CP in Taipei, Taiwan

received package 4

It was sent to my Taipei address and received on 10/18 last
Friday.
Oct7

how long to process i140 at CSC

i have optioned CP in taiwan. going to submit my i140 this week. want to find out if anybody have idea how long it takes CSC to process i140. ? i heard of a few people that took a very long time..almost a year...please share your info. I was told by my attorny is about 3-5 months, is that realistic?

Medical Report

Hello all,
Just wanted to let you know that it will take one week to get the medical report in Taiwan.

Turbo and Mlin144
You both are I-140 and in CSC.
Maybe you two can help each other more

Mlin144
To my knowledge, it may take 5-6 months since your returned
package 3 to the interview.
St. Louis to NVC 3-4 weeks
NVC review case 2-3 weeks
NVC to AIT 10-15 days
If AIT recieve a case before 20 of per month, the interview will be in next 2 month, otherwise, in next 3 month.

Hope that's help

oct7

tai-an hospital

tai-an need 5 working days to get a report as I know.

my case detail:
i-140 approved for AOS 3/26/02
APPROVED FOR CP 4/23/02
CASE FORWARD TO NVC 5/1/02
CASE CREATED AT NVC 5/22/02
RELY CP RECOMFIRM LETTER 6/??/02
P3 CREATED AT NVC 6/19/02
P3 SENT OUT 6/24/02
P3 MILED TO ST LOUIS 7/3/02
P3 FORWARD TO NVC 7/29/02
CASE REVIEW COMPLETED 8/29/02
CASE SENT TO AIT 9/4/02
CASE INFORMATION FROM NVC OPERATOR AT 603-334-0700
AIT EXPECT INTERVIEW AT 11/??/02, NOT RECEIVED INTERVEW PACKAGE.
GOOD LUK EVERYBODY!!

VJW98

tai-an hospital

tai-an need 5 working days to get a report as I know.

my case detail:
i-140 approved for AOS 3/26/02
APPROVED FOR CP 4/23/02
CASE FORWARD TO NVC 5/1/02
CASE CREATED AT NVC 5/22/02
RELY CP RECOMFIRM LETTER 6/??/02
P3 CREATED AT NVC 6/19/02
P3 SENT OUT 6/24/02
P3 MILED TO ST LOUIS 7/3/02
P3 FORWARD TO NVC 7/29/02
CASE REVIEW COMPLETED 8/29/02
CASE SENT TO AIT 9/4/02
CASE INFORMATION FROM NVC OPERATOR AT 603-334-0700
AIT EXPECT INTERVIEW AT 11/??/02, NOT RECEIVED INTERVEW PACKAGE.
GOOD LUK EVERYBODY!!

VJW98

I am kind of being confused by the whole CP. My friend told me I can forward my package 3 to AIT directly without sending back to NVC as long as you have the case number from NVC. According to NVC, I have to send the P3 back and they will transfer it to AIT.
Does NVC change the procedure?
NVC told me they forward my case to AIT on 10/1/02 and it takes about 10 business days for AIT to receive the documents. I just received a return e-mail from AIT and they did receive any application base on my name or case number. Is that normal?

Thanks for help :(

mengliang

After April 2002, the whole CP process change rule. Package 3 need to go through National Visa Center for background check and review. You maybe interview on December.

Great to find this forum.

To Turbo:

I just got my LC approved too. Trying so hard to decide the next step, concurrent file or CP.

My lawyer told me that most of her cases go for concurrent in CA, she has only two for CP, and these two have been in waiting mode for 6~7 month, still pending ...

Since my case will be processed by TSC with estimate process time for 140 -> 6 months. I485-> two years. And even my lawyer can't compare the time frame for concurrently file in since it is such a new law ...

Consider the horrible 485 processing time, I decided to go for CP.

Have anyone here has any thought of concurrently file in v.s. CP?

Last edited by a moderator:
to annie02

I am not aware of TSC processing time because I am at CSC center. Well i just gave paperwork to my lawyer for i140 today. hopefully they will sent out this week.

I did hear the CP process is getting tedious now...more steps. And you are right, the concurrent processing is really new..don't have any statistic ...and if the process slow down you just have to wait in the pipeline. At least for CP there is a more definite time frame. The only thing is you have to be pretty sure of your job security. so I am gambling on that. good luck to us all and will keep all posted.

medical exam fee

I got my medical exam report yesterday.

You have to bring passpost, within one year photo (2inch by 2 inch) x 6pcs and the medical form.

In "Hoon An" hospital, it was charged NT$5925 (included register fee NT$225) for regular checking, blood testing and x-ray.
Plus in another "Center Clinic" it was charged NT$312 for MMR shot and register fee NT$225 again.

all the best
oct7

Oct7,
I appreciate the fee information of Hoon An hospital.
Where is Hoon An hospital ? ( is it possible you can type chinese big5 fonts)
Do we have to do medical exam in Taiwan because of CP at Taipei ?
Are there any hospital located at southern of Taiwan which does medical exam ? :confused:

Country Hospital

joojle

§»®¦Âå°| Its English name is Country Hospital in Taipei - Eastern Town.

As for as I know everyone needs a medical exam report for CP

AIT assigned 5 hospitals 4 in Taipei and 1 in KaoHsiung
(the instruction is included in package 4) If you want them, I will post it here, please let me know

oct7

Oct 7
It is nice of you. Yes, please.
ÁÂÁÂ :)
Have any one seen or heard about DV lottery (2003 or 2004) around ?
Just wonder how this is different ?

List of physicians designed to perform medical exam

In Taipei
Country Hospital
Dr. Y.H. Lee Dr. W.K. Wong
Tel:(02)2771-3161 ext.165 or 166
9:00am-11:30am 2:00pm-4:30pm

MacKay Memorial Hospital
Dr.T.C.Wu Dr. K.W.Tsan
Tel:(02)2543-3535 ext.3139
8:30am-10:30am 1:30pm-3:30pm

Above are open daily except Saturday afternoons and Sunday

Taiwan Adventist Hospital (Tai An)
Dr. James E. Lin Dr. H.T. Hwang Dr. Chi-Hsung Huang
Tel:(02)2751-2747,2740-0729
Daily except Friday afternoons, Saturday and Sunday afternoon
8:30am-11:00am 1:30pm-4:00pm

Kaohsiung Medical Clinic
Dr. Mei Suey Chen (Fung) Dr. Wei-Jen Chen Dr. Yuh Tsann Jow
Tel:(07)751-7152
Please call for visa medical exam appointment
Sunday-Thursday 8:30a.m.-12:00p.m.

Sorry, total 4 only not 5

:) oct7

Medical Exam

My flight arrived at Taipei 5:30 am on Nov 4, I went to Adventist hospital "Tai-an" around 7:30am. The medical exam start 8:30, I left hospital around 9:15. They charge NT4680 for general check. I need to have 2 shots, one is MMR, another is TD. This two shots charge NT 647. They accept paid by credit card. .....will wait for 3 days to call back check for pick up time. The regular process time around 5 business days.

The Adventist Hospital charge less than Country Hospital, compare to Oct7's exam fee.

vjw98

The Adventist Hospital not charge for registed fee, NT 4680 is for whole package general check. the Vaccination medical fee is not including, but price is reasonable.