CP Interview Experience

kjagdish_6

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I finally received my Green Card yesterday. My wife got hers 2 weeks ago. Here are the filing dates.

I-140 (EB1) filed in July 2006 (Approved in 2 weeks)
I-485 sent to NVC in September 2007
Interview notification from Chennai US Consulate on January 17, 2007
Interview at Chennai on February 12, 2007
Received the passports on February 20, 2007
Validation stamp in the passport on February 28, 2007
Welcome Letter (wife) on March 6, 2007
Green Card (wife) received on March 7, 2007
Welcome Letter (mine) on March 7, 2007
Green Card (mine) on April 9, 2007

I got my PCC from Indian Consulate in SFO and my wife had to get two PCCs (one from the passport office in Bhopal) and the other one from Bangalore Police Commissioner's office. As for the brith certificate, I could not get one from the municipal authorities. The consulate accepted my school leaving certificate as the proof of DOB.

We had to submit all our documents at the VFS Bangalore office 2 weeks prior to our interview. The VFS guys told my wife that she had to get PCC from the passport office as well. We did not have enough time to get a PCC for my wife from the Indian Consulate in SFO, so we chose to get hers from India. Our Consular interview was at 8:00 AM.

Our documents were first reviewed by an Indian officer. She asked me to justify why my case was filed in EB1-OR category. (weird! I didn't know Indian officers would ask these questions). She asked my wife whether she would be interested in working after she got her GC. After this, we waited for about an hour before the American officer interviewed us. She asked us the following questions:

1. When did we get married?
2. How did we meet?
3. Asked me to talk about some of the awards I received
4. Asked me to show her my BE and MS degree certificates

She then asked us to take the oath, took our finger prints and told us that our passports would be dispatched in a week's time. Our port of entry was SFO. It took us almost 4 hours to finish the immigration formalities.

Documents I submitted for the Consular Interview:

DS230 (Originals + Copies)
Employment Verification Letter (HR, Notarized)
Letter from my Manager (Notarized)
W2s, Tax returns of the past 3 years and copies
PCC from Indian Consulate in SFO
School Leaving Certificate (for Birth Certificate; Original + copy)
Degree Certificates
Pay stubs (6 months)
Current Bank Balance Letter + 6 months Bank statements
Immigration style photographs (4)
Medical records + Immunization
Past I94s, I20, Student EAD card, Past H1B approvals
Marriage Certificate and Wedding Pictures
I134 - Affidavit of support

Thanks to everyone who has answered all my questions and thanks to the moderators for maintaining such a useful forum. If any of you have questions, please send me a private message and I will respond.

Thanks,
Krishna

Hi Krisha: Thanks for sharing interview and process in detail.
Did consulate asked you to submit Manager letter, paystubs, W2s, Tax returns or you submitted as a precation.
Thanks for response
regards
timrat

Timrat,
While the Consulate asked me to submit the pay stubs, W2s and Tax returns, I submitted the manager letter as an additional document.
-Krishna

How long did the consulate take for your name check? Was it done before your interview was scheduled?

Timrat,
While the Consulate asked me to submit the pay stubs, W2s and Tax returns, I submitted the manager letter as an additional document.
-Krishna

I guess it was done before my interview was scheduled. After my papers were sent to NSC, it took about 4 months to hear from the US Consulate, Chennai. Hope this helps

Hello kjagdish_6,

My wife will be having her CP interview soon. For her, we will need to get a PCC from Bhopal as well. Here are my few questions:

1. What is the process of getting a PCC from Passport office in Bhopal? Did you have someone go there personally or did you go through a passport agent? Did they have a standard form that they used or typed a custom one for your wife?

2. Will it be possible for you to send me the text of the PCC both from passport office as well as from the local police commissioners's office?

In our case, the local city is a small city and my guess is they may not know what to write. So it certainly will be a big help for us. I can send you my personal email and you can respond to that in case you are not comfortable posting it here. Thanks.

Hello,

I finally received my Green Card yesterday. My wife got hers 2 weeks ago. Here are the filing dates.

I-140 (EB1) filed in July 2006 (Approved in 2 weeks)
I-485 sent to NVC in September 2007
Interview notification from Chennai US Consulate on January 17, 2007
Interview at Chennai on February 12, 2007
Received the passports on February 20, 2007
Validation stamp in the passport on February 28, 2007
Welcome Letter (wife) on March 6, 2007
Green Card (wife) received on March 7, 2007
Welcome Letter (mine) on March 7, 2007
Green Card (mine) on April 9, 2007

I got my PCC from Indian Consulate in SFO and my wife had to get two PCCs (one from the passport office in Bhopal) and the other one from Bangalore Police Commissioner's office. As for the brith certificate, I could not get one from the municipal authorities. The consulate accepted my school leaving certificate as the proof of DOB.

We had to submit all our documents at the VFS Bangalore office 2 weeks prior to our interview. The VFS guys told my wife that she had to get PCC from the passport office as well. We did not have enough time to get a PCC for my wife from the Indian Consulate in SFO, so we chose to get hers from India. Our Consular interview was at 8:00 AM.

