CP in Taipei, Taiwan

Household Registration

Hi vjw98

Medical exam fee: you are right.

Photo shop
I found there is a Kodak photo shop just beside AIT.
It should be more familiar with "IV PHOTO" than others.
just my 2 cents.

BTW,does Household Registration is requested for employee based ?

oct7

oct7

Household Resistration required for immigrant visa. I need original and current one for each.

I already took a picture when I at US. Do we need to pay US $335 for visa application fee? I paid same amount when I summit package 3 to NVC. Do I need to pay again?????

vjw98

$335

I paid $260 to NVC with DS-230 part I. So I think we should pay the difference only. I will prepare total amount in NTD (US$335) for just in case.

Household registration: Is it in Chinese or English ?

oct7

oct7

all documents not in Chinese or English must be accompanied by certified translation into English. My household registration is Chinese.

IV interview

Dear all,

I got my IV.

Fee:
I paid $65 only as I already paid $260 with DS-230 I to NVC.
She gave a form to pay for $335 but I mentioned her that
I already paid $260 to NVC then she amended the amount to
$65.

Time:
Document Review took about 2-3 hours and immigration
interview took only 1-2 min.
If you pass, AIT will issue the IV in the same day at 11:30am
and 3:00pm. PS: They will cancel your existing VISA at the same time.

Documents: Either in Chinese or English is OK.
Some of documents (such as old passport...etc) are not mentioned in the instruction but if you have them I would
say bring them to your interview.
I was asked for my old passport (I brought it for just in case) and another one was asked for her original degree cert...when they
reviewed our documents.

Medical Exam:
Kaohsiung Medical Clinic charge the similar fee as Ta-An
and no need pay for register fee. (A lady whom I met in AIT Interview room told me that).

Good luck to every one CPers !

oct7
:D

Congratulation!

Congratulation Oct7:
Thanks you posted all information at here.

VJW98

thank you

Thank you joojle and vjw98.

The document reviews (Chinese lady) asked me
What/where I am doing now
Where are my parents living
How often I contacted with them
Who did my affidavit of support
something like that (Note:I am family-based )

The Immigration officer only asked me how is my
healthy status ? (He asked the same question to another
IV interviewer) and then asked me to sign on my DS-230 II
and told me pick up my IV at 3:00pm.

The important thing is your documents. As long as
you have all the requested documents, don't need
to worry. On my IV interview day, all of us got the IV
at the same day except two persons. One of them
could not offer the valid I-864 and the other did not
do her medical exam and police cert.

thank you everyone on this forum and good luck !
oct7

I got my IV

I got my immigrant visa. I will posted interview process later. Immigration officer did not ask any question. He make a joke to me. The interview time was less one minutes.

vjw98

Great

Vjw98,
Glad to hear the good news from you.
One tiny question,
When arrived to CKS airport on 4th, Nov. How did you take bus to Tai-An ? or taxi...
My friend plan to go there.

I take "TUNG-LAN" BUS, the one station very close hosptial. He can check with bus counter at airport, the lady will give you better advice.

vjw98

how long it takes for family based?

To oct7,

Congratulations to your IV.

Can you tell me how long have you waited for your interview ever since the I130 was approved? 'cause I have on that is approved in 2000, and I figured it would take more than 10 yrs since it was from my sister.
Thanks!

waiting time

Hi annie02

It will take over 10 years for US citizen sister/brother
family based (F4).

If possible, your US citizen sister may apply your parents first,
and your parents can apply (F2b) for you immediately with their green card if you are single, and update the petition (F2b to F1) upon one of them becomes US citizen. It may be faster.

Both two ways can be applied at the same time.

On the other hand, if you are H1B, don't give up to try the employement based.

On my IV interview date, a lady got her IV through Visa lottery. So You can try it too.

Good luck!
oct7

Re: how long will it take for optiong CP Taiwan

I opt for CP Taiwan. Currently I am still under I-140 stage. Getting RFE in Aug 28 2002. Laywer finally replied on Oct 28 2002. Have not got any approval notice from INS yet. Hopely I can get I-140 approval at the end of Nov. My company is keeping laying off these months. I wonder how long will it take for CP Taiwan. Time Consuming is very important issue for me especially new rule for NVC. Will it take more than 6 month? Anyone in CP Taiwan, please share your experience.

Turbo,

Can you post your I-140 status?

RuthChen,

I am sorry to hear that INS screw up your case. Can you please keep on updating your status?

Thanks!

mlin144

vjw98 & Oct7:
Congratulations!! I envy you so much:)

mlin144:
Finally my case reaches to NVC on 11/1. I receive the confirmation letter on 11/14, return it and still wait for the fee bill.
The following is the estimated time frame from my lawyer:
2 weeks to receive fee bill
2 weeks to receive pk3
6-8 weeks to do the pk3 review and send to the consular
2-3 months to the interview date
So...it would take over than but close to 6 months to get the interview according to the new law in NVC currently. But...who knows, the immigration police changes so quickly! I just remember when I got I-140 approval in July, my lawyer told me that I don't have problems to get GC this year and now...:(
Anyway, I hope nobody would be so unlucky like me:)
Good Luck!!

Received card

Received card today, I have been pain for geen card process more than 6 years. Work for company from 1996......

POE: LAX
DOE:11/17/02
Received Card:1/06/03

Good Luck everybody!

Last edited by a moderator:
congratulations VJW98. Hope we will all get to that point soon.

to answer mlin144's question ( sorry i just read it now)..i am still waiting at the I140 stage (CSC). the RD is 11/4/02. It took my company almost a month to give me the paperwork.
How is your case doing ? did you get the approval? my company has lay off alot of people as well...and i don't feel i have much of job security either.

I received my GC last week, but I found they put wrong "Birth of place". They use "People Republic of China" instead of "Taiwan Republic of China". What should I do?