CP for parents - Regarding "Affidavit of Support (I-864) Processing Fee Bill"

wiz97

Registered Users (C)
I have a question about “Affidavit of Support (I-864) Processing Fee Bill”.
I am a US citizen and I have filled the I-130 (Consular Processing) for my parents. It got approved a month ago.
NVC has sent the “Affidavit of Support (I-864) Processing Fee Bill” only for my mom, about 2 weeks ago. I have sent the requested processing fee of $70 two weeks ago to the NVC. Now, I just got the “Affidavit of Support (I-864) Processing Fee Bill” for my father. Do, I have to send the processing fee again for my father? In the “Affidavit of Support (I-864) Processing Fee Bill” it is mentioned that if you are a U.S. citizen filling a separate Affidavit of Support (I-864) for each of your parents to immigrate, you only need to submit one $70.00 fee. In the letter from NVC, it is also mentioned “until we receive this fee from you, we cannot process your case”. SO now I am confused, do I need to send another $70 with “Affidavit of Support (I-864) Processing Fee Bill” for my father or just send this form without any payment?

Thanks in advance.

where did you file form I-130 for dependents?

Hi Wiz97,
Could you plese let me know where did u file form I-130 for dependents? Did u file in US or India? actually my GC has been approved recentley and planning to apply cp for my wife and kid who were in India.

thanks

I did file I-130 at Nebraska service center around Jan. 2005 and it got approved around mid Feb. 2005. I got "Affidavit of Support (I-864) Processing Fee Bill" for my mom around start of March 2005, and for my father 2 days ago (i.e. 03/19/2005).

wiz97 said:
SO now I am confused, do I need to send another $70 with “Affidavit of Support (I-864) Processing Fee Bill” for my father or just send this form without any payment?

QUOTE]

Its just 70 bucks. Send it and end the matter.Why to take risk and delay the process?

If you dont want to send the money, you can even call NVC and ask the question.

Last edited by a moderator:
GCChaahiye said:
wiz97 said:
SO now I am confused, do I need to send another $70 with “Affidavit of Support (I-864) Processing Fee Bill” for my father or just send this form without any payment?

QUOTE]

Its just 70 bucks. Send it and end the matter.Why to take risk and delay the process?

If you dont want to send the money, you can even call NVC and ask the question.

I would pay $70 to NVC rather trying to call them. It is very hard to get some one answer your call.

wiz97 said:
I would pay $70 to NVC rather trying to call them. It is very hard to get some one answer your call.

No, it is not that hard really.

Call early at say 8:30 EST or 1 EST or 6 EST.

I called 3-4 times at about 1 pm and 6 pm and got through without much waiting.Ofcourse it depends on the lines if and when they are free, to speak to a live person.