Our documents were first reviewed by an Indian officer. She asked me to justify why my case was filed in EB1-OR category. (weird! I didn't know Indian officers would ask these questions). She asked my wife whether she would be interested in working after she got her GC. After this, we waited for about an hour before the American officer interviewed us. She asked us the following questions:

1. When did we get married?
2. How did we meet?
3. Asked me to talk about some of the awards I received
4. Asked me to show her my BE and MS degree certificates

She then asked us to take the oath, took our finger prints and told us that our passports would be dispatched in a week's time. Our port of entry was SFO. It took us almost 4 hours to finish the immigration formalities.

Documents I submitted for the Consular Interview:

DS230 (Originals + Copies)
Employment Verification Letter (HR, Notarized)
Letter from my Manager (Notarized)
W2s, Tax returns of the past 3 years and copies
PCC from Indian Consulate in SFO
School Leaving Certificate (for Birth Certificate; Original + copy)
Degree Certificates
Pay stubs (6 months)
Current Bank Balance Letter + 6 months Bank statements
Immigration style photographs (4)
Medical records + Immunization
Past I94s, I20, Student EAD card, Past H1B approvals
Marriage Certificate and Wedding Pictures
I134 - Affidavit of support

Thanks to everyone who has answered all my questions and thanks to the moderators for maintaining such a useful forum. If any of you have questions, please send me a private message and I will respond.

Thanks,
Krishna

My interview was scheduled in the month of june. 1)
I would like to know we have to submit the all orginal documents to VHS before 15 days . If so what are the documents we have to provide during the consular intervew?

I contacted Chennai consulate. They sent me an e-mail saying that, you need to submit the documents atleast 10 working days. BTW. when is your interview?? Mine is on June 25th

I contacted Chennai consulate. They sent me an e-mail saying that, you need to submit the documents atleast 10 working days. BTW. when is your interview?? Mine is on June 25th

My intereview is scheduled on june 22nd .Did you start collecting documents..Do you have police certificates ready

Last edited by a moderator:
HI - All

I just came to know yesterday that my interview in Mumbai is scheduled for June 5th 2007. I dont know if I have to send all documentation ( including medical stuff ) that I need to do 7 working days before the interview date as I dont think I can reach Mumbai in the next 3 days and also get the paperwork in place.

Can anyone help me if it is fine that I provide all this information 4-5 working days before my interview.

KP:)

Hello

http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/ivpktfour.html

Packet Four - Information for Immigrant Visa Applicants
We have scheduled an appointment for you to come to this office and formally apply for an immigrant visa. All members of your family immigrating with you must appear with you for the appointment. Each person immigrating, regardless of age, requires a separate visa. If you cannot keep your visa appointment, please notify this office at 2363-7407, Email:MumbaiIV@state.gov

Required documents should be presented in the following order for each applicant. Please use the checklist below to be sure that you have collected all the documents for the interview. You will not be issued a visa unless you have all the required documents. If you will not have all the documents for your scheduled interview, please call/write us to reschedule.

Hope this will help

Hi,
I would like to go for CP processing once my priority date become current. I am trying to analyse what are the risk involve in CP processing as supposed to AOS (Adjustment of Status). Can anyone like to anwer my question?

Thanks
Mahendra

Document submission 10 days in advance

I have my interview scheduled on june 22nd. They say on the website that I have to submit documents atleast 10 days in advance and it seems they also want to see the passport. If I can't be there 10 days before the interview, can somebody submit my documents with passport photocopy only ?

My Interview is on 6/26

This is the response I got from VFS

Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for your mail,

You need to arrange for the doc umen ts mentioned in the checklist, carry the doc umen ts for submission while you visit the VFS Centre for paying the VFS charges between 7 to 10 working days prior to the appointment dates given to you.

Regards,
VFS Team
RF.
www.vfs-usa.co.in

This e-mail is only for the use of its intended recipient. Its contents are confidential and privileged. If you have received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the e-mail and its contents from your computer. VFS does not guarantee that this e-mail has not been intercepted and amended or that it is virus free.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Monday, May 21, 2007 9:47 PM
To: infomumbai@vfs-usa.co.in
Subject: Immigrant Visa Interview Scheduled for June 26th

Hello,

I have been scheduled for Immigrant Visa Interview (E3) on June 26th 2007.

I understand from your website that I would need to submit documents 10 - 7 days in advance of my appointment. Which Documents do I need to submit ?

Do these have to be submitted 7 days earlier ? Can they be submitted one day before the interview ?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Nagesh Kelkar

Hi,

I also realized today that I have been scheduled for June 12th visa interview in Mumbai.

Similar to post above, I live in the California and I am not sure how I will be able to submit these documents to the VFS in 7-10 before the interview?

Do I need to fedex the documents to them??

Pls help me with providing your opinion.

Thanks,
Amit

You will have to submit the documents along with medical reports. Essentially you need to be in India to do so. Good luck..

You also need to carry your passport with you.
In theory someone else can submit the documents to VFS, but they need to see your original passport. SO if you are living outside India, you have just one option..... Go to India.

By the way how long does it take to get a PCC from Indian Consulate NY ?
I had actually applied for one in Jan 2005 (But it is now expired). They stamped my pssport with PCC issued back then.