CP Experience Apr 22 Mumbai

PCC question

Hey brb I have question regarding Indian PCC . Since I am a Canadian citizen right now I had give up my Indian passport and citizenship. Now how do I get Indian PCC since I don\'t have my Indian passport.

patelM

It is much simpler to get an Indian PCC once you have given up the Indian Passport. Apply in a similar fashion as everyone. When PCC advice arrives from India (or if the maximum period of wait - 45? days is over) consulate will ask you to send a self addressed stamped envelope. They will mail out the PCC to you. They are not allowed to stamp on foreign passports so you don\'t have to send in your passport for stamping. I got mine from the Chicago consulate without any hassle.

I am in the same boat of name check clearance.

Appeared for GC interview on 23 April. Consulate had made mistake in my birthdate- entered 12 instead of 02 in month and for that they want to do a name check again. So guys if u have a appointment letter with any incorrect details. take the extra time to get it changed before the interview. Otherwise you have to wait for a long time. In my case was told that name check will be done in a week. No update till now....

Still waiting... stuck in India...

Pancpgc: Did they tell you that you will get the GC for sure?

All the details on our appointment letter were correct...so I doubt if that was the reason
I think they are doing at random

got a letter today from mumbai consulate

saying that the name check clearance has been obtained and I can come anyday to get the GC. Most likely will be going next week to Mumbai for getting the visa packet. Keep in touch.. Are u from mumbai. I am from Ahmedabad. I called them yesterday (5/02) and was told that they did not have any information on the name check. But the letter they have sent me, was posted on 30th April. So better go to the consulate if in mumbai rather than waiting....
best of luck..

Thanks and congratulations

We have been asked to contact them after 07 May (2 weeks after the interview) and I will do the same. No point in calling them again and again. I am in Mumbai and enjoying the extended vacation

Kindly let us know the procedure for picking up the GC and

how much time you needed to wait to get the packet...thanks in advance

Picked up IV packets on 09 May 2002

It was a horrible wait at the embassy as I had to wait from 0745 to 1600 just to get the packet. Anyway, all is well that ends well