CP Gurus - please respond! Employer vs Ex-employer

cp_question

I am currently employed by Company B. I used to be employed by company A.

My ex-employer, company A has processed Labor plus I-140 for me. I have the option of going for CP with my current employer (later) or for CP with my ex-employer (fairly soon).

Here are my questions:

If my ex-employer gives me a "future" employment letter, and if I take my ex-employer\'s I-140 approval, do you think I can go for CP?

Assuming my CP is successful, how much time do I have before I re-join my ex-employer? I do intend to, but need to know if there are any time constraints involved.

If my CP for my ex-employer gets turned down, can I return with the H-1 for my current employer?

Please let me know. I intend to take a decision based on all your inputs, so please do respond.

Vivek

To clarify

My ex-employer is keen to have me join again. So I meant to say if he gives me a (notarized) letter that he has a position for me on my return, can I go for the CP interview with his I-140.

Hope I did\'nt sound too confused...

Vivek

I am with the same condition

Hi all I am with the same condition, so i am planning to join my Ex employer, by H1 and again planned to continue on CP . If u\'r method of getting the letter and apply for CP is easiest, I\'ll Defiently go for it. Pl help .

No Title

First, read this:

http://www.imminfo.com/imminfoftp/imminfo analysis 2.pdf

It will give you a lot of info.

You can finish your CP processing with your ex-employer but you have to start working for him immediately after entering back to the USA. Or you can stay out of the US after your CP, but you have to enter within 6 months of your CP and start working for your ex-employer. You cannot do your CP, come back to the USA and work for your current employer and later go back to your ex-employer.

Good luck!

Thanks Marta, and a couple of questions

Thank you Marta. I did read the link you pointed me to. That was very helpful.

A couple of questions, though:

I can get the employment letter (notarized) from the ex-employer, that should not be a problem. But since it is now my ex-employer, I do not have paystubs from that company. I only have paystubs from my current employer.

I see so much importance being given to paystubs in all the interview experiences on this board. Will this cause a problem?

The company I work for now is a large multinational, and the ex-employer who wants to hire me again is a much smaller company. What if the consular officer questions whether I will really resign my current job and go back to a smaller company?

I have never been out of status etc. so no issues there whatsoever.

Please respond. I guess my questions are really trivial now for all you experienced CP-ers, but I am very new to this whole process.

Cp_question21

technically u could do CP with ex while working for another

but as marta has mentioned you have to work for the company which sponsors your GC. Paystubs, just carry your current. But as you have noted, the consulate can question your intention as if u were planning to work for the company and the comapny has a need, why aren\'t you working for them now (on H1) and what is the guarantee that you will ? So, IMHO, the safe bet would be U joing your ex company on H1 and then go for CP, even if it is just for a couple of months. I do know a friend who had done that without any probs.