CP Info after 1-140 approval

Re: Bar Code ?

Originally posted by vm1214
Hi KD,
My lawyer has asked to fill in DS-230 part I couple of weeks back and did that, so what is the bar code you were talking above I am not clear on that and can the lawyer directly send the filled DS-230 part I to NVC or they should wait till NVC asks for it ?

Suggest please

Thanks

The NVC has adopted the practive of sending a bar-coded
sheet along with the bill for fee, and also in Packet 3.

The candidate is required to send this sheet back with the
payment in the first instance and with DS 230 in the second.

This sheet helps the NVC personnel in accessing your information
quickly, and matching your response to your case.

Your attorney would have this sheet with him/ her and would
enclose it to the DS 230 that you filled , before sending out
the packet. (If he has not received the packet 3 yet, then they
would wait for it )

Raju

Last edited by a moderator:
KD, Raju and other cp gurus...

I got the AVM as 'case completed', what does it mean? I guess they have completed the P3 review, right?

Can i expect to know my interview date in 1-2 months?

Thanks
Sameer

Though i am not a CP Guru, I can answer your question as per my experience.

My case was completed on 20th April. [This means that the Packet 3 is in order and has been accepted by the NVC.]

The case was forwarded to the Embassy on 29th April when the AVRS message changed to "NVC has completed the processing of this application and has forwarded it to the Embassy or Consulate in New Delhi on April 29th, 2004. Please contact the Embassy or Consulate with further questions". [This is the physical transfer of the file to the Embassy].

It would be unrealistic to expect an interview within two months, though possible. The third month is more likely especially if you are interviewing at the busier consulates like Chennai.

P_L

Hello P_L,

Thanks for the reply and appreciate the information on next step too.

After the case transfered to consulate, can i call them in 1-2 weeks time frame to know where my application stands in?

Thanks again!

Sameer :)

spkumar:

I concur with pitambar 100%. Expect file to be transferred to the consulate in about 1 week. Call the consulate in about 2-3 weeks from now. And expect the interview in about 2.5-3 months from now. You last NVC AVM should read "P3 reviwed and file mailed to consulate" This is what you will hear next week around Friday (if not today)!

pitambar:

Guru need not be somoene who has x number of postings. You are a guru as you were able to answer the posting correclty. What i am trying to get at her is that Rajiv has made the investment and concerted effort. I, you and many others have learnt a lot from this site and once we learn it is time to give back the information which is what you did. Not trying to be senti/ philosophical!:)

Hi,

My case AVM says 'Case is completed and forwarded to Madras consulate', any questions, directing me to contact consulate directly.

How will i know if the chennai consulate reviewed my case, will they respond to email. As per forum, i will contact consulate after a week or so.

Thanks
Sameer

Originally posted by spkumar123
How will i know if the chennai consulate reviewed my case, will they respond to email. As per forum, i will contact consulate after a week or so.

Sameer,

The consulate most likely will not update you in time. You'll have to be a bit proactive in calling the consulate periodically to get your info.

I don't know if Chennai posts the schedule on the web. But for BOM, typically the schedule for the next mo. is on the web by 15th and if you call the consulate a week before, you might get your interview date.

alren, thanks for the email.

I called the consulate today, they said they have received my packet 3. When i asked, they said, i could expect an interview in July.
My lawyer represent my case, Who will receive my packet 4? My self oy my lawyer?

I have another question, i requested a copy of my tax returns from IRS (paying $29, check was encashed long time back!) almost a month from now, i haven't received them. What is the normal time frame to get the copy of tax returns. I also requested a free tax trascripts.

Appreciate any input to my questions. :)

spkumar123 said:
I called the consulate today, they said they have received my packet 3. When i asked, they said, i could expect an interview in July.
My lawyer represent my case, Who will receive my packet 4? My self oy my lawyer?

I have another question, i requested a copy of my tax returns from IRS (paying $29, check was encashed long time back!) almost a month from now, i haven't received them. What is the normal time frame to get the copy of tax returns. I also requested a free tax trascripts.

Good to know your progress.

Your lawyer will rec. Pkt. 4. I'm not sure about MDR, but BMB will provide a duplicate packet to friend/relative. You might want to check on that. Most likely the forum will have your answer.

I've no idea about the tax returns. Unless you do not have a copy, it is not required. The tax transcripts are enough. The tax transcripts take less then 10 days to rec. from request date.

spkumar:

I concur with alren on tax topic.

As far as P4 is concerned, 2 are mailed to usa around 5-10th of the month (May for June interviews). And from usa 1 is mailed to attorneys and another to the candidate. Plus if you wish you can request by phone that 1 copy be mailed to your indian address or have one of yur folks pick it up from the consulate by providing first + last name / case number!

kd1403 said:
Plus if you wish you can request by phone that 1 copy be mailed to your indian address or have one of yur folks pick it up from the consulate by providing first + last name / case number!

Hey kd,

Is the mail thingy still available? I was under the impression, they don't do that anymore. I would like that to happen though!!!

alren:

I do not see a reason why they would stop that service. I knwo someone as late as MArch 04 who did this! Just call and inform them that you will not be in a position to get your P4 in usa (due to travel within usa or something like that...i doubt they ask for a reason either) and hence would like for the P4 duplicate to be mailed to an indian address.

CP Gurus,

I got PCC for self and my wife yesterday (NY Consulate). My wife is planning to go to India early and i leave after confirmation of my interview date. When i called the consulate, they said, interview can expect in the month of july'04.

1. Do my wife have to fill-in any forms before she leave US??
2. Can i request a duplicate copy of P4 sent to my home in India?
3. I just got one affidavit of support notarized, do i need to have one for each applicant or just one including all in the affidavit?

Any input to my questions really appreciated.

Thanks for KD, Raju, alren and all members in the forum.

Thanks
SPKumar :)

spkumar:

Answer: No.
==========================================================

Answer: YEs. You can call the consulate and give them indian address or have your folks pick it up in person.

++========================================================

3. I just got one affidavit of support notarized, do i need to have one for each applicant or just one including all in the affidavit?
Answer: 1 I-134 per derivative candidate who will be going for the gc interview. So i fyou have a child then you will need 1 I-134 for your wife and 1 for your child assuming your child is not a USA citizen and hence needs a GC.

spkumar123 said:
CP Gurus,

I got PCC for self and my wife yesterday (NY Consulate). My wife is planning to go to India early and i leave after confirmation of my interview date. When i called the consulate, they said, interview can expect in the month of july'04.

Any input to my questions really appreciated.

Thanks for KD, Raju, alren and all members in the forum.

Thanks
SPKumar :)

kd has given appropriate answers to your questions.

Raju

KD, Raju, Thanks for your reply.

My son is an US citizen, so as per your response, I134 is required only for my wife who is a derivative candidate.

Thanks a lot! :)

spkumar:

YEs you are right. Only one notarized I-134 is required for your wife. All the best!

kd1403 said:
spkumar:

YEs you are right. Only one notarized I-134 is required for your wife. All the best!

Kd, don't we still take the responsibility of the US citizen kid so don't we need to provide the consulate affidavit of support for the kid.

vm1214 said:
Kd, don't we still take the responsibility of the US citizen kid so don't we need to provide the consulate affidavit of support for the kid.

Somewhere in other threads, I have opined on the same point. In response to
a specific query I told the candidate to carry a filled I-134 for the US born kid
also, since I feel, just as you do, that the parent is liable for support.

It is also a fact that lots of candidates have attended their interview without
such affidavits and came out clean.

If a candidate wants to be be extra cautious then he/ she should carry an
affidavit and only show it if asked.

Raju

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: document list

My I-140 is just approved and I am filing I-824 for CP (Delhi). I am in the document collection phase. My questions are:

1. Is it compulsory/required to send ORIGINAL I-140 for CP ?
2. Is the document list on www.immihelp.com sufficient ?
3. Is the cover-letter shown on immi.help site sufficient (looks too simple) ?
4. Is ORIGINAL of I-824 receipt required or a copy will do ?

Thank you.