Cp Postpone Question?

Sat Mat

Registered Users (C)
Is it possible to postpone a CP Interview.I have a date scheduled for August. Would prefer to go sometime during december. Is there a process to do this ??

Postpone

You will have to contact the consulate directly. IMO, you should try to do whatever it takes to make that first interview date.

Brian

postpone? yes

There are some cases when you absolutely HAVE to postpone your CP interview.

In my case, my CP interview was scheduled for January 2002, and we were expecting our baby in Jan 2002. So there was no way we could fly from the US to the consular post to attend the CP interview. So my lawyer requested the consulate to reschedule my interview.

I don't know the actual mechanics (what form to file etc.) I just know that it is possible. Talk to your lawyer, or maybe the folks here on the boards will be able to tell you.

Good luck
vtcat

On my appointment letter...

I don't know which consular you are having the interview and I can only tell about my consulate (Tokyo) but here's what it says on my appointment letter.

"If you cannot keep your appointment date, please send us a fax or letter requesting a new appointment....Please note that it can take two months or longer to set up a new appointment for visa interview."

Since you want the interview to be in December, I think you have a plenty of time. Why don't you contact your consulate now saying that you want it in December and see what they say?

Re: On my appointment letter...

Originally posted by Mitsy
Here's what it says on my appointment letter.

"If you cannot keep your appointment date, please send us a fax or letter requesting a new appointment....Please note that it can take two months or longer to set up a new appointment for visa interview."

Mumbai's letter says nothing about rescehduling.. They simply say that if you cannot keep this date, please contact this office at once.