CP Info after 1-140 approval

spkumar123

Registered Users (C)
Hi, I am new to this site and have few questions.

My I140 approved on March 1st, 2004.
my case details:
EB2 - Chennai consular post - NY POE

1. How do i enquire about the my case at NVC
2. I read some where in the forum that PCC is valid for 1 year and somebody says valid for 6 months. can you please confirm on this?
3. How long it takes to get to the interview
4. What documents required to start collect for my self and my wife. My son is an US citizen, does he need any documentation?? i guess not?

Can Raju, KD or other CP gurus can help me to understand the basics here.

Thanks a lot!
spati:)

Originally posted by spkumar123

my case details:

{Most likely your case would have reached the NVC by now.
However don't be too alarmed if their automated system does
not recognize your number yet. They may take upto 1 week
after they receive the file to update their system.

Call the NVC help line: 603-334-0700 to know the status and
follow the automated instuctions (sometimes you also reach
a live operator) }

2. I read some where in the forum that PCC is valid for 1 year and somebody says valid for 6 months. can you please confirm on this?

{The PCC you obtain from the Indian Consulate here in US is
currently valid for 6 months from the date of issue. }

{While there are slight variations between the cases, a
ball park figure is 6 to 8 months}

4. What documents required to start collect for my self and my wife. My son is an US citizen, does he need any documentation?? i guess not?

{By researching the forum you would find exaustive list of
documents. I will list some of the main documents here.

1) Birth Certificate OR (Non-availability certificate + 2 affidavits from your parents, elder relatives or siblings ) for yourself and your wife.

2) Marriage Certificate.

3) Assuming that you are currently living in US, you and
wife would need PCC (Do not apply yet in view of the
6 months validity) The right time would be after you
send the Packet 3 to NVC.

Again research the forum for complete list.

You would just carry the birth certificate of your son to
the interview. }

Thanks a lot!

{my responses}

Raju

Raju, thanks a lot for the info. I will collect all the required documents from the forum

I am currently residing in Rochester, NY.

Thanks a lot again!

Regards
-- spati

alren:

The only way to do what you are suggesting is by emailing "Leila Lehman" who is the CP thread moderator or by using the Report To Moderator Link functionality at bottom right of your posting!

Hi,

I got my I 140 approval last week.. I just started a thread
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?threadid=118353

If you would like, please post your ideas and questions here, so people in a similar situation can get the info as well...

Dilbert

my case details:

Thanks a lot!

Hi Raju, KD,

NVC received my case and created the case number. I am posting my tracker dates in www.cptracker.com under spati user name. My attorney representing my case, so DS-3032 is allset.

I guess the next step would be NVC issues a Fee receipt.

Raju, you suggested me to start the PCC after Packet 3 sent to consulate. If my wife wants to plan a trip to India sometime in June (if possible!), would it be advisable to initiate a PCC some time mid-april? If so, when do the 6 month PCC validity starts? from the date they issue or from the date we apply?

I assume, i get the fee receipt in next a week or so, from that time, what is your guess for the interview (if everything goes as expected);) .

Thans a lot again,

spkumar :)

Hi Raju, KD,

NVC received my case and created the case number. I am posting my tracker dates in www.cptracker.com under spati user name. My attorney representing my case, so DS-3032 is allset.

I guess the next step would be NVC issues a Fee receipt.

Raju, you suggested me to start the PCC after Packet 3 sent to consulate. If my wife wants to plan a trip to India sometime in June (if possible!), would it be advisable to initiate a PCC some time mid-april? If so, when do the 6 month PCC validity starts? from the date they issue or from the date we apply?

{By rough calculation I am expecting your inteview during the
time frame October/November.

Keeping this in mind, if you apply for your wife's PCC in the
month of April, then probably you would get it by middle of
May. So, there is a slight chance her PCC may become
invalid by the interview date. Another issue is making a trip
to India after the issue of PCC (this may not be a big issue,
though).

If your wife plans to come back by August then that may
be a better time to apply for the PCC for her.

So not to delay things make sure to fill the DS-230 etc. and
get her signature before she leaves for India.

I assume, i get the fee receipt in next a week or so, from that time, what is your guess for the interview (if everything goes as expected);) .

{As above October or November}

Thans a lot again,

spkumar :)

{my responses}

Sometimes the attorneys' insist on seeing the PCC before
they file the Packet 3(even though they may not need to send
it with Packet 3) . Talk to your attorney well in advance
about this.

Raju

I mailed the packet3 back today. From cptraker.com, looks like it's taking 60-90 days to get the interview date from packet3 mailed.

Raju, KD and other CP gurus..

1. The pocket 3 has only DS230 - Part 1, when do i have to submit the Part-2? Should this be notorized?

2. I requested IRS tax return for one year by paying $29 (i have the last two return with me), It's about a month i haven't received, do you guys know how long will it take?

3. Do you recommend full family name or just the initial would do? Suppose if my name as Pati Sameer , it will be OK to specify as P Sameer?

Thanks in advance for your help!

spkumar

SPKumar,

I am also from Rochester, NY. It seems I am just trailing behind you exactly on the same path. My I140 was approved on March 22, 2004.

Could you please help let me know how things are working out for you?

My lawyer (Frank Novak) has sent out a fee of 335 USD to the NVC on April 14. I have already applied for a PCC from the NYC consulate. I have prepared the DS forms, birth certificate, all the copies of passport pages and am waiting to hear from the NVC.

Did you wait until you heard from the NVC or did you sent your package right away once the NVC created your case#.

Thanks.
Ami

Hi Ami,

You probably know, NVC sent the packet3 to your attorney. When you get it from the attorney, fill out the DS230 Part 1 for you and all your family members (if any) then sent back to NVC. The packet also will have a bar code sheet that should be icluded as well. You just follow the instructions, you will be all right.

On how to fill the form, refer the forum you will find lots of information (replies from Raju, KD and others were very helpful). If you still need any help, contact me at spenakalapati@yahoo.com

- Sameer

spkumar:

1. The pocket 3 has only DS230 - Part 1, when do i have to submit the Part-2? Should this be notorized?

Answer: Fill out part 2 but do not sign. This part 2 has to be signed in front of the consular officer when he/ she asks you to on the day of the itnerview.
==============================================

2. I requested IRS tax return for one year by paying $29 (i have the last two return with me), It's about a month i haven't received, do you guys know how long will it take?

Answer: I think you asked for photocopies of your tax returns and hence charged $29. You need "IRS TRANSCRIPTS" are are available for free for last 3 tax years. Normally it takes 2 weks to receive them in the mail.
==============================================

3. Do you recommend full family name or just the initial would do? Suppose if my name as Pati Sameer , it will be OK to specify as P Sameer?

Answer: On which document?

KD thanks for the reply.

1. I send the Packet 3 to NVC but didn't included in the DS230 Part2, shold this be OK? No where they specified in package instructions that i should send DS230 Part 2 as well. Please clarify me!

My impression was, fill out the form and carry with us for interview, am i correct?

2. I am sorry, i should have specified the document? Marriage Certificate.

Thanks a bunch

- sameer

spkumar:

DS 230 part 2 should be filled up and carried by the candidate straight to the interview. There is no need to mail this form as a part of packet 3. If you have mailed this form as a prt of packet 3 then download another form, fill it out anc carry it to the consulate and sign OLY in front of the consular officer when asked to.

AS far as the name on the MC, it should IDEALLY be the same as it shows in your BC and passport and all other immigration/ non-immigration documents. Looking at your example Pati Sameer vs P.Sameer, it should not be a problem.

KD, Thanks for the info.

I didn't send the DS230 Part2 along with the packet3.

Following are the documents sent with packet3
1. Barcode sheet
2. DS230 Part 1 for my self
3. Additional sheet provided for Part 1
4. DS230 Part 1 for my wife

My son is an US citizen hence didn't provided any seperate document except the info provided in both (me and my wife's) DS230 Part 1 documents

All documents (except barcode sheet) provided case number (top right corner as per the instructions), enclosed in the envolop provided by NVC and sent though Fedex overnight as the address specified in the envolop.

Again, thanks for your help!

Sameer

Bar Code ?

Hi KD,
My lawyer has asked to fill in DS-230 part I couple of weeks back and did that, so what is the bar code you were talking above I am not clear on that and can the lawyer directly send the filled DS-230 part I to NVC or they should wait till NVC asks for it ?

Suggest please

Thanks

vm:

Bar code is on a sheet that your attorney will get in the packet 3 that nvc has mailed them. All you have to do is fill out ds 230 part i for yourself and any other dependents and mail to your attorney and attorney will that your ds 230's and include the barcode sheet and mail the p3 back to nvc.