CP issue - Help Needed

raji_needs_GC

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I am pursuing my CP at Chennai. I am going to be receiving Pckt 3 Next week. Based on the time schedules, (St. Louis -2 Weeks, NVC Review - 6 Weeks and Interview from Chennai 4 Weeks) My probable time of travel to Chennai might be End of Nov or First/Second week of DEC. My wife is 9 weeks pregnant. So adding 12 weeks to that, She will be around 21 weeks when the interview is scheduled. The questions are :

a. Can an airline decline to board my wife becoz she is 5 months pregnant? If yes, what happens to our CP?

b. I read somewhere that she can "follow to join"? What does that mean? Can she stay here in the US and then go to India to get her GC after she delivers the baby while I go to India in DEC to get my GC? If yes, should I still be employed with my current company till she can go?

All your inputs in relieving my stress will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Srini

Answers:

a. I am not a medical doctor, but at 5 months your wife is safe to fly. My wife flew when she was 7 months pregnant and there was no problem. That is as long as the aircraft is pressurized (of course all big airplanes are).

b. Follow to join means you enter the US before her. I don't think that refers to interview date.

HTH.

Originally posted by raji_needs_GC
Hi all,

a. Can an airline decline to board my wife becoz she is 5 months pregnant? If yes, what happens to our CP?

b. I read somewhere that she can "follow to join"? What does that mean? Can she stay here in the US and then go to India to get her GC after she delivers the baby while I go to India in DEC to get my GC? If yes, should I still be employed with my current company till she can go?

All your inputs in relieving my stress will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Srini

Employment

Thanks for the input. Assuming she comes into the country later, is it a must that I need to stick onto my present employer till then??

srini

Hello Srini,
I saw your post on cptracker.com. Thanks for the information. If you don't mind I would like to know how much time took for your I-140 approval.
I trying to understand the time differences between the AOS and CP.
Thanks a Lot
Rvalla

approval of I-140

rvalla,

AOS(I-485) or CP has no impact on the approval time period of I-140. AOS and CP are just two different routes to get GC after I-140 has been approved.

Thanks.