CP or I-140&485 conc filing for VSC - PLEASE HELP

xoxpantherx0x

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,
Congratulations to all those recently approved.
Can anyone advise if its better to do CP (Montreal) or I-485 in terms of duration for VSC. Based on the current dates
I-140 is 10/15/2002 so about 13 months + 6 months to get CP right so about 19 months
I-485 is 01/15/2002 so about 22 months. Keeping apart the 'portability' issues and EAD is CP still advised over AOS. My worry with CP is them asking for W2s which for 2001 year mine were considerably lower than they should have been due to bench time. I am not expecting any bench this year or next so w2 situation will be much better.

I would really appreciate the experts out there with more experience than me to advise and assist on this matter.

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ALL YOUR HELP.

Considering time CP is better. Also since you are pretty much comfortable with the job this year and next year, so I think CP is not bad for you.

The best bet is file I-140/I-485 concurrently, so that if your I-140 is approved quickly which happens in most of the concurrent filing then you can go for consular processing with AC140(attorney certified) if your consular post accepts AC140.

THANKS !

Thanks Edison for your response.
So is w2 not a huge issue at consular interviews. I have heard and read in certain threads that they require 3 years of w2 and tax returns. My oldest year in that case would reflect half the w2 compared to the next 2 years. I am working in a small company ($900k in revenue and 10 employees) so heard its a hassle for applicants from similar companies.
Does my being Canadian (of Indian origin) assist in any way? I have heard lots of people comment "Oh you are Canadian -- your process should be easier".....although I feel that's just a myth.

Anyway thanks for your response once again.