Cp Experiences - August 2003 Chennai

Re: MY CP SAGA.......

Dear MSNS;

Congratulations on the succesful interview. I am also in a similar situation like you regarding the Marriage. I have a letter from the Cheif Kazi, however our marriage was not registered with any other authorities(like a sub registrar etc.). I dont know if it would be a problem later. If you dont mind please send me an e-mail to
bayana123@yahoo.com. Thanks

Name check

Hi all

when i recently saw some threads stating that us consulates is doing randomly " Name check" for some people.Any body is having some idiea on that

thanks

Marriage Certifcate

Hello imihelp,

Staff from consulate office told me that.. We should have a marriage certifcate from Chief Kazi.. ( similar to Bishops for Church) or marriage certificate issued from Govt authority as per "special marriage act". I understand Court marriage is also valid.

Friend of mine , who is US citizen got married as per Hindu custom and later did court marriage . Both date were different. He was telling.. his wife had problems in getting IV from Delhi consulate. Later they submited docs with date showing same date of marriage or so.

If any of the guys who married and having similar issues (like their spouses never travelled to US before in depedent visa, date is different, only Church/Mosque certifcate avaialble, ..etc).. please seek some professional help regarding marraige certificate. You may conatct some legal professionals in India rather than US attorneys ( these attorneys are not well aware of situation in India).

Since there are many fraud cases reported in family based immigrations.. better to have enough docs to prove relationship. In these cases.. endorse your spouse name in passport. Collect/carry all docs avaialble from govt/religious authority. Photographs/wedding invitation ..etc. are also userful.

Nothing to worry, if they asked you further docs. You have plenty of time ( 1 year) to prepare for next interview. They will not reject your visa right away. I met a lady inside consulate ( family based immigration). She was attending interview 4th time with a new marriage certificate.

imihelp : this is what consulate says

In cases where birth or marriage certificates from the authorities are unavailable or contain insufficient information, a sworn statement executed by either the parents of the applicant, if living, or other close relatives older than the applicant, all of whom must have personal knowledge of the birth or marriage, may be submitted. The affidavit should set forth the relationship between the deponent and the applicant, how well the deponent knows the applicant, how the deponent comes to know about the facts to which he or she is swearing, date and place of applicant

Re: Re: Successful CP

Imihelp,

Sorry for replying late as I returned only yesterday from India. My employer mentioned my current salary (which is 25% higher than LC salary) in the employment letter. No questions were asked about my higher salary in the CP interview. But I was prepared to explain the reason for it as it was due to the salary rise based on performance, etc....

You don't have to worry about salary if it is more than your LC sal. Just be prepared to explain if the consular ask any questions reg. that.

Good luck.

lux

Originally posted by imihelp
Lux;

Congratulations !!!.
Thank you for sharing the information with the rest of us.

I remember in one of your previous posts, you have mentioned about 'having substantially higher salary than that in the LC'.

Could you explain about, how did you handle the situation.
Which salary did your employment letter state ?.
Did the officer ask you about your current salary, and what answer did you give ?.

Please answer the above questions, as I am also in the similar situation, expecting NOV interview.

Thanks again

About consular processing

hi luxgc,

Any problems for your collegues during the cp interview in madras in sep 2003

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: About consular processing

My interview was in August. I didn't see anybody having problems on my interview day. If u have all your documents right, no need to worry at all.

Originally posted by appan
hi luxgc,

Any problems for your collegues during the cp interview in madras in sep 2003

Thanks

Post-CP

POE : Dallas, first week of Sept.

Received multiple welcome letters
in the past couple of weeks.

Did anyone get their "Card" yet ?

...finally, the card arrives

Hi Aug CP'ers,
my card arrived this afternoon.

Hope I dont have to deal with
such bureaucracies for awhile !!

Received card

Received card

POE : LA on 7th September
Received Welcome letter : 22nd September
Received Card : 25th September

We received two welcome letters for each, same day. It was posted from CA.

Do we have to carry green card all the time with us.?

In theory, yes ...
(immigrants and nivs. required to carry
evidence of visa/status at all times)
In practice, no one does ...

Moreover, if we lose it, I think the
fee for replacement is $150 ~ $200 ...

So, it is sufficient to carry it
when traveling outside the country,
or when starting a new job, etc !!

Welcome Letter

Guys,

What happened to the rest of the Aug Cp'ers? Typically how long does it take to receive the welcome letter? My poe was dallas on the 21st of Sep and have not received anything yet from INS. Any other experiences?

Booker

Booker,
it takes two to three weeks to get a welcome
letter. I *guess* this also depends on how many cases the POE/BCIS guys want to aggregate for
processing ...
In my case, it took 2 weeks (Dallas POE).
At this point, u'll have the SRC number and
you can monitor the status on BCIS web page.

When you find the message on the status page
has changed, u know your card has been mailed !!
(1 ~ 1.5 weeks )

Once you get the card u can be sure that your
details are available in the SSA system as well,
so you can apply to change the ssn card

Re: Successful CP

Hi,
What is this Tax Transcript. Is it the tax filing statement to IRS r what.

Thanks,

Originally posted by luxGC
Hi all,

Successfully completed the CP interview on August 28th. Everything went on very smooth. Experience was very similar to all others.

Apart from the list of required documents, the documents that were asked extra are:

1) Pay stubs
2) W2’s
3) Tax transcripts

Thanks for everyone for sharing their comments and helping others. Special thanks to Rajiv Khanna for providing us with such a useful forum.

Good luck to all.

Thanks,
lux

hi

You can get the transcript from the IRS office.you can go to the nearest IRS office and ask for transcript

You can get a copy of the Federal returns filed by calling IRS at 1-800-829-1040

Last edited by a moderator:
immihelp, rvalla, msns - doc sufficient for marriage

immihelp, rvalla, msns,
your recent posts on mariage certificate etc. have ben helpful to me. I am doing follow to join for my wife. She has been to US many times INDEPENDANTLY but never as a dependant. (she had J1 clause, so could not enter US for 2 years.....we just got waiver).

She is going for CP in a few weeks.

We got married under 'Hindu Marriage Act' and our marriage was done in a gurudwara. We do NOT have any letter/affidavit from the religious preists. We DO have a court registration of marriage. This is NOT a court marriage but a registration of a religious marriage.

Is this document enough??? we do have religious marriage photos.

Do we need affidavit from religios preist.? Do we need affidavit from wifes parents?

ALso, any more info about CHief Kazi will be appreciated.

PS. her consulate is Delhi.

thanks.