CP Interview questions/issues

rrajendr

Registered Users (C)
Urgent: CP Interview questions/issues

Hi
This is a urgent request, could experienced gurus please assist me on this. My/my wife’s interview has been scheduled for July 2007 at Chennai, India for Consular processing EB based Green card with me as the primary applicant. We have a very new born US citizen kid. I had the below questions, could CP gurus please answer:

1.Is it ok not to take the kid for the CP interview at Chennai, India and leave the kid temporarily at US itself?
2.Is there any documents needed for our interview as stated above, from our new US citizen kid perspective? If so, what are those?
--a)Is it ok not to carry those since they are not immediately available? What are the implications if you don’t carry those set of documents?
3.What happens to the CP application if I decide to file AOS at this point? Can the CP and AOS be simultaneously active till I get the GC based on one of them?
--a)If AOS alone will be active after filing, till when can I benefit a GC based on CP ie Is there a chance that the GC could again be rescheduled based on CP though I file for AOS?

Thanks for replying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your kid does not need to travel nor do they ask for any documentation. I would strongly recommend against going for AOS at this stage because it will delay your GC for an unknown period of time (maybe many years). I would call up Chennai consulate, explain the situation and reschedule the interview for a later date. But what is stopping you from taking your kid to India?

Not agree with hopeful

Rajender, Please make sure you carry BIRTH CERTIFICATE of all US born kids, this is must event through they don't need immigration benefit, but they ask for producing it.

-vmn
Your kid does not need to travel nor do they ask for any documentation. I would strongly recommend against going for AOS at this stage because it will delay your GC for an unknown period of time (maybe many years). I would call up Chennai consulate, explain the situation and reschedule the interview for a later date. But what is stopping you from taking your kid to India?

Hi mvm,veryhopeful
Could you please confirm which is the appropriate answer? Both seem to be contradicting. Can you please share your personal experiences on exactly what the answers are for those questions.

Other CP Gurus
Could you please answer the question.

It is kind of urgent as I am trying to find a solution for it now.

Thanks

Hi
This is a urgent request, could experienced gurus please assist me on this. My/my wife’s interview has been scheduled for July 2007 at Chennai, India for Consular processing EB based Green card with me as the primary applicant. We have a very new born US citizen kid. I had the below questions, could CP gurus please answer:

1.Is it ok not to take the kid for the CP interview at Chennai, India and leave the kid temporarily at US itself?
2.Is there any documents needed for our interview as stated above, from our new US citizen kid perspective? If so, what are those?
--a)Is it ok not to carry those since they are not immediately available? What are the implications if you don’t carry those set of documents?
3.What happens to the CP application if I decide to file AOS at this point? Can the CP and AOS be simultaneously active till I get the GC based on one of them?
--a)If AOS alone will be active after filing, till when can I benefit a GC based on CP ie Is there a chance that the GC could again be rescheduled based on CP though I file for AOS?

Thanks for replying.

I can only say that it is clearly written in packaet 4 received from new delhi that you need to carry birth certificate of your kids even if they are not applying or appearing for immigrant visa. They don't need to be physically present there.

If you want more clarification, send email to your consulate and ask them or check your packet 4.

-vmn
Hi mvm,veryhopeful
Could you please confirm which is the appropriate answer? Both seem to be contradicting. Can you please share your personal experiences on exactly what the answers are for those questions.

Other CP Gurus
Could you please answer the question.

It is kind of urgent as I am trying to find a solution for it now.

Thanks

Regarding proceeding with CP and AOS both, most attorney will advice you not to try to sail 2 boats at the same time. It is risky game and could cause harm, eventhough couple brave poeple have done this.

wish you good luck!

-vmn
Hi

Thanks for replying.

Continue with CP.

Please continue with CP. All I know from friends is that the Interview is really smooth and you will not have any problems. As hope said, please carry the birth certificate from US for your kid which can be obtained on a fast processing in 2 weeks from the USPS if u pay $200 extra.

On the other hand do you have your PCC ready for the CP?

Also you can email the consulate explaining the situation and they will certainly change the interview date for you. But do not go for AOS.. You might end up waiting for more years....

Please share your info on the priority, wen you applied for 140, when you applied fo DS 230 and how much time it took from NVC till the interview Journey. I would really appreciate your response.

I might be in the same boat as you when the interview is scheduled..

If you have the birth certificate definitely carry it. Myself and my friend had CP interview last week in Mumbai. Both of us were not asked to produce the birth cert. THey did ask whether we have any US born kids. Hope this answers your question.

Hi Manish, veryhopeful, bluez25
Thanks for your responses. Could you confirm whether the US born kid's birth certificate alone is needed from the US born Kid's perspective and there are no other documents needed. I heard that I-134 (for kid, the Affidavit of statement), US passport of kid, SSN of kid etc might also be needed. Could you please confirm on it and tell me whether your personal experience on just carrying US Birth certificate alone for the US born kid was ok.

Thanks
I can only say that it is clearly written in packaet 4 received from new delhi that you need to carry birth certificate of your kids even if they are not applying or appearing for immigrant visa. They don't need to be physically present there.

If you want more clarification, send email to your consulate and ask them or check your packet 4.

-vmn

Please continue with CP. All I know from friends is that the Interview is really smooth and you will not have any problems. As hope said, please carry the birth certificate from US for your kid which can be obtained on a fast processing in 2 weeks from the USPS if u pay $200 extra.

On the other hand do you have your PCC ready for the CP?

Also you can email the consulate explaining the situation and they will certainly change the interview date for you. But do not go for AOS.. You might end up waiting for more years....

Please share your info on the priority, wen you applied for 140, when you applied fo DS 230 and how much time it took from NVC till the interview Journey. I would really appreciate your response.

I might be in the same boat as you when the interview is scheduled..
yes, i do have PCC . i have been waiting for my interview chance for the last 3 years and one thing i meticulously did was get the PCC again and again :). Mine is a 2003 PD and I-140 applied on start of 2004 and DS 230 applied on end of 2004.