Cp ( Mumbai)

soumi

Registered Users (C)
i am going for consular Processing from Mumbai . After approval of I -140 , what will be the next step ? can anyone help me in that . do i have to ask for an interview date or they will give a date for interview ?
thanks.

which hospital is best for medical examination in Mumbai ? does any one know what tests are taken and how long does the whole process takes to complete ? do i have to keep 2-3 days for medical examination or 1 day is ok ?
can i do the medical tests just the day before my interview ? does Green Card get cancelled because of medical tests ?

soumi,

i've written some responses below. Hope it helps!

which hospital is best for medical examination in Mumbai ?
- hinduja is good - dont know about the others

does any one know what tests are taken and how long does the whole process takes to complete ?
it takes about 3-4 hours - they do blood tests for infectous diseases like HIV and x-rays

do i have to keep 2-3 days for medical examination or 1 day is ok ?
1 day is OK and it is recommened to do this 3 days before the actual interview

can i do the medical tests just the day before my interview ?
yes

does Green Card get cancelled because of medical tests ?
don't know the answer to this one..

All the best!
spulapak

thanks a lot for your help .

do we have to submit our current passport as well as old one . I have one before marrige and the other one with my last name and address changed . do i have to submit both passports at the time of interview or only the recent one . will they ask for the old one if i don't submit it at the time of interview.

even my husband has a old and a current passport .
what do we do ?

thanks.

thanks spulapak

i will take both my passports with me just in case they ask . do they normally ask ? do i have to give both the passports along with the papers ? or wait till they ask . what does people generally do ?

thanks

Originally posted by soumi
thanks spulapak

i will take both my passports with me just in case they ask . do they normally ask ? do i have to give both the passports along with the papers ? or wait till they ask . what does people generally do ?

thanks

You should always carry all your passports together. Submit both
of them at the Consulate window. Normally they are stapled
together.(last page of new passport to the first page of expired
passport)

Raju

Thanks a lot to all of you . you all have been a great help . all your answers are agreat help for me and my husband. I have a few querys . hope you all will help me .
1) I don't have my Birth Certificate . i got one done from Indian Embassy in US . Yesterday i got my packet 3 where it says " A statement from the Embassy or High Commission concerning your birth is not acceptable." So do i have to affivavit my birth ? how can this be done ?

2) It is also written " if you are married, your passport should be amended to reflect your marriage. " My name is already endorsed in my husbands passport . should my name be endorsed in his passport too ? if yes , how can we do that ? do we have to change the passport and get a new one for my husband? isn't it a big problem to change the passport and get a new one ?

3) I worked in Myanmar ( burma ) for more than a year.It is about 4 years ago . Burma(Myanmar) consulate is ready to give a statement that i was not arrested or engaged in any crime there. Is this kind of certificate is enough as a PCC . In packet 3 they have mentioned that PCC has to obtained from police authorities of that area .

4) do we need a local PCC from India? we are getting one from Indian Embassy . is this ok . or do i have to ask my family in India to get a local PCC from there .

please help me .
thanks in advance.

1) I don't have my Birth Certificate . i got one done from Indian Embassy in US . Yesterday i got my packet 3 where it says " A statement from the Embassy or High Commission concerning your birth is not acceptable." So do i have to affivavit my birth ? how can this be done ?
Answer: Yes, you will need to get 2 seperate affidavits of birth from 1 from each parent, or from family members such as elder siblings/ relatives like uncle, aunts. This Affidavit needs to be on a Rs. 20 stamp paper which you can get from any lawyer in India. I am including a affidavit template (attachment) that I used which you can have typed on your affidavits. Get it signed by your parents/ relatives and then notarized by lawyer.

2) It is also written " if you are married, your passport should be amended to reflect your marriage. " My name is already endorsed in my husbands passport . should my name be endorsed in his passport too ? if yes , how can we do that ? do we have to change the passport and get a new one for my husband? isn't it a big problem to change the passport and get a new one ?
Answer: I have personally not done this although i have been married for 3+ years and expecting October interview coz
my lawyer told me that existing passports along with marriage certificates will work. Endorsing spouses name on each others passports can be done when you apply for passport extensions. This is what my lawyers told me.

3) I worked in Myanmar ( burma ) for more than a year.It is about 4 years ago . Burma(Myanmar) consulate is ready to give a statement that i was not arrested or engaged in any crime there. Is this kind of certificate is enough as a PCC . In packet 3 they have mentioned that PCC has to obtained from police authorities of that area .
Answer: My impression is that BURMA PCC should be sufficient as long as it follows the similar text as in India PCC stating that you had not police record in Burma during your stay. I got a certificate from CG India NY office stating something similar. But you may want to take someone elses opinion on this.

4) do we need a local PCC from India? we are getting one from Indian Embassy . is this ok . or do i have to ask my family in India to get a local PCC from there .
Answer: Mumbai Consulate site explicitly states only 1 pcc from Indian Embassy should be sufficient as long as it was issued less than or equal to 6 months prior to the interview.