• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

CP or AOS?

medical Frankfurt

Catseyes' thread is excellent, yet a general information. For Frankfurt, you will have the medical exam on the same day, after the interview. I just did it 5 weeks ago. I even called ahead that time and they told me that this is the suggested way to do it. Travel to F on Thu night, stay in a hotel or with friends and go there early in the morning ~ 7 am, I guess your appointment will be on 8 am. They will open at 7.30 am and you will be seen very soon. If you look up my posts, I gave a detailed interview experience in one of the threads. It started at 8 am and I was done with everything including the medical exam in center city before 12 pm. They will wait for the medical results, then send you the passport with the immigrant visa sticker inside after a couple of days.

There are also doctors in other German towns and you can do the medical in Berlin before the interview, if you wish.

Medical

Thanks again and again and again for the great info. At least we know we will not run out of time. :) More questions may come later, but thanks for all the help till now.

I was here on an F-1 and won DV2008 with EU19XXX. I went with CP. Everything went smoothly and I got my visa. I highly recommend doing CP.

Now I'm back in US.

Let me please digress for a little question:

Ludger, you seem to be in a similar situation: did you apply for a new SSN card through the box on the DS-230? Have you actually gotten a new card?

I'm waiting for a new SSN card that will replace the one which says I'm not eligible to work. I know many first-time appliers got their SSN's, but I wonder if anyone got their replacement cards through the same.

Thanks.

Pittsburgher

Last edited by a moderator:
...did you apply for a new SSN card through the box on the DS-230? Have you actually gotten a new card?...

I was told during the interview that they will take care of the social security replacement card and inform DHS. I had initially thought "no" would be the correct answer, as there should not be a new SSN and only the status changes, but they corrected it for me during the interview. I received my plastic GC last week, so I will just be waiting for the SSC for a while.
--------
05/03/07 NL1 CN2008EU0017XXX
03/07/08 NL2
04/11/08 interview Frankfurt, Germany
04/17/08 immigrant visa received
04/18/08 POE, PHL, PA
05/06/08 1st welcome letter
05/15/08 GREEN CARD, 2nd welcome letter