• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

CP interview Preparation

levelheaded

Registered Users (C)
I have my interview in Sep, I am currently in OPT with H1b approval notice, should I take my h1 approval notice as well or just leave it off....I don't want to give consular the impression I could go without a GC since I have H1 already approved, but at the same time I want to show I have maintained my status and prepared well for future in terms of employment with my current company. I know this is not really a problem but still wondering if anyone had been in similar situation.

I would just bring it but dont show it unless they ask you.
I was on working visa before I got the green card, so yeah I have everything with me, but since they dont ask me, I dont show it. But they are aware of my 'status' at the time so I guess that's the reason they dont ask to see my paperwork.

...should I take my h1 approval notice as well or just leave it off....I don't want to give consular the impression I could go without a GC since I have H1 already approved...

They dont care...I was in TN status all thru the DV process, and when I showed up, the officer asked what my status in US was since I already had a US address & US paystubbs, and I casually told him I was on TN.

He nodded and said, "that's the NAFTA based employment status, right?" and proceeded with whatever data entry details he needed...and in the end, gave me my passport back without removing the i-94's that showed my TN status.

thanks for the suggestion guys...i will just take them along and if he asks anything about h1 i will show it..