CP @ Mumbai

way2usa

Registered Users (C)
My case has arrived at the mumbai consulate from the NVC on 05th June, 2003. My visa category is F4. I would like to know the futher procedure by the Mumbai consulate. when would i receive an interview date ? Are there any chances for an August appointment.. ? I appreciate your responses.:)

how do I know that my case has reached Mumbai from NVC. do i have to call NVC for this information or I have to call Mumbai consulate . It is hard to get a chance to talk to Mumbai consulate . How long does Mumbai consulate take to relpy a mail . I have send 4 - 5 mail in last one month but they haven't answered yet . Is there in other way they will answer me .

wait

just save your energy and wait.

my AC140 papers reached them on may 23, and they created a case only on july 2.

they have not responded to any of my emails either. i suspect they are busy dealing with the huge increase in workload due to the 100% interviewing rule for B visas.

rohufish..

You can contact the Mumbai consulate on the telephone numbers 022-23637407 / 08 (for Mumbai consulate) and talk to an attendant in between 2 PM and 4 PM.. they would answer your questions.. my case is in Mumbai and they told me to contact them this week to find out about the interview.. let's wait and watch...:eek:

Soumi..

You can telephone the NVC and find out if they have transferred your case to Mumbai or not.. you would hear an Automated message.. they would also let you know the day it was sent.. it normally takes a week for the Mumbai consulate to enter your case details into their system after the case has been received by them.. refer to the telephone numbers for the Mumbai consulate posted above in this thread.. Remember to call them only in between 2 PM and 4 PM on their working days to talk to an attendant..I noticed that they aren't answering any emails from the last few days.. keep trying..;) Also, some people receive case transfer notification from the NVC..

OVERSUBSCRIPTION OF THE INDIA CHARGEABILITY

"Continued heavy applicant demand for Family preference numbers has required the oversubscription of the INDIA chargeability for July, to hold issuances within the annual numerical limitation. The result has been the establishment of a cut-off date in the Family Fourth (F4) category that is earlier than the Worldwide date. The oversubscription will only impact applicants in the INDIA Family Fourth preference category.:(

The oversubscription of the INDIA chargeability will have no impact on visa availability in the India Employment categories, which will remain “Current”.:D" -- Says the visa bulletin for July 2003. please post your interview dates if anyone of you receive an interview in August, 2003...