CP or concurrent filing?? - Please help!

dilbert30

Registered Users (C)
all,

My labor cert (EB2/RIR) was recently approved (2-3 days ago) and I am at the stage of deciding if i should do cp or concurrent filing and I am confused!!!

I am totally new to this process and need all the help anyone can provide.

1) Can you provide me with some pointers that will help me decide if I should do CP or do a concurrent filing? Anyone in a similar situation - please feel free to share your thoughts.

2) Does the EAD and AP that you get need renewals? Is the AP valid for travel to India and getting back to the US at any time or is it for a fixed period of travel?

3) How long do I 485 applications take these days? I find that I 140 for CP is stuck at some place in March and I 140 for Concurrent is stuck at some place in Aug. Since concurrent filing involves the time for i-140 and i-485, it will be helpful to get a feel for how long i-485 takes.

Can someone point me to where I can info regarding the documentation needed for concurrent filing? (medical records, Pcc??, etc)

Thanks,

My labor cert (EB2/RIR) was recently approved (2-3 days ago) and I am at the stage of deciding if i should do cp or concurrent filing and I am confused!!!

1) Can you provide me with some pointers that will help me decide if I should do CP or do a concurrent filing? Anyone in a similar situation - please feel free to share your thoughts.

For CP, NO AC21, No EAD, visa officers decision final, no appeal, if file concurrent I-140 and I-485, option of AC21 and if any problem lawyers can help in US. With AOS you will get EAD, AP, if you don’t have any job insecurity for 2 years you can go for CP if job insecurity go for concurrent I-140 I-485 filing and also file AP, EAD and maintain H1 status till your I-140 is approved
2) Does the EAD and AP that you get need renewals?
---- Yes, one needs to renew EAD, you need AP for travel and AP is valid for 1 year from date of issue
Is the AP valid for travel to India and getting back to the US at any time
----- Before the date AP expires you should be back to US, you can visit India, no problems
or is it for a fixed period of travel?
---- 1 year from date of issue the AP is valid. Later you can get new AP

3) How long do I 485 applications take these days?

---- Many are waiting more than 2-3 years, all the service center have backlog of I-485, nobody knows when they will approve I hope USCIS has forgot that they have many I-485 pending

Can someone point me to where I can info regarding the documentation needed for concurrent filing? (medical records, Pcc??, etc)
---- Search the past threads; your lawyer will mail you the list of documents for I-485 filing. I-140 is filed by employer

For CP, NO AC21, No EAD, visa officers decision final, no appeal, if file concurrent I-140 and I-485, option of AC21 and if any problem lawyers can help in US. With AOS you will get EAD, AP, if you don’t have any job insecurity for 2 years you can go for CP if job insecurity go for concurrent I-140 I-485 filing and also file AP, EAD and maintain H1 status till your I-140 is approved
2) Does the EAD and AP that you get need renewals?
---- Yes, one needs to renew EAD, you need AP for travel and AP is valid for 1 year from date of issue
Is the AP valid for travel to India and getting back to the US at any time
----- Before the date AP expires you should be back to US, you can visit India, no problems
or is it for a fixed period of travel?
---- 1 year from date of issue the AP is valid. Later you can get new AP

3) How long do I 485 applications take these days?

---- Many are waiting more than 2-3 years, all the service center have backlog of I-485, nobody knows when they will approve I hope USCIS has forgot that they have many I-485 pending

---- Search the past threads; your lawyer will mail you the list of documents for I-485 filing. Copy of Passport pages, I-94 copy of both the sides, photographs, Birth certificate, H1 approval notice copy, recent pay stubs, copy of W-2, Medicals

I-140 is filed by employer.For I-140 you have to submit educational evaluations , copy of degree certificates, past exp letters.