just the receipt}

Does Mumbai consulate accepts attorney certified copy (AC) of I-140?

{Yes}

Thanks

Apurwa

{my responses}

Raju

PCC from other countries

I was employed in OMAN for 5 months.
Do I need a PCC from that country ?

I am under the impression that we need PCC
from other countries if I have stayed there for more then 6 months.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
sai:

You are right! Here is the para from mumbai consulate web site:

"if the applicant has resided abroad since the age of 16 for periods of six months or more, then a police certificate might be required from that country, depending on which country it was. A full list of countries where police certificates are considered to be unavailable is at the National Visa Center web site."

Remember consulates from different country's have different requirements. As per NVC web site here is the requirement:
"IF the applicant lived in a different country for more than 12 months AND was 16 years or older at that time THEN the applicant needs a police certificate from the police authorities of that locality."

So my advice is that if you CP file will be processed @bbay then read the first para else the para by nvc.

Thanks kd,

Mine is mumbai consulate, and I have not stayed in any other
country except US, for more then 6 months.
That means I will need only the PCC from Indian consulate in US.

Thanks

Ac-140 No response from Mumbai consulate

Hi

I have applied for AC-140 through attorney. FedEx tracking shows Mumbai Consulate received it Nov 2003 first week.
Haven’t heard anything from Consulate yet. No case #.

Do need to call them, or I need to wait till I hear acceptance from consulate?

RIR, Labor approved in Jul 2001. I-140 approved in Sept 2003.

Thanks

Zapit.

sai:

Thats right you need only one pcc from the indian embassy in usa.
REmember if you have dependents you will need to get pcc's for them too!

zapit:

Although fedex has delivered the packet to the consulate, it takes about 2 weeks for consulate to open the packet and enter it in the consulate system at which point a case number is generated. So you may want to wait for another 8-10 days and then send an email/ call the bbay consulate to get a case number.

Once you get a bmb case number, expect interview about 2.5-3 months from that time!

AC140 mumbai

Zapit:

My package was recd by Mumbai on Oct 20 via fedex and I got the case # on Oct 27 (email to my lawyer). I was pleasantly surprised by the fast action by the consulate. My interview in on Jan 15. My advice is that you should be patient when it comes to dealing with the consulate!

Hope this helps.

KAT02

Thanks kd1403 and KAT02, I appreciate your response, it helps lot know what happens in such a process.

What is the validity period for PCC issued by Indian consulate. I have PCC issued in July 2003

Thanks

zapit

Indian PCc's as per bbay consulate are valid for 6 months. But best bet and what many are doing is sending an email to the consulate to reconfirm this.

Received pkt 4. Jan 27 Interview

Hi

Just to let you know, yesterday I received Packet 4 from the US Consulate Mumbai and Interview is scheduled for Jan 27. Letter is dated Dec 4, 2003.

This means that, Consulate scheduled this interview in first week of Dec. I did not get Case number, and No response to my email on Dec 15th.

Anyway it is good news. Thanks lot to people on this forum it helps lot.

Couple of questions please:

1) Only Documents that need to be Notarized are:
Employment letter (Original) (NOTARIZED
Affidavit of support for spouse I-134 (original and NOTARIZED)

Are original documents notarized are copy is to be notarized

2) What are the ways to carry money, for Fees and other expenses?
Other than travelers’ checks? Does ATM card works there?

3) I think this was asked on this forum, Does Consulate accepts DD only or US $ too are acceptable?

4) I have already done, Medical here in US for I-485 (Nov 2003), and have one open copy given to me by the doctor, + immunization record from Kaiser. Which Hospital will consider this and would be better?

5) Are the photos taken for I-485 & EAD, (side angle) will they be okay for medical?
We are planning to do medical on arrival.

zapit:

1) Only Documents that need to be Notarized are:
Employment letter (Original) (NOTARIZED
Affidavit of support for spouse I-134 (original and NOTARIZED)
Answer: TRUE

Are original documents notarized are copy is to be notarized
Answer: Carry 1 notarized employment letter, 1 photocopy of notarized employment letter for each dependent, notarized I-134 one for each dependent.

2) What are the ways to carry money, for Fees and other expenses? Other than travelers’ checks? Does ATM card works there?
Answer: I am guessing you are talking about CP processing fees which you havent paid in usa...is that right! Use SBI Bank Drafts/ DD or cashier checks! Check with consulate 1 week prior to your interview...since the exchange rate / fees may change!

3) I think this was asked on this forum, Does Consulate accepts DD only or US $ too are acceptable?
Answer: See above!

4) I have already done, Medical here in US for I-485 (Nov 2003), and have one open copy given to me by the doctor, + immunization record from Kaiser. Which Hospital will consider this and would be better?
Answer: Medicals done in usa may/ may not be accepted at consulate recommended hospitals in bbay. Generally they are accepted at any of the 3: Breach Candy, Hinduja, Lilavati!

5) Are the photos taken for I-485 & EAD, (side angle) will they be okay for medical?
Answer: Medical requires regular passport photos upto 3 per person. CP Interview requires 3 immigration style photos which u can get from my own photo studio near the bbay consulate!

Photo studio and hospital contact information on under this link:
http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=94430

Thanks KD.

Yes it is for paying fee there in DD ( I have not paid any fee here)
and for other personal expenses there.

(On my last visit to India, I never carried any money from here, doing first time)

Hi,

DS230 Part I, II and I-134: Can I use fill able form, to fill in & print on computer?
Rather than using consulate sent forms & writing by hand?

Thanks

Originally posted by Zapit
Hi,

DS230 Part I, II and I-134: Can I use fill able form, to fill in & print on computer?
Rather than using consulate sent forms & writing by hand?

Thanks

Yes, you can.

Raju

bags inside the consulate

There has lot advise on this forum to carry only open plastic bags for documents. No hand bags.

Are those 13- pockets, 26-pocket plastic document folder/ carry case we get in Office depot, Staples will do? They have rubber bands to close.
And bigger ones like 26 pockets have plastic clip clock & handle to carry,

Thanks

zapit:

Yes those 13 slot transparent folders with rubberbands at the end from office depot (about $8) are allowed at the consulate. Thats what i carried for my interview 2 months back!