• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

CP Interview in Middle East for DV2007

dv2007us

Registered Users (C)
I am a winner from DV2007. I recently was informed my interview (Consular processing) is beginning of August 2007 at the US Embassy in the Middle East. I currently live in the US. I would like to know how well in advance of my interview date should I arrive there? Also, how long does the medical take and does it need to be done before or after the interview?

Finally, did anyone travel outside of the US after receiving notification of the CP Interview and then returned back to the US before leaving again for the interview? Is this permitted?

Thanks.

Hi
My interview was scheduled on May 2007. I was in USA for F-1 visa i left 10 days before interview. I have all my papers ready. Just did my medical exam (it will take 2 days to get it ready). Interview is easy if u have all papers ready.
For your second question i donot know but i donot think there is any problem if u leave and come back if your old visa is still valid. During your interview they will cancel any valid visa u have in your passport.

Hi
My interview was scheduled on May 2007. I was in USA for F-1 visa i left 10 days before interview. I have all my papers ready. Just did my medical exam (it will take 2 days to get it ready). Interview is easy if u have all papers ready.
For your second question i donot know but i donot think there is any problem if u leave and come back if your old visa is still valid. During your interview they will cancel any valid visa u have in your passport.

Thanks for the info. I am also on an F1. If I'm employed by the university as well, do I also need to show a bank statement? Did you show a bank statement and if so, how much funds did you show? Also, do I need to take an original degrees that I have, or will photocopies suffice? Also, can I do the medical in the US or does it have to be done by a doctor in the same country where one has their interview? Also, how long do I need to be in the country after my interview? Do they issue the reply on the same day? Is it just an envelope? I also have not received my 2nd package from KCC yet. They said they will mail it next week - how long did it take to receive the package from the mailing date within the US for you? Thank you very much.

Thanks for the info. I am also on an F1. If I'm employed by the university as well, do I also need to show a bank statement? Did you show a bank statement and if so, how much funds did you show? Also, do I need to take an original degrees that I have, or will photocopies suffice? Also, can I do the medical in the US or does it have to be done by a doctor in the same country where one has their interview? Also, how long do I need to be in the country after my interview? Do they issue the reply on the same day? Is it just an envelope? I also have not received my 2nd package from KCC yet. They said they will mail it next week - how long did it take to receive the package from the mailing date within the US for you? Thank you very much.
I showed them a letter that i am working inside the univ with my total salary per year. They asked for my W2 for the year 2006. And i showed them my saving account the last 6 months statemnts (3000 USD ONLY). I showed them original degrees and u must do your medical in the country of the interview. They told me everything is fine and we will issue u immigrant visa but we will cancel your f1 visa. the process took 4 days after interview i recieved my passport with immigrant visa on it. The mail takes 3-4 days to reach u if u r in USA.