CP in Taipei, Taiwan

Bystander6
Bring new and old passports
Document Review took about 1.5 hours which checks original docs such as academic and financial support.
Immigration interview took only 3 min.
Received the IV in the same day, usually you may have it after 11:30 AM

Easy Interview

Hi, Bystander6,

I had a bad luck in I140 and good luck in my interview. My interview is pretty easy and the following is my sharing. God is fairJ

(1) AIT opens at 7:30AM and starts working at 8:00AM. After you come into AIT, go straight to the third floor and stand in the front of counter 4. You need to turn in the appointment letter and All passports (old and new) you have in this counter. And you can sit and wait until the lady calls you for the document checking.
(2) Document checking: The lady asks me to turn in ALL documents I prepared. I prepare all PK4 required documents in one package and other supplement documents in another package. Therefore, I just turn in the first package. Then the lady asks me to turn the F1 & H1 status change approval (I change status from F2->F1->H1). That¡¦s it. It only took her 10 minutes to check my husband¡¦s and my documents. Then sit and wait again until the consular calls you for the interview.
(3) Interview: It is the easiest interview in my life. I am from Colorado and the consular lived in CO before. Therefore, he just told me how beautiful CO is and how badly he wants to come back¡K After he is done talking, he asks us to swear all documents are turn and correct. That¡¦s it. I cannot believe it is my interview. NO questions!!

We finish the whole process at 9:20AM and the most time is waiting. After 9:20AM, we go out to have a coffee and go back to AIT at 11:30AM to get my visa (My husband get his visa in the next day because one mistake made by my lawyerL). The end!!

Note: Required Documents I prepare in the first package:
1. Birth Certificate: You can get this from the original registered Ho-Ji place
2. Original household identification book: You can get this from the original registered Ho-Ji place
3. Current household identification book:You can get it in your current local household office.
4. DS-230 PART I and II: You will get these from PK4. You can just turn in the copy of PartI that was in PK3. Don¡¦t sign PartII and you need to sign in front of the consular.
5. Police Record
6. Medical Exam
7. Marriage Certificate
8. 3 pictures(as required)
9. Notarized employment Letter: If your spouse is working, also bring his/her employment letter. Otherwise, you need to turn in a notarized 134 form.
10. The current three years tax report: W2 form and 1040
11. Bank statement

Forgot one doc!

12. My son's Birth Cert.

By the way, you can also check the following thread. It has been very useful for me.

ImmigrationPortal Forums > ImmigrationPortal.com > US Immigration > Immigrant Visas (Green Cards) > Consular Processing Issues-Immigrant Visas (Green Card) > Archives > GC done in AIT!

Good luck!

is it possible requesting a specific interview date?

Hi,

I have a question about requesting a specific interview date from AIT, has anyone here ever tried that? would they agree on having a special arrangement?

Thanks.

My case had reached NVC on 8/6/2003, and I am thinking of asking AIT for a specific date for my interview ...

Annie

Last edited by a moderator:
AOS to CP at AIT, Taiwan

Hi all...

I have filed I485 EB2 since Aug.2002 and it looks like it is not moving forward. Donno if CP is still my option at this point, no? Anyone has experience switching from AOS to CP recently? Attorney told me that it is complicate because there is I-824 involved and it takes over a year to get it to approved. Does AIT require I-824 approval for CP? I sent an email to AIT a while ago and never received any responses.

Anyone on the same boat? Thanks so much for any help